The backpackers trail to Elephant Spine – Knuckles
By Sri Lanka Day Tours
The Knuckles Mountain Range is a vitally important conservation area, recognised as a National Heritage and Wilderness Area by UNESCO. A great addition to your list of “things to do in Kandy”. Backpacking in Knuckles, is to experience every forest range type found in Sri Lanka, travelling from 250 to 4,000 feet above sea level. This trekking trail will mean experiencing different climatic zones - unique to the Knuckles Mountain Range and it's a magical trail to do bird watching as well. This wonderful range covers almost every forest type found in Sri Lanka at elevations ranging between 250 and 4,000 feet. A walk through the Pitawala Pathana – the island’s largest dry pathana plains – will let you glimpse the 1,500ft sheer drop to the Puwakpitiya valley below. Fantastic, moderate treks which will help you burn your extra calories gained during your holiday.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Local lunch
- Bottled water
- Entry fees
- Service of local guide
- Transportation to and from location
- Tip to staff
- Departure details
- Thelgamu Oya, Sri Lanka Thelgamuoya Forest office
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 54366P20
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is The backpackers trail to Elephant Spine – Knuckles?
- The backpackers trail to Elephant Spine – Knuckles price starts from $88.00. Discover and book The backpackers trail to Elephant Spine – Knuckles on Tripadvisor
- What is the The backpackers trail to Elephant Spine – Knuckles cancellation policy?
- The backpackers trail to Elephant Spine – Knuckles cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book The backpackers