Select Date and Travelers
per group (up to 15)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start atStuttgart Central StationArnulf-Klett-Platz 2, 70173 Stuttgart, GermanySee address & details
- 1Office building of the railwayStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedWe begin our tour at the Main Railway Station, a large complex built in the 1920’s complete with a 12 story tower topped with the Mercedes-Benz logo that is clearly visible from afar. Leaving the train station we will enter the Königsstrasse (King's Street), a pedestrian shopping zone flanked by beautiful palace grounds, first of which is the Palace Square, the largest square in the inner city containing the royal gardens, that have been renovated in 1977 for the State Garden Exhibit and again in 2006 for the World Cup Finals. Adorned by sculptures, fountains and even a lake adjacent to the New Palace dating back to the late 18th century this is a popular place for recreation, sports, open air concerts and even Christmas markets. Opposite of the palace stands the Königsbau, a city palace commissioned by Kaiser Wilhelm I, that has since then been cleverly converted into a shopping mall. Just across from the Königsbau you will notice Stuttgart's Art Museum, a spectacular glass cubicle containing many fine examples of German modern art, and in the evening offers a spectacular light show. From here we will enter Schiller Square, a square centered by a statue of Friedrich Schiller, the world famous writer hailed as Shakespeare’s german counterpart. The statue itself is one of the most recent additions to this square however, because the very origins of the city can be traced back to this place nearly a 1000 years ago. It was here that the first stone buildings were erected, most notable being the old castle, an old fortification that used to be surrounded by water filled moat. Also noteworthy are the Collegiate Church, the Fruchtkasten, a gothic style stone building, and the Ministry of Justice. Most of the buildings here received a significant makeover during the renaissance age and again after World War 2. Today the square is used as a marketplace and as a Christmas market. Our next stop is the City Market Hall that has nice murals decorating the facade. Just a few minutes from here is Karls Square a square featuring a statue of Kaiser Wilhelm I, the first German Emperor and Head of the State of a united modern Germany on horseback. Behind the statue are two obelisks that stand as a monument of the Franco-Prussian war which not only marks German victory over France but marks the start as Germany as a united and modern nation in the mid-19th century.Read more
- You'll end atStuttgartStuttgart, GermanySee address & details
Stuttgart Central Station, Arnulf-Klett-Platz 2, 70173 Stuttgart, Germany
- Local Guide who will be with your group only
- Private guided Tour
- Possible customizing on tour with your local guide on the spot
- Entry/Admission - Office building of the railway
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This walk tour suitable for any age
- For this walk tour no transportation needed
- Activity Level: Easy
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Global Guide Services
Dear GGS-Team thanks for a great guide in Vienna!
We were a group of 9 in Vienna and needed a Russian-speaking guide for a city tour. Booking procedure was quick and…
BEST Tour Guide EVER!
Our guide, Stefanie A, was the BEST walking tour guide I've EVER had. She is classy, well-spoken and eloquent and a…
We are a group of 13 (12 students and 1 instructor) from a Texas community college and used Ggs for private transfe…
This was a very personal tour with a private tour guide and the two of us. Timing was right on target! The tour gui…
Private walks in a city.
Here in Silver Tray - Bespoke European Rail Journeys we sell train vacations including trains, hotels, transfers an…
We always like walking tours and this was no exception. Alla was a great guide; patient and informative. We loved o…
A hidden gem
Bamberg is.one of the best kept secrets in Germany. It is not hard to find a little or big surprise around every co…
Munich public walking tour
Dorothea was very knowledgeable and took us to some great places. You have to see the surfers at the English Garden…
In Germany, for business trip or family journay I had the opportunity to visit many city. I suggest you to go in Co…
I’ve had the pleasure of organizing several tours with GGS and I’ve never been disappointed. Sergie (my last guide)…
Augsburg Morning walk
This was a great morning stroll from my hotel through the artisan community and to the old city. The tour guide was…
Guide was knowledgeable and pleasant. He walked all the highlights with us and answered questions. Very pleasant pe…
Wear your walking shoes
We enjoyed our Tour guide. We got an inside tour of there wonderful artifacts. He shared intersesting stories, and…
We have been working with GGS - Siavash for the past 2 years now, availing guides, assistance and even transport at…
WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH GGS
We worked with GGS for few of our tours, but we are already impressed with the swift and good service they have pro…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Stuttgart Private Walking Tour
How much is Stuttgart Private Walking Tour?
Stuttgart Private Walking Tour price starts from $226.21. Discover and book Stuttgart Private Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Stuttgart Private Walking Tour cancellation policy?
Stuttgart Private Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Stuttgart Private Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Stuttgart Private Walking Tour?
Stuttgart Private Walking Tour is hosted by Global Guide Services. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Global Guide Services on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Stuttgart Private Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Stuttgart Private Walking Tour?
On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Stuttgart Private Walking Tour on Tripadvisor