After your visit of Claude Monet’s home and gardens you’ll stop at his tomb to pay your respects to this great man in person. Afterwards, you’ll be off to visit the town of Auvers-sur-Oise where you’ll focus on the troubled life and amazing Post Impressionist art of Vincent Van Gogh. You’ll visit the boarding house where Vincent lived the last 3 months of his life.
Then you’ll explore the little town, and surrounding area which inspired 77 of his paintings. You’ll visit the gothic “Church of Auvers” and walk in the actual “Wheat Field with Crows”. Seeing these places with your own eyes will help you to understand why Vincent Van Gogh found so much inspiration in Auvers-sur-Oise. You’ll also visit Van Gogh’s final resting place; a humble ivy covered grave site.
• Small-group tour : 8 people max !
• Monet’s Water Lilies: See the beautiful pond full of water lilies and cross the little green, Japanese style, bridge that are featured in thousands of Monet’s paintings.
• Monet’s Flower Garden: Wander through the lovely Clos Normand flower garden where a hundred different flowers are in bloom
• Monet’s Home: Enjoy free time to visit Monet’s home of more than 40 years where he raised his 8 children and put the final touches on his paintings.
• Monet’s Tomb: Visit the final resting place of Claude Monet that is hidden away in a little church’s graveyard.
• Van Gogh’s room: Discover how Vincent Van Gogh’s lived and spent his last days in the boarding house: Auberge Ravoux.
• Walk in Van Gogh’s footsteps: Follow the Artists trail that leads from “The Stairs in Auvers” to the “Wheat Field with Crows”, stopping along the way to see “The Church in Auvers” and many more of the sites that inspired his final paintings.
• Van Gogh’s Tomb: Pay your respects to Vincent Van Gogh at his humble gravesite that is covered in ivy.
• Return transport from Paris by A/C minivan