Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
per group (up to 3)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
If you love to immerse yourself in beautiful scenery and prefer a personalized private tour, then come and join me for a day trip on the magnificent West Coast of Ireland. Let it be a journey to rest your mind and nourish your soul. This tour lasts 8-10 hours, and can be modified to meet your needs as you wish. Scenic walks or hikes ranging from 5 to 14 kilometers can be included if you prefer walking to driving. If you wish to enhance your visual experience while on the journey, there is an option to listen to the haunting contemporary Irish music by Seán Ó Riada, Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin, Patrick Cassidy and many more. I’m driving a Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid 2017, with very comfortable seating for up to three people. I can stop any time at your request.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Cliffs of MoherStop: 2 hours - Admission includedI will pick you up at 10 am and we will drive through a romantic sea port village named Kinvarra and head towards the famous Burren – a vast limestone plateau formed 320 million years ago. Here you will find Alpine, Arctic and Mediterranean plants growing side-by- side. Soon after we leave Kinvarra, you will see the hills of Burren be amazed by this very unique and unusual landscape. Our first stop will be the Flaggy Shore, a beautiful road with limestone pavements and sculptured rocks along the shores of Galway Bay, with white Burren hills as a backdrop. On a fine day you can even spot the Connemara mountain peaks across the bay. Our journey continues through the harbour village of Ballyvaughan and takes us to the megalithic Poulnabrone Dolmen, situated on one of the highest points of the Burren. We will stop here and take a short walk to this world famous Dolmen. Just a short drive from Poulnabrone is Caherconnell Fort, built in the 10th Century. This is one of the best preserved stone forts in the Burren. After a short walk on the grounds we can enjoy some food and refreshments in the Mountain Haven Cafe. Our next target is Corkscrew Hill, a steep and winding road with spectacular views of the ocean and mountains. After a short stop at the viewing point we head for a hill named Slieve Elva and drive along the winding road almost to the summit. On a clear day, driving from here down towards the ocean and the Wild Atlantic Way near Fanore is very eye-pleasing for sure. Back on the main coastal road, we continue our journey to the Cliffs of Moher. This natural wonder, towering 214 meters above the ocean and stretching eight kilometers along the coast, will take your breath away. Take your time to explore this unique area by walking on the winding trails and pathways along the towering cliffs. Afterwards, we will visit the award winning visitor center with its graphic displays, gift shops and restaurants. We could have a lunch here or on the way back in the rustic Monks Restaurant near Ballyvaughan, in the heart of the Burren. After a full day of grand views and lots of beauty, I hope you will still have some space left in your “beauty storage” as we drive back to Galway along the Wild Atlantic Way. On a fine day it is magical, as the white hills of the Burren turn pink at sunset. As we drive along the winding coast, you’ll have these pink hills on your right and rolling waves of turquoise blue waters on your left – a sight to remember and cherish!Read more
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Cliffs of Moher
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
If you love nature and would like to see the most scenic places in Ireland but don't fancy the crowded "off-the-shelf" tours, pick Ulla as your tour guide and let her drive you to Cliffs of Moher, The Connemara National Park and further. She is very knowledgeable about the…
Date of experience: April 2019
Response from Ulla J, Owner at The Burren and Cliffs of Moher Full Day Private Tour
Responded Feb 5, 2020
Thank you for your kind words, Liis! There is still so much to see and explore here in Ireland. And yet we didn't spot any leprechauns. They've asked me to convince you to come back:)
I have used Ulla’s help twice to discover Ireland. It has been a wonderful opportunity to drive through this beautiful and historical country in a comfortable car and with a great guide as I didn’t have to worry about left-hand traffic or that I could miss out some interesting…
Date of experience: October 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
By: Journeys with Ulla
Absolutely the best day I had while visiting Ireland!!
I had such a wonderful time with Ulla, first of all she has such a beautiful personality with good sense of humor a…
'Go to Connemara!' is my ultimate advice to anyone who is planning to visit Ireland. The whole trip was so beautifu…
Achill Island - magic!
Omg! Journey out of this world. I felt like I was on a different planet. I highly recommend and I'm already thinkin…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 28,706 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 10,547 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about The Burren and Cliffs of Moher Full Day Private Tour
- The Burren and Cliffs of Moher Full Day Private Tour will start at 10:00 AM. Discover and book The Burren and Cliffs of Moher Full Day Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book The Burren and Cliffs of Moher Full Day Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- The Burren and Cliffs of Moher Full Day Private Tour price starts from $526.26. Discover and book The Burren and Cliffs of Moher Full Day Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- The Burren and Cliffs of Moher Full Day Private Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book The Burren and Cliffs of Moher Full Day Private Tour on Tripadvisor