Select Date and Travelers
per group (up to 15)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
When you imagine Hannover you think of CeBit Computer Expo or the Hannover Messe Industrial Technology Trade Fair? Prepare to be taken by surprise! Hanover it's not only about the largest fairground in the world and hi-tech exhibitions, but it's also a city with a rich history, a city that gave the world a monarchy that ruled Great Britain, a city with a wealth of museums and cultural sites and with Europe's largest urban forest, the Eilenriede. The first contact with this city might not blow you away, but give it some time and it will be hard to ever part. In this tour you will discover all major highlights and hear the history of this city that had to rise like Phoenix from his ashes after World War II but has since become a fascinating blend of old and new. Duration: 2h Maximum 25 participants per Guide You will see: • Market Church • Old Town Hall • Kreuz-Church • Oskar Winter Fountain • Leibnitz House • Aegidien Church • New Town Hall
- You'll start atHanns-Lilje-Platz 2Hanns-Lilje-Platz 2, 30159 Hannover, GermanySee address & details
- 1German Brazilian municipality eVStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedMeet your guide in front of the Market Church, the main Lutheran church in Hanover. Built in the 14th century it's considered to be one of the most well-known example of the North German brick gothic architectural style. Partially destroyed by an air raid in 1943 and restored later on, its high western tower was a symbol for the power and the wealth of the citizens of the town and it still represents an important landmark of the city. Admire the Old Town Hall, built in about 100 years, with Romanesque style influences and Neo-Gothic architecture. Listen to your guide as he will explain the portraits of the princes and coats-of-arms it features on the building's murals. Close by, you can see another landmark, the Ballhof Building that used to be a sports hall designed for ball games out of the wind and rain. It was also used as an assembly hall and later as a theatre. Move on, walking through the winding alleys all the way to Kreuz-Church the oldest church in Hanover, dating from 1333. Mostly destroyed during WWII, like most parts of the Old Town, it was reconstructed after the war. Continue your walk until you reach Oskar-Winter- Fountain, a local fountain with a fascinating story. The legend says that if you make a wish and turn the small brass ring embedded in the ironwork, that wish will come true. Behind the fountain, you can see the Leibniz House, the place where the mathematician and philosopher Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz (1646-1716) used to live. Let’s move on to our next highlight, the Aegidien Church, a reminder to the horrors of war. Destroyed during the WWII, it was never repaired or reconstructed. Inside the ruins you can see the Peace Bell, donated by the city of Hiroshima. Annually, on 6th of August at 08:15, a delegation from Hiroshima comes to ring the bell, in the memory of those that died during the air strike. We continue your walk to the last tourist attractions, the New Town Hall. When the New Town Hall was opened by Emperor Wilhelm II, the City Director announced: "Ten million Marks, Your Majesty – and all paid for in cash". Visit the Town Hall and you will understand exactly why the costs were so high. Climb the 98 m to the top in the curved lift, the only one of its kind in Europe, inside its green dome for a breathtaking view of the city and, if lucky enough, a view of the Harz Mountain range.Read more
- You'll end atHanoverHanover, GermanySee address & details
Hanns-Lilje-Platz 2, 30159 Hannover, Germany
- Local Guide who will be with your group only
- Private guided Tour
- Entry/Admission - German Brazilian municipality eV
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This walk tour suitable for any age
- For this walk tour no transportation needed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Global Guide Services
Dear GGS-Team thanks for a great guide in Vienna!
We were a group of 9 in Vienna and needed a Russian-speaking guide for a city tour. Booking procedure was quick and…
BEST Tour Guide EVER!
Our guide, Stefanie A, was the BEST walking tour guide I've EVER had. She is classy, well-spoken and eloquent and a…
We are a group of 13 (12 students and 1 instructor) from a Texas community college and used Ggs for private transfe…
This was a very personal tour with a private tour guide and the two of us. Timing was right on target! The tour gui…
Private walks in a city.
Here in Silver Tray - Bespoke European Rail Journeys we sell train vacations including trains, hotels, transfers an…
We always like walking tours and this was no exception. Alla was a great guide; patient and informative. We loved o…
A hidden gem
Bamberg is.one of the best kept secrets in Germany. It is not hard to find a little or big surprise around every co…
Munich public walking tour
Dorothea was very knowledgeable and took us to some great places. You have to see the surfers at the English Garden…
In Germany, for business trip or family journay I had the opportunity to visit many city. I suggest you to go in Co…
I’ve had the pleasure of organizing several tours with GGS and I’ve never been disappointed. Sergie (my last guide)…
Augsburg Morning walk
This was a great morning stroll from my hotel through the artisan community and to the old city. The tour guide was…
Guide was knowledgeable and pleasant. He walked all the highlights with us and answered questions. Very pleasant pe…
Wear your walking shoes
We enjoyed our Tour guide. We got an inside tour of there wonderful artifacts. He shared intersesting stories, and…
We have been working with GGS - Siavash for the past 2 years now, availing guides, assistance and even transport at…
WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH GGS
We worked with GGS for few of our tours, but we are already impressed with the swift and good service they have pro…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently Asked Questions about Hanover Private Walking Tour
- Hanover Private Walking Tour price starts from $205.87. Discover and book Hanover Private Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Hanover Private Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hanover Private Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Hanover Private Walking Tour is hosted by Global Guide Services. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Global Guide Services on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Hanover Private Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Hanover Private Walking Tour on Tripadvisor