Select Date and Travelers
per group (up to 10)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Immerse yourself in the European Capital of Culture 2019 and Unesco world heritage site! Are you ready to explore the secrets of Sassi? Admire the town in carved out rock where inhabitants lived until 20th century. Visit the cave cathedral. Why it is truly unique? You will find out why Matera is an architectural miracle. Why Matera's cemeteries are quite unusual? And did you know that the city has its own Bizarre Festival? You will see the most impressive places of the city together with a professional local guide.
- You'll start atPiazza Vittorio VenetoPiazza Vittorio Veneto, 75100 Matera MT, ItalySee address & details
- 1Sassi di MateraStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedDistricts well-known for their ancient cave dwellings inhabited since the Paleolithic period.Read more
- You'll end atMatera75100 Matera, Province of Matera, ItalySee address & details
Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
75100 Matera, Province of Matera, Italy
- Experienced guide
- Entry/Admission - Sassi di Matera
- Cave House 2 euro per person, Rupestrian Church 3 euro per person
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Fun Top Fun Lithuania
The food wasn't warm and the waiters weren't fast and serious . The restaurant looks cool but it isn't .
The food was excelent the waiters were so kind and friendly. The ingriendients were very exclusives.
Beautifully luxurious, fascinating, photographic, lots to see!
My husband and I were visiting Nice as part of our river cruise. We had a local guide who took us on an excursion …
We were warmly welcomed by St.Andrew's Church, and the tour started on time. Our guide Henry showed a great underst…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about The Best of Matera Walking Tour
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book The Best of Matera Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- The Best of Matera Walking Tour price starts from $370.74. Discover and book The Best of Matera Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- The Best of Matera Walking Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book The Best of Matera Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- The Best of Matera Walking Tour is hosted by Fun Top Fun Lithuania. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Fun Top Fun Lithuania on Tripadvisor. Discover and book The Best of Matera Walking Tour on Tripadvisor