Berlin Street Art Private Tour
By Essence of Berlin
Berliners pioneered the use of graffiti as protest when they started spray-painting the Western side of the Berlin Wall – subverting the most brutal symbol of the Cold War with messages of resistance, compassion and hope. The street art scene then exploded after the Wall fell, as young people, punks and artists reclaimed and re-appropriated empty buildings in the former East. These days the city is famed as much for the art you find on the streets as the art present in its galleries. This 3-hour walking tour gives you the low-down on Berlin’s Street Art scene – the history, the movers and shakers, and their motivations – and also addresses other contemporary cultural concerns in the city. We stay at the cutting edge, and thus our route changes with the scene. You will travel to Berlin’s more bohemian districts, and talk about prevalent issues such as different media falling under the label of Street Art, Berlin’s enduring squat culture, gentrification and the influx of refugees.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Spanish
What's not included
- Professional, local guide
- Food and drink
- Public transportation costs
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 63772P46
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- A note from Berlin Street Art Private Tour
What you can expect during your visit
- We adhere to regulations mandated by the Berlin State government and/or the State government in the area/s of Germany that our tours visit or pass through. If you enter any museums or shops on your tour you will be expected to abide by the regulations set by the store or institution.
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Berlin Street Art Private Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Berlin Street Art Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Berlin Street Art Private Tour?
- Berlin Street Art Private Tour price starts from $142.21. Discover and book Berlin Street Art Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Berlin Street Art Private Tour cancellation policy?
- Berlin Street Art Private Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Berlin Street Art Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Berlin Street Art Private Tour?
- Berlin Street Art Private Tour is hosted by Essence of Berlin. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Essence of Berlin on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Berlin Street Art Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 63772P46
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1BerlinStop: 3 hoursSee details
- 2Haus SchwarzenbergStop: 45 minutesSee details
- 3KreuzbergStop: 2 hoursSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
This tour was absolutely amazing and what it amazing was our tour guide Nick. Nick was FULL of so much history and …
The guide Matt. He was friendly and presented the material in a way that I could understand And answered questions …
Nick was a fantastic tour guide. The itinerary was jam packed and a perfect way to see as much of Berlin in a 12 ho…
Joanne was fantastic!
Joanne was fantastic! Informative, entertaining and an amazing in-depth tour . The transportation was first class…
We sincerely enjoyed our time learning about Berlin. I was a pissy towards the big city before hand. I’m glad we fo…
Best travel guide ever
Best guide I have ever met. He is very kind, humorous and full of knowledge. 5 stars are less for him. He deserves …
Private tour with Jonathan
Jonathan was a wonderful guide! He was very knowledgeable, funny and entertaining. He was attentive to what we were…
Best tour of our trip!
This Berlin Tour was the best of our trip! Waleed gave us so much detailed information and stories at the many, ma…
Great tour and guide
It was a great excursion with lots of great information and great guide. Very knowledgeable and very friendly and u…
If you only have 3 hours or so, do this.
Our tour guide, Walid, was excellent. He provided insight and context to the sites we visited. He balanced recent…
Enlightening and thorough
Walid was an exceptional guide and very knowledgeable and kind. We learned much in our time and visited new sites. …
Good 6-hour trip and good guide
We joined the tour from Insider Tour Berlin. This trip was very meaningful and lots of information provided. I woul…
We had the best time !
We had the very best guide for our Tour and spent the best day ! We booked this tour as my wife is pregnant and did…
Quick snapshot of Berlin
Jim was a great tour guide. He was very knowledgeable of all facets of history of Berlin and the various sites we v…
Fun and informative day
Jim was very entertaining as he gave us the facts and history of Berlin. He took us to the sites and showed us pic…