You’ll follow one of our local Hamburg hosts as they show you this once working-class neighborhood turned trendy shopping hub. Discover its unique boutiques, quirky stores, and cozy independent shops. Visit the Zeisehallen, a disused ship propeller factory turned arthouse cinema, and ‘Die Fabrik’, which used to be an ammunition depot before becoming a concert hall. Food is never off the menu, so don’t hesitate to stop for a bite to eat. Your host knows just the place! Within 24 hours after booking you'll receive a short questionnaire about your personality and interests. Based on your responses, you'll be assigned a like-minded host. Your host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary to help you discover what makes the city unique. You will also agree on a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience, you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a host
- Walking experience
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
- The entire experience is tailored according to your interests (meeting /attractions visited)
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- Gratuities (optional)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the area. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience. If you require a private vehicle please get in touch with our team for details and costs.
- Espresso House, Scheel-Plessen-Straße 17, 22765 Hamburg, Germany Upon booking your meeting point can be arranged (e.g. your hotel/accommodation), however this MUST be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 30791P476
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood on Tripadvisor
- How much is Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood?
- Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood price starts from $76.07. Discover and book Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood on Tripadvisor
- What is the Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood cancellation policy?
- Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood?
- Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood is hosted by City Unscripted. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact City Unscripted on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 30791P476
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atEspresso HouseOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- Pass byZeise-hallsFabrikWochenmarkt am GoldbekuferRosengartenWohlers Park
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
#5 of 35 Food & Drink in Hamburg
- Beauworth00Excellent tour with DenizWe had a great walking tour with Deniz. Exactly what we were looking for and he was able to show us loads of things we wouldn’t otherwise have seen. He had good knowledge about the city too.
- Journey0476870396800Fabulous Day in HamburgGreat day exploring Hamburg with Deniz ! We only had a precious 4 hours but we covered so much ground and took in all the best sights from the Rathaus to the Speicherstadt to the Elbphilharmonie. Deniz kept a good pace so my 12 and 10 year old daughters were able to keep up and we were able to sit down for lunch at a cafe too. Thanks Deniz 😄
- Q1203DLrichardh00A Joyous, Animated Day!Aline was a true delight! She had contacted us ahead of our tour to understand what our desires and capabilities (active!) We learned history, culture, economic reasons for growth, and the how and why city is structured. We got recommendations for numerous restaurants and coffee shops. We covered just over 10 miles on foot and truly got an amazing feel for the city. Aline quickly knew everyone’s name and background and aligned the tour to our interests. HIGHLY recommend!!!
- A9637HJcraigs00Hamburg walking tourDave was an excellent guide/host, took time to understand our interests before the tour so it could be managed accordingly within the time available. Excellent company and knowledge throughout.
- frequentflyermom00Great Experience with a Private GuideDeniz was a wonderful guide for our group of 4. He showed us things we didn't even know we wanted to see :) He was relaxed and friendly. He helped us navigate the U-Bahn and made good recommendations for restaurants etc. He met us in the lobby of our hotel so it was incredibly easy. Unlike traditional tours, you stop when you feel like it, look at what you want and don't feel rushed. We will be using City Unscripted in the future. We recommend Deniz for future visitors to Hamburg.
- B8380GPtanjad00See a lot in a few hours on a relaxed wayVery relaxed tour. We have seen a lot in only four hours, at the same time we haven't hurried. It was the money worth.
- StevenTiernoAZ00It was like seeing Hamburg with a friendI had a great experience. My Guide, Vasileio, was knowledgeable and personable. I feel like I experienced Hamburg with an old friend and as a local would.
- Sandra Renee S00Fabulous HamburgUnique experience! Awesome explanations. Fabulous tips and locations! Gave us a lot of background information on the city and people! Certainly will recommend
- ClaudiBaL00AwesomaThe tour was great!! And our guide Deniz is awesome, he knows a lot. Me and my family had a great time.
- siddhu241100A good tour with Mr. DaveWe had an amazing experience to the city of Hamburg. Our guide Mr. Dave was providing so much insightful information that made our trip more memorable. He was also accommodating with my father who was in wheelchair. even after our tour was over, he provided some additional tips and info which allowed us to tour the Hamburg city a bit more on our own pace. Highly recommended for anyone looking to have a quick tour of the city
- JAivars00Just perfectPrivate tour made by David was realy excelent. Even on preparatory stage all details for next coming tour were scrutinised and bilateraly confirmed. Keeping in mind my limited capability for walking distances all was planned perfect. Nothing but an excitement is my total valuation of experience doring this tour. Thank you very much David for all it!
- abrahams66700Hamburg city tourWe had a wonderful and relaxing time exploring Hamburg with our local host, Aline. She showed us the highlights of Hamburg and she had great recommendations about the local delicacies. We had three children all under 10 years old, and Aline was so accommodating and engaging. She made sure everyone had a good time. Definitely recommend Aline for young families. We were able to see a lot during our visit. I like the flexibility of a private tour, and we could adjust the itinerary based on our preferences.
- thomaskL3332GR00Very interesting insight innto HamburgDeniz was a very interesting, informative and attentive host. He tended to our touring preferences and provided us with great memories. We would recommend him to anyone travelling to Hamburg for the first time.
- Roadrunner3200Great expectations, Highly disappointingThe prelude to our actual tour was all that what could expect - we were contacted shortly after I made our reservation "to provide us with the best guide and experience." Super, I thought. Thus, I provided extensive input as to what we liked (history, culture, nature), and what we didn't (a long lunch break). Our tour guide met us at our hotel promptly, and handled all logistics.He was prompt and courteous throughout. But - and here's where I must get negative - our guide knew little of Lubeck's history, culture, or architecture, other than where things were. How could he? He'd only been living in Germany for four years, and he's an energy efficiency expert - interesting, but not at all what we specified. Where was the knowledge of Lubeck's past? Its architecture? Sadly, not with our guide. As a result, almost all of what we learned, we learned from those precious few information signs (great if one speaks German!) that included an English summary. And, we found ourselves at the same restaurant that's listed in the generic description for the tour - excellent food, yes - but the guide seemed not to know of any other possibilities. Bottom line - we expected a lot, as we have come to expect from other Viator excursions - but for the first time in at least a dozen tours, we came away underwhelmed and disappointed. Probably the only time we'll ever get to Lubbock - I feel we missed a great many interesting details.
- G6586TGdawnp00Great tripWe were on our first trip to Hamburg. Our guide, Deniz, was reliable, friendly, knowledgeable and easy going. He took us to all the places we wanted to go to and suggested some other places as well. We really enjoyed talking to him and the information he gave us about Hamburg. We would go again and recommend Deniz highly. It is a lot of walking, but he did offer alternate transportation, even though we chose to walk. I was wearing a walking boot due to a foot Fracture and I still walked 20,000 steps, so it is doable. Thanks Deniz and best of luck in the future.
Buy it with
Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood provided by City Unscripted
Product Overview: Explore Ottensen, Hamburg’s Trendiest Neighborhood
Number of Photos