per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Portuguese, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Private tour
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide (if option selected)
- Wine tasting fee - if the option chosen includes it
- Access fee to the ruins
- Wine tasting fee - if the option chosen does not include it
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
- Entry/Admission - Vesuvius National Park
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Departure Point: Your accommodation or Cruise docking (if coming on a Cruise ship) in the Naples area, Salerno & Amalfi coast area, Sorrento's area. Dates: Daily Return point: Pickup point or any different requested drop off point located in the area of the excursion
- Naples Airport, Naples Italy
- Salerno Costa d'Amalfi Airport, Via Olmo, snc, 84092 Bellizzi SA, Italy
- Sorrento Airport, Sorrento Italy
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 16006P15
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is smart casual
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting?
- Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting price starts from $300.55. Discover and book Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting cancellation policy?
- Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting?
- Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting is hosted by A Drive Into the Blue. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact A Drive Into the Blue on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 16006P15
Reserve your spot
About the operator
A Drive Into the Blue
Joined in June 2015
#2 of 11 Food & Drink in Piano di Sorrento
- Ntkramer00Best guide and day trip EVER!Our tour guide, Antonino, was fabulous. He was so informative about everywhere we went. It was like traveling with a historian. Antonino spoke English very well. His love of Italy was evident. He gave us great restaurant recommendations and was overall the happiest and easiest guy to be around. We had a tight schedule and he kept to it. Would do it again!!!
- Sherpa55511000Thumbs up for this tour and tour companyOur driver, Pepino, was prompt and a good driver and communicator. We all had a wonderful time! Pompeii was the most wonderful of the ruins we visited on our cruise, including Delos, Acropolis and Olympia. Our guide at Pompeii, Anna, was the best! Get there when it opens to miss the crowds. We didn't go to Positano due to time restrictions and traffic, but we all loved Sorrento, and were glad we could spend time for lunch and a little shopping. We'd highly recommend this tour by A Drive Into the Blue. Our only regret is spending just one day in the beautiful Naples area.
- K4653ZPalexn00UnprofessionalThis tour operator cancelled on us the Monday before we were supposed to take the tour(on a Wednesday). The only explanation was we were too few...for a private small group tour. There were only 2 of us, but if that were too few to begin with then don't allow the booking. Or cancel within a reasonable amount of time. We were unable to find another tour following this because even when I booked this 6 months prior, tours were filling up fast. Extremely unprofessional. If 2 is too small for a private tour, don't accept the booking. If you need to cancel, do so within a reasonable amount of time. Not 2 days prior
- Jim c00Mt Vesuvius, Herculaneum, and Pompeii tripOur guide Antonino (Tony) was fabulous. He picked us up at hotel lobby in Sorrento. Drove us to Mt. Vesuvius and was informing us on history of eruption as we drove. Extremely knowledgeable and an excellent guide. We had a very informative ,organized day. Just what we wanted. Ask for Antonino.
- salonen1300AMAZING, OUTSTANDING TRIPWe were picked up promptly at our accommdation by Antonino and from there the day started. He explained all about Mt Vesuvius on our way. He was very very knowledgeable about everything we spoke about. He showed us the best parts of Pompeii explaining everything about what we were seeing. When we moved on to Herculaneum he was just as knowledgeable. We all had looked forward to this trip and Antonino made sure we had a great day. We will visit the museum of archeology to see the things we spoke with Antonino on the trip. Throughout the day he always told us we could change plans but we were very very happy with the schedule. Amazing scenes from Mt Vesuvius of the bay of Naples.
- carolineaT689JX00Pompeii private tour with AntoninoFinally toured Pompeii and it was worth it… Antonino our guide was wonderful… he was so knowledgeable and made the tour engaging, interesting and left us wanting to know more about this amazing place. It was deeply moving to see how people lived in ancient times….highly recommend this tour and Antonino as your guide.
