On the fringes of a national park lies the infamous site of Sachsenhausen. Incarcerating primarily political prisoners, the camp saw the deaths of 30,000 people. Witness its preserved barracks and sparse living conditions, observe the remains of the hugely emotive execution facilities, and begin to grasp the magnitude of the crimes committed here. Learn about the daily life of its prisoners and about its largest ever seen counterfeit currency operation, and a Nazi strategy to affect the economies of the allied forces. Hear how the horrors continued after WWII as the Soviets commandeered it for their own undesirable means.
per group (up to 6)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Russian, English
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Professional Guide
- Languages: English, Deutsch, Russian, Hebrew, Bulgarian
- Hotel Pick up / Drop off
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 132938P5
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Sachsenhausen Private City tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Sachsenhausen Private City tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Sachsenhausen Private City tour?
- Sachsenhausen Private City tour price starts from $555.99. Discover and book Sachsenhausen Private City tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Sachsenhausen Private City tour cancellation policy?
- Sachsenhausen Private City tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Sachsenhausen Private City tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Sachsenhausen Private City tour?
- Sachsenhausen Private City tour is hosted by Valeri Vasilev. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Valeri Vasilev on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Sachsenhausen Private City tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 132938P5
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Memorial and Museum SachsenhausenStop: 5 hoursThe ride from Berlin to the site will take about an hour. The Vehicle will be parked and the attraction will be visited on foot. About 3 hours will be spend in Sachsenhausen.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in May 2019
#11 of 109 Transportation in Berlin
- lorenafT4378BE00In one word: astonishing!Best tour i've had in Europe! It was so great we booked another tour with Valeri the next day! He toom his time explaining and taking pictures. Best part of our europe trip!
- SRalston10500Packed in Tour of Berlin with bonus photographsOur first day, and first time, in Berlin was perfect thanks to Valeri Vasilev and his beautiful photographs as a bonus. Valeri picked us up from our hotel in a luxury Mercedes and showed us so many sights of Berlin in an informative and efficient way. No time was wasted as he moved us safely from sight to sight, expertly explaining the history of each location. During the evening of the same day as the tour, he sent a file of spectacular photographs of me and my husband touring the sights of Berlin. It was a luxury to simply see the sights while hearing the history and have someone else document it for us. The tour is not a bargain, but worth every penny, Valeri is professional and an excellent communicator.
- Rebecca M00FantasticValeri was fantastic. Very knowledgeable and super friendly. Showed us everything we wanted to see and more and the pictures he took were great! Highly recommend
- I5127XJjeanb00AmazingWhat an amazing day and Val took fantastic photos all day as well. It was so nice to be driven all around Berlin in a luxury car while he was explaining all the sights and history to us. At every stop he was guiding and taking photos of us along with all the points of interest.
- Melanie R00Beat Tour of BerlinWriting this review for November 2022. The tour guide was amazing! Despite the short time my family was present, he took us to the lots of historical places. I would recommend him to anyone!
- Rowena R00Awesome personalised tourValeri made our party of 4 comfortable throughout our 5 hour tour. The van was clean, roomy, warm and comfortable . He shared stories from a local perspective. He was knowledgeable about the history of his home city. We went to the must do dights and rambled through some areas we would not have found as first time visitors. Valeri kept our 15M and 17M sons engaged with local favourites. We loved the history, the chocolate and the street art. Getting photos at the end of the tour was the icing on the cake. I absolutely recommend this tour.
- I5127XJjeanb006-star tour!This was a 6-star experience in every way! Our guide Valeri not only showed us all the important sights of Berlin along w many hidden secret places, he took fabulous photos of us and the sights all day long. We now have many many photos of our great trip to Berlin. Val is an extremely knowledgeable and passionate guide on the history of Berlin. We would highly recommend this tour!
- hodgkinb201600Hodgkin BThe tour was a great way to condense the many highlights of Berlin .Valeri our tour guide was able to bring the sites to life with his informative commentary on the amazing, often confronting chronological history of this amazing city . The many photos taken by Valeri were a real bonus .
- marialactao00ReviewOverall very good tour! Went to so many places, and the tour guide gave so many fun facts about each! Additionally, the pictures taken by him were simply AMAZING
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Nov 2023 • Couples
Valerie our tour guide was outstanding. We were picked up at our hotel and it was about an hours drive to Sachsenhausen Camp. Valerie explained the background to the horrific atrocities carried out as we toured different buildings. There were lots of personal stories from the people at the camp which made very sombre reading. Overall Valerie did a great job and I would highly recommend this tour, it is important to not forget what happened and certainly the tour was very educational and worthwhile.
Written November 21, 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Sachsenhausen Private City tour provided by Valeri Vasilev
Product Overview: Sachsenhausen Private City tour
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos