Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start atCarrer de l'Óssa MenorOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Living It ToursStop: 8 hoursLeave Barcelona by air-conditioned minibus and head to the famous Penedès wine region for an exquisite wine and cava tasting session. Learn all about the region’s strict regulations on grape varieties and sustainable and organic agricultural practices, as you visit a family owned winery. You will see exactly why Catalan wines have acquired such international fame. After head to a nearby town to experience a local festival. In Catalonia, there’s always a festival taking place somewhere, and the fiesta spirit is central to the region. A major part of many festival celebrations is the human tower displays, known as castells. See this time-honored Catalan tradition for yourself at the festival, and see Catalans of all ages taking part; typically the older veterans comprise the la pinya (solid tower base) while the brave and light anxanetas (usually youngsters) crown the top. Displays have been given UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage status for their unique expression of Catalan culture. After enjoying the festival at leisure, head back to your minibus and return to Barcelona, where your tour ends.Read more
- You'll end atCarrer de l'Óssa MenorCarrer de l'Óssa Menor, 08018 Barcelona, SpainSee address & details
Carrer de l'Óssa Menor, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
Returns to original departure point
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Tour of a organic winery, cellar and vineyards
- Wine/Cava tasting (3 wines and cavas) accompanied with Catalan sausage and cheese and olive oil tasting
- Souvenir picture of your human tower
- Professional local guide
- Unique experience
- Watch Human Towers and experience local culture firsthand.
- Hotel pickup optional
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Small group tour ensures experience local culture first hand
- Note that Spanish law requires children under 10 years to travel in a children's car seat. Infant seats are available by request if advised at time of booking.
- Minors will drink non alcoholics drinks, also made in the winery.
- Minimum age is 6 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 2 more reviews on Viator
We had heard so much about the human towers, but I really wanted to see them for myself. My stepmother, 10-year-old daughter and I were privileged to have Barbara as a guide who took us to a practice session. Her own son is part of a human towers team, so we got all the inside…
1 Helpful vote
Response from 5728Barbara, General Manager at Wine & Cava Tasting and Human Tower Festival from Barcelona -Castellers Heritage
Responded Jul 18, 2019
Thanks so much for your sweet words, your daughter you and your stepmother were a sweet family and was my pleasure to host you! hope to see you soon!
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
By: Living It Tours
Montserrat was beautiful.Pick up late
The five of us got picked up an hour late from original start time. We waited outside for a while with the company …
Human Tower Experience & Montblanc Nov 1, 2019
This tour was outstanding! We (4 ladies) had a private tour to see the Human Tower Experience at Vilafranca. What …
Monserrat Monastery and park.....great tour
Loved the experience and my guide, Jordi. Basilica and boys’ choir is a can’t miss stop. Jordi made it special....…
Tour guide was wonderful and easy to work with. Our riding guide was great as well. The riding and the scenery (a…
Great way to experience trencadis art
The workshop was the highlight. The studio we went to only offered three options of paperboard to create the tile …
Excellent day trip
Our tour guide, Barbara, was well organised, knowledgeable and considerate of groups interests and abilities.
I did a tour in August and can strongly recommend it. Very friendly and helpful guide from living it (thanks Lorena…
Beautiful scenery and lovely experience
Together with friends we experienced the horseback tour in Barcelona. I am a more experienced rider but my friends …
Story book scenery
We had a wonderful day. We had a very pleasant and knowledgeable guide. We were also fortunate to have another grea…
Fun, but confusing, and a little too rushed in the workshop
I struggled between a 3 and a 4 here for some logistical information I'll cover below. The art workshop was a lot …
Wonderful and Informative tour
Our tour was a private tour of the Montserrat Monastery and Natural Park and also the Catalonian 3 course meal. Ju…
Happy to choose that event during our stay in Barcelona
Really friendly and helpful staff, amazing landscape, friendly horses, and the best for a couple of a “mother-first…
Waited 2 hours in the rain before pick up
Pick up location was in front of McDonalds at the Shopping Mall. They said we stood on the wrong spot, but there wa…
It is a magnificent place to visit, impressive to see church and monastery built in the mountains. It is also Avery…
This day trip was fantastic, the veiw from the nation park on horse back was incredible and being beginner riders w…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 14,328 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 10,816 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Wine & Cava Tasting and Human Tower Festival from Barcelona -Castellers Heritage
How much is Wine & Cava Tasting and Human Tower Festival from Barcelona -Castellers Heritage?
Wine & Cava Tasting and Human Tower Festival from Barcelona -Castellers Heritage price starts from $124.48. Discover and book Wine & Cava Tasting and Human Tower Festival from Barcelona -Castellers Heritage on Tripadvisor
What is the Wine & Cava Tasting and Human Tower Festival from Barcelona -Castellers Heritage cancellation policy?
Wine & Cava Tasting and Human Tower Festival from Barcelona -Castellers Heritage cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Wine & Cava Tasting and Human Tower Festival from Barcelona -Castellers Heritage on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Wine & Cava Tasting and Human Tower Festival from Barcelona -Castellers Heritage?
Wine & Cava Tasting and Human Tower Festival from Barcelona -Castellers Heritage is hosted by Living It Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Living It Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Wine & Cava Tasting and Human Tower Festival from Barcelona -Castellers Heritage on Tripadvisor