per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 1h 30m
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private tour
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Departure details
- Pförtnerhaus, Allee nach Glienicke 2, 14482 Potsdam, Germany Departure Point: Gatehouse (Pförtnerhaus), bus stop "Schloss Babelsberg" (Allee nach Glienicke / Karl-Marx-Straße) Address: Allee nach Glienicke 2, 14482 Potsdam Dates: See Availability Return point: return to starting point
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 46847P11
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park?
- Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park price starts from $59.86. Discover and book Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park cancellation policy?
- Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park?
- Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park is hosted by Berlins Taiga. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Berlins Taiga on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 46847P11
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atPförtnerhausAllee nach Glienicke 2, 14482 Potsdam, GermanyDeparture Point: Gatehouse (Pförtnerhaus), bus stop "Schloss Babelsberg" (Allee nach Glienicke / Karl-Marx-Straße) Address: Allee nach Glienicke 2, 14482 Potsdam Dates: See Availability Return point: return to starting pointSee address & details
- 1Park BabelsbergStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2Babelsberg CastleStop: 20 minutesSee detailsPass byGlienicke Bridge
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in March 2017
#2 of 35 Tours & Activities in Potsdam
- Rad200Great tour!Great trip with Holger! We learned a lot about this interesting place and all of it’s fascinating history.
- LIsa29200Private Walking TourWe were initially disappointed by the fact that Holger could not make the day and we were allocated another tour guide. We only decided to take this rather expensive private tour because Holger's review was so good. But the another guide called, Andreas was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable ( I believe that he studied History in University). My husband who is very interested in history was very happy with Andreas' guide.
- aclaireporter00Highly informative! Great insight to Potsdam!Holger is an informative tour guide, would highly recommend if you ever visit Berlin. His upbringing in the area and personal experiences add to the authenticity of the tour.
- stevenoV5834CF00Great dayMy two friends and I went on a private Potsdam day tour with Holger, and the tour was wonderful. Holger knows the city well, and was informative and helpful. He was very accommodating and responsive to our needs and requests, and went above and beyond in helping me get my phone repaired, which decided to die right at the start of the tour. I also liked the fact that, prior to my visit, Holger always promptly answered my e-mails and questions. I will absolutely hire Holger for another tour the next time I am in Berlin.
- JohnC60800The best day everThought I knew it all and wondered if I would learn anything. Well how wrong was I, collected from Central Berlin in the Soviet Bus to be taken to places old and new, Holga is a great guide and a lovely person with an engaging personality. We had a fabulous day I learnt so much and saw things I’d missed and some truly amazing things, for a Berlin Wall geek it was heaven and my wife loved it to Thank you Holga you were amazing
- JohnC60800The Best Day !!!!Brilliant Day, collected in the Soviet Van and then I full day touring lots of places all to do with the Occupation of Berlin. I’m a bit knowledgeable on Cold War Berlin, but Holga still found tales and stories I didn’t know. Even my wife was entertained and found the whole day enjoyable. A thrilling experience from a well experienced and knowledgeable guide and I will be back to extract more information and to be shown even more places. 10/10
- N5860JZlindak00Great tour with an informative and personable guide! A highlight of our visit.We greatly enjoyed the Walking Tour of Soviet Berlin with our guide, Holger. Holger shared his extensive knowledge with us and also shared a little bit of what it was life was like for him growing up in East Germany. We highly recommend this experience as it will give you a broad understanding of the city and Berlin's history.
- DennisY99700History lessonWe enjoyed the informative tour from our tour guide Holger as he walked us through the town center, city square to see the town that was rebuilt after WWII. We also visited the castle where Potsdam conference was held where US, Soviet and UK leaders decided on dropping the atomic bomb in Japan in 1945. Our visit ended at the Bridge of Spies which was featured in a movie by Tom Hanks! It was a very well presented tour and we had a wonderful time!
