Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
per group (up to 9)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The building dominates the square of the same name in the center of Naples and holds one of the most important collections of antiquities in the world, offering a complete picture of the Greco-Roman civilization in its various aspects. Among the first museums in Europe, it houses the famous Farnese collection, inherited from Charles of Bourbon, son of Elisabetta Farnese and last exponent of the dynast, who conquered the Kingdom of Naples in 1734. The guided tour of two and a half hours includes a visit to the Farnese Collection, to the section on Pompeii and to the other Vesuvian cities buried by Vesuvius, to the collection of mosaics and to the Secret Cabinet. The 3-hour tour also includes a visit to the Egyptian Section, second in importance only to that of the Egyptian Museum of Turin with its 2500 objects.
- You'll start atNaples National Archaeological MuseumPiazza Museo, 19, 80135 Napoli NA, ItalyThe guide will wait for customers on the entrance stairway with the Svelaria sign.See address & details
- 1Museo Archeologico Nazionale di NapoliStop: 3 hours - Admission excludedWe will visit the Farnese Collection, the section of the frescoes and mosaics of the Vesuvian area, the Secret Cabinet, the Egyptian collection.Read more
- You'll end atNaples National Archaeological MuseumPiazza Museo, 19, 80135 Napoli NA, ItalyThe guide will wait for customers on the entrance stairway with the Svelaria sign.See address & details
Naples National Archaeological Museum, Piazza Museo, 19, 80135 Napoli NA, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- Authorized guide
- Private tour
- Museum admission ticket
- Entry/Admission - Museo Archeologico Nazionale di Napoli
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Fabulous first tour of Naples
I'm new to Naples so all of the tour was very interesting. Our guide was very good ,her English was excellent her k…
Naples Street Food Tour
This is not my first tour with Svelaria :) - she is awesome. This tour was with the International Club at JFC Napl…
Private tour in Oplontis and Ercolano
We used this company for a private tour of Oplontis and Ercolano in English. We really enjoyed the tour: it was ver…
Excellent Tour Guide - Recommended!
Ilaria gave a tour to a group of a lesser known basilica in Campania as well as the small town of Caserta Vechia. …
Fantastic tour guide
Ilaria was our tour guide. She did a phenomenal job on explaining all the details and historical facts about Pompei…
Amazing tour guide
Ilaria was incredibly knowledgeable - a nonstop source of historical facts, interesting details, and fascinating s…
Very interesting and educational.
I loved this place. It was mind blowing but so sad to see the original paintings on the walls of the buildings and …
Elena took members of the International Archeological Society of Naples on a tour of the National Archeological Museum.
Although many of us have been there many times, there were specific aspects of Pompeii, Herculaneum, Faranese, and …
Palace of Caserta and English Gardens
I cannot say enough. Ilaria is fantastic. This is my 2nd tour with her. She has so much knowledge to share and she …
We were a group of 9, and we spent a morning with Ilaria in downtown Naples, a full day with her visiting archeolog…
Private tour of Pompeii
As we only had 2 days around Pompeii and Vesuvius area , we decided to book a private guide through our hotel, for …
Educative and adapts to personal interests
Ilaria was our guide in Pompeii at the end of July and was amazing. She kept our 9 and 11 year old girls interest i…
Pompeii Private Guide
My wife and i had an amazing time exploring the ruins with Ilaria. As well as her depth of knowledge and clear pass…
Trip to Pompeii
It is the second time I hire Ilaria’s service as a tour guide. Today she took me and my family to Pompeii and then…
Greatly enjoyed our Naples tour with Ilaria Fiore
My wife and I visited Naples on a day trip from Sorrento in early May 2018. As English speakers who had not previo…
- Duration: 2–3 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English, Italian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Tour of the National Archaeological Museum of Naples
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Tour of the National Archaeological Museum of Naples on Tripadvisor
- Tour of the National Archaeological Museum of Naples price starts from $367.70. Discover and book Tour of the National Archaeological Museum of Naples on Tripadvisor
- Tour of the National Archaeological Museum of Naples cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Tour of the National Archaeological Museum of Naples on Tripadvisor
- Tour of the National Archaeological Museum of Naples is hosted by Svelaria. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Svelaria on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Tour of the National Archaeological Museum of Naples on Tripadvisor