- newportfamily00Avoid this unreliable driver who no-showed despite a confirmed reservationAntonio cancelled our 6/21 Amalfi Coast excursion without notice, I only discovered it when I called him the evening before to provide him with our hotel location for pick up. He said he had emailed me several days earlier to cancel because he was sick. However that was untrue, he actually emailed me several days before on 6/16 CONFIRMING my reservation. I’ve attached a copy of his email because he insists he never confirmed, but here it is. The email also mentions we amended the reservation, but we never did anything other than make a simple straight-forward booking. I’m not sure where is confusion is coming from - whether he mixed up his bookings, got a better offer or perhaps it was a language barrier situation - but the whole situation was unprofessional. I made the reservation months in advance, as I knew we were traveling during high season. His cancellation left us in a lurch, and negatively impacted our travel plans as we only had a few days and had to scramble to reschedule things. Very disappointing. Avoid this unreliable vendor.
- P3960GNrichards00Tour ReviewEnjoyable activities discussion with Tony in Herc picture taking along the coast shopping in Positano lunch in Sorrento
- Kimuhlig00ExceptionalAbsolutely fantastic-our guide, Tony, was amazing. We learned soooo much - it was like taking a condensed history class but enjoyable due to the stories he shared. Highly recommend
- 869dianneh00Wonderful Excursion to Vesuvius and Herculaneum/Pompeii RuinsThis tour was the highlight of our Italy trip! Antonino was a wonderful guide for our excursion to Mt. Vesuvius, Herculaneum, and Pompeii. He was prompt in picking us up, and flexible with the schedule. We loved his passion for Herculaneum and Pompeii. It was so interesting and breathtaking to experience the sites through his narrative. Antonini also gave us sound advice traveling down to the Amalfi coast from Naples. His info was invaluable, and we had a great experience.
- clodac202300Really memorable tour.An excellent tour well worthwhile. There is a lot to see in the area and Antonio showed us so much. He is an excellent driver and guide. Delighted we chose a tour with him particularly as we have young children and Antonio allowed us to set the pace so the kids never got too tired.
- 315kristas00Pompeii tripIt was a cold and rainy day but we got lots of quality time at each location. He was a very good driver in the bad weather.
- K262UIheatherl00Fantastic experienceWe would highly recommend this tour. What a wonderful day! Antonio was absolutely fantastic as a tour guide. We learned so much and would do it again in a heartbeat. Our 2 children (age 11 and 8) were entertained and had a magical day. Thank you, Antonio!
- Laura C00Amazing day in Pompeii, Sorrento, & Positano!From start to finish this tour was excellent! Our tour guide, Antonino, provided the best experience. My tour was very small (just myself & my friend). We started out in Pompeii. He was able to give detailed historical descriptions & provided extra pictures to help us imagine what the ruins looked like before they were destroyed. I learned a ton! I was blow away by the ruins. We then headed to the Amalfi coast where we enjoyed a walk down to the beach taking in all the interesting scenery. We stopped along the way & did some shopping. Since we visited in December, it was not crowded & many of the shops were closed. We didn’t mind this & actually preferred the more “private” views. Finally we ended in Sorento. We went to a main square area with 2 bustling streets for shopping. The area was beautifully decorated for Christmas. We took this tour towards the end of our vacation & it was easily my favorite day of the whole trip. Highly, highly recommend. Antonino was fabulous. I feel very lucky that we got him as a guide!
- natalienD8816LQ00Amazing tour, fantastic guide, Highly recommendWe have been in Italy for 6 days and have done a tour everyday. This tour guide and tour was our favorite of the entire trip. Tony was incredibly knowledgeable about Pompeii. You got the sense that this wasn't just a job for him, it is his passion. He was a great English speaker and everything was easy to understand. If I am ever back in the area I will be booking another tour with him.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Jun 2021 • Couples
We had a fabulous day. Antonino was a knowledgeable and patient guide who even made being stuck in Naples rush hour interesting(!). This is a must for anyone who wants to learn more about herculaneum and surrounding area. The day was finished off with a beautiful lunch and wine tasting overlooking the bay. I can't recommend this package highly enough.
Written June 3, 2021
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thank you so much! Jennifer and Anthony, you were simply fantastic. It's always a pleasure to meet such kind and flexible people like you. Ciao Antonino
Written June 3, 2021
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting provided by A Drive Into the Blue
Product Overview: Private Day Tour: Herculaneum and Wine Tasting
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos