Visit: La Foret des Singes, 46500 Rocamadour France
‘La Forêt des Singes’ is home to 150 Barbary macaques (also known as Magots). Step inside the reserve and enjoy privileged insight into this fascinating animal society living in conditions similar to the wild. Learn all about the monkeys’ social life as you stroll in their midst.
The beauty of the setting aside, you will immediately be struck by the well-being of the animals. And how could it be otherwise? After all, at ‘La Forêt des Singes’ the animals are king. Vast areas are provided to ensure the monkeys’ peace and quiet. Their diet is well balanced, they are safe from predators and can roam freely.
‘LA FORÊT DES SINGES’, A RESEARCH CENTER.
Scientists have been studying the social behaviour of the highly evolved Barbary macaque since 1974.Our guides will be happy to share the results of these studies with you and provide you with first hand information.
COMMITTED TO CONSERVING THE SPECIES
‘La Forêt des Singes’ is actively involved in the preservation of the Barbary macaque, a threatened species, by:
• raising public awareness about the threats to the species
• reintroducing entire groups to their original habitats
• sponsoring Barbary macaque conservation associations and conducting ethological research
A EUROPEAN VENTURE
‘La Forêt des Singes’ opened in Rocamadour in 1974. Together with the following 3 parks it forms a group sharing the same concept:
• La Montagne des Singes (France) founded in 1969,
• Affenberg Salem (Germany) ) founded in 1976,
• Trentham Monkey Forest (England) founded in 2005.