- Wendy L00What a fascinating tour of Potsdam and It's Soviet History!Yesterday, me, my son, and my husband took a tour with Berlins Taiga in Potsdam. We were all completely engaged for the entire 2.5 hours. I knew so little about the Soviet History in East Germany. Our guide, Holger, is so good at making history come alive. We learned about the Potsdam Conference, the KGB operations here, and eventually saw the Bridge of Spies. My 21 year old son was so intrigued that he downloaded the movie to watch on his way home. I highly recommend this tour to everyone.
- pranay-mittal00Great Tour of the "Soviet Red Metropolis"Holger is the main person who runs Berlin's Taiga, and when my brother and I got a tour last summer of the Soviet Red Metropolis, we were blown away my Holger's immense wealth of knowledge. His knowledge goes beyond just history books and he has a fascinating ability to connect things to make them more relevant to the tour. For example, as we'd walk down the street, he'd point to a funny looking building and explain how it was the location of an important Soviet inauguration and its overall relevance to the greater course of history. Because it was just the 2 of us (my brother and I) there was the occasional, rare instance when what Holger was saying wasn't immediately relevant or interesting. However, we would just let him know, or ask him a different question, and Holger would immediately understand, and immediately respond to our interests. As for the logistics, it's a 4 hour long tour. Definitely bring water, walking shoes and whatever you need for lots of walking, and some food or cash for a quick lunch break. I definitely recommend this tour for history nerds such as myself and my brother. Also, Holgar is perfectly bilingual (German, English... and I think even Polish if I recall correctly?) so language barrier is no issue.
- CeTeE_1900Where East met WestHolger provided us with a knowledgeable and fascinating overview of German/Russian/Allied history in the 20th century and how this was played out in different locations in and around Potsdam. Holger is a 'Potsdamer' and therefore was able to share his own experience and how it felt when Germany was still divided. This brought what we saw even more to life. Potsdam itself is beautiful. Our walk and visit to Cecilienhof took us to many interesting stops on the way, which we would not have found, if we had not taken the tour. Our highlight was the Glienicker Brücke. It sat in beautiful sunlight. However, the bridge itself and its surroundings nevertheless triggered images of film-noir spy exchanges. We will consider another tour with Holger when we are next in Berlin.
- IsaacB41100Fascinating, engaging tour of PotsdamThank you so much, Holger, for an incredibly informative and engaging tour of Potstam. Would recommend this tour for anyone visiting Potstam or Berlin.
- spbkatekat00Insightful and Entertaining Tour in Babelsberg ParkA very nice 1,5 hr.-tour in Babelsberg Park with the focus on the DDR period. The tour guide, Holger, was very friendly and engaging and he provided a lot of information. Walking in the park, one can enjoy both nature and the historical buildings there. What I especially liked that Holger also had some photos, maps and even artifacts from those times with him and was showing it us in the course of the tour. I wish the tour could be a little bit longer, because it is too interesting.
- Jayne W00Great private tourHolger was recommended to us and did not disappoint. We took a private tour so that we could ask lots of questions and focus on what interested us most. He delivered a very interesting commentary in excellent English.
- bane98900Great tour in Berlin!We had a great private tour Behind the Iron curtain with Alex in Berlin. The 3.5 hours passed really fast because it was so interesting and personal. We learned so much and now have a good picture of the history of Berlin. Thank you very much
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
May 2019 • Friends
Die Geschichte des Parks nach dem 2. Weltkrieg war sehr interessant und wurde von Herrn Raschke sehr gut rübergebracht, insbesondere kleine Punkte, die man sonst nicht sieht (z. B. in Baumrinde geritzte und verwachsene Infos). Wir können nur empfehlen, an soch einer Info-Tour teilzunehmen.
Written May 28, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Vielen Dank für die ausgezeichnete Bewertung! Es freut mich sehr, dass die Tour bei allen Teilnehmern so gut angekommen ist. Bis zum nächsten Mal!
Written May 29, 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park provided by Berlins Taiga
Product Overview: Private Tour: Discover the Amazing History of Babelsberg Park
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos