By Benjamin Vayssières
We will meet the winegrowers and emblematic landscapes of the famous Sauternes region, where all the great wines classified as sweet from the 1855 classification appear. We will visit a cooperage in the morning at Château Smith Haut Lafitte to understand how we make a barrel in which the winemakers raise their wines. After having restored, we will go to two prestigious Châteaux in grand classified growths of Sauternes. During our trips I will show you unusual places in this region and tell you some of its secrets. During our visits you will be received by the winemakers themselves or their teams who will share their history and their know-how. Of course, you will not miss the traditional tastings. At the end of this day, you will have discovered the culture, the gastronomy, the monuments and the landscapes of this French heritage.
per group (up to 6)
per group (up to 6)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 8–9 hours
Start time: Check availability
Portuguese, English, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- The tour does not include midday catering or entry to the castles
- Entry/Admission - Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte
- Entry/Admission - Chateau Sigalas Rabaud
- Entry/Admission - Châteauform' Château de Suduiraut
- Departure details
- Place de la Bourse, Pl. de la Bourse, 33000 Bordeaux, France
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 237434P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Discovering Sauternes?
- Discovering Sauternes price starts from $546.77. Discover and book Discovering Sauternes on Tripadvisor
- What is the Discovering Sauternes cancellation policy?
- Discovering Sauternes cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Discovering Sauternes on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Discovering Sauternes?
- Discovering Sauternes is hosted by Benjamin Vayssières. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Benjamin Vayssières on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Discovering Sauternes on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Discovering Sauternes?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 8h. Discover and book Discovering Sauternes on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 237434P2
- You'll start atPlace de la BoursePl. de la Bourse, 33000 Bordeaux, FranceSee address & details
- 1Chateau Smith Haut LafitteStop: 90 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Chateau Sigalas RabaudStop: 90 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Chateauform' Chateau de SuduirautStop: 90 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point