per group (up to 12)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
German, English, French, Spanish
What's not included
- 2 Hours Guided Tour of Pompeii
- Entrance Fee (16 euro per adult, free for under 18 years old, 9 euro for Europeans 18 to 24 y.o.)
- Departure details
- Hortus Pompei, Restaurant & Garden Bar, Via Villa dei Misteri - Piazza Porta Marina Superiore 1, Piazza Esedra, 1, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 101354P16
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist on Tripadvisor
- How much is Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist?
- Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist price starts from $212.23. Discover and book Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist on Tripadvisor
- What is the Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist cancellation policy?
- Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist?
- Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist is hosted by TASTETHEXPERIENCE. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact TASTETHEXPERIENCE on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 101354P16
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atHortus Pompei, Restaurant & Garden BarVia Villa dei Misteri - Piazza Porta Marina Superiore 1, Piazza Esedra, 1, 80045 Pompei NA, ItalySee address & details
- 1Pompeii Archaeological ParkStop: 3 hoursA marvelous throw-back walk around the ancient city of Pompeii, the Roman city that was covered of lava in 79 AD.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Naples, Campania, Italy
Joined in October 2018
#4 of 192 Outdoor Activities in Naples
- Erika H00Great pairing of activitiesEnjoyed the comibiatio. Of Pompeii tour and the wineries. The tour of Pompeii was informative, if a bit rushed. As we walked up to the site, more information on the Pompeii society would have been great along with spending more time in the plaza, which we really just walked through quickly. The guide said we were behind but we still had :30 min left in the tour at that point. The wineries were both great locations and very different from each other. The food and wine at the first location was excellent and we would have been happy to stop there. The second location had a great view, but the food was subpar.
- dyslarasati00Amazing day at Pompeii & winery!Great experience to explore Pompeii site as that is one of the most famous historical site in the world, highly recommended for sure! The tour guide for Pompeii was very knowledgeable & thoughtful, she took a good care of the group very well in Pompeii. The winery tour was also pretty cool, the wine tasting was nice and the lunch was great. I had such a great day :)
- N9891VSstephenm00Brief ruins tour, great wine, amazing horseback ride.100% recommend this half day trip. You’ll start with just a couple hours at the ruins getting a guided tour of the highlights. Then split to the winery a few minutes away. Beautiful spot, incredible wine and snacks. Then off to an amazing family equestrian farm for a ride around a vineyard with down to earth, friendly riders from the family. This is a must do if you’re nearby. I would even go to it if you’re in Naples for more than a few days. Done around 5:00 pm.
- jodisL6604CS00Amazing!!!This is a great tour with Pompeii in the morning, lunch at a winery and then horseback riding through the vineyards on Mount Vesuvius. Giuseppe was fantastic. He took great care of us, and the views were amazing. Definitely would do this again…and will recommend it to everyone I know.
- H5437UDmattheww00SpectacularTop notch tour. From the guided tour of Pompeii, to the two vineyards and the shuttle service between each, incredibly well done. Would absolutely do this again.
- U6342TOmattf00Worldwind Winery TourWas a great tour and a highlight wa sthe the winery tour. Lorenzo was a champion and extremely accommodating with transporting us around and providing tips for our trip through Amalfi Coast.
- JamesJLFC00Incredible experienceThis experience was amazing. Our tour guide Teresa gave us a great tour of the highlights of Pompeii. The winery tour, lunch & wine tasting that followed was equally as great and was the perfect way to spend a day in the south of Italy!
- briannamN6600GV00Best ever!Don’t hesitate to book this!!! It was our favorite thing we’ve done in Italy so far. The tour guide for Pompeii (Theresa) was so knowledgeable and sweet. She was a great story teller and we saw all the best spots in Pompeii. The winery had the most amazing wines - my particular favorite being Pompeii Rossa. I could have had 4 more glasses! The lunch was delicious (cheese plate, pasta, fruit dessert and limoncello). We did the horses last because of the heat which we thought was a kind consideration to the animals. The views were absolutely BREATHTAKING and Giuseppe made you feel very safe, even if you’ve only ridden horses 1-2 times (or never!). He also helped us with our train back to Pozzuoli which was beyond appreciated. All in all, book it! You won’t regret it. Thank you Giuseppe! :)
- MM_Edinburgh120900Memorable experience :)Fantastic experience all round that we and our teenager daughter really enjoyed. Giuseppe is a real pleasure; communication and organisation is great and he is a such a good laugh. Horse ride was lovely and something really different to do in the region. Horses are well behaved and treated really well. The vineyard for lunch was gorgeous & both food and numerous wines were outstanding. Lastly, the visit to Pompeii at about two hours with a guide is just right. It was so hot that this was more than enough time, but be aware that Pompei is huge so it cannot be covered in two hours but this experience gives you a good flavour and some excellent insights. I would do this experience again and recommend to everyone :)”
- Spencer J00Eat, Pray, Love!Amazing experience! Antonio was incredibly versed in all things Pompeii! 4th generation historian, with an incredible understanding of the history of the ruins. He answered all questions with an great detail. Lorenzo, our travel guide, was phenomenal. Personable, kind, and also very knowledgeable. He went far above and beyond! We definitely recommend for anyone that wants to enjoy the ruins and a little wine!
- H7595FTmatthewv00IncredibleIncredible experience, Giuseppe and Sofia are very accommodating and thoughtful. Their attention to the experience of their guests helps everyone feel comfortable, even if never having ridden a horse before. A must do in Campania!
- Steffinapoli00Amazing!An amazing experience for us! The horseback riding was incredible. The wine tasting was great we bought a few bottles. Touring Pompeii with the guide was very informative!
- lisahT5095GV00Exceptional experience that deepened our understanding of ancient life in Pompei“We thoroughly enjoyed our tour of Pompei! We learned more than expected about ancient life here and the impact on the modern world. Our host was knowledgeable, friendly, and even got my teenagers excited about history! I highly recommend this experience. Grazie!”
- 969izabelak00BuonissimoThis trip was absolutely amazing! First big THANK YOU, to this company and our guid Theresa. Being on vacation our days got mixed up and we showed up day early. Theresa made few texts and got an approval for us to stay and enjoy the tour on Saturday instead of Sunday. It was a small group just 8 of us, everyone from different countries. We bonded well. Our guide was very passionate about Pompeii and had so many stories and made sure we were all happy. After the tour was over we were taken by a privet driver to the Bosch De’ Medici winery for lunch and wine tasting. Food was delicious, wine was amazing and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Would highly recommend this your to anyone.
- federicaaE5233EU00sensational!!!Book it NOW!! My friends and I had a blast! It was even more than what we were expecting,we got some good limoncello when we go to Capri, we customized our trip and Giuseppe was able to make it work out the best way, everything felt smooth and very well organized! Grazie to Giuseppe and Francesco, our incredible skipper!!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Sep 2022 • Couples
The organiser was very thorough and professional in the planning and delivery of the experience.
Giselle our guide was fully fluent in French and very knowledgeable on the site and its history.
Giselle our guide was fully fluent in French and very knowledgeable on the site and its history.
Written September 18, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thanks a lot for your sweet words, we're so happy to see that you enjoyed our experience! Whenever you'll be in the area you'll be more than welcome!
Written January 13, 2023
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist provided by TASTETHEXPERIENCE
Product Overview: Explore Pompeii's Ruins with your Private Archaeologist
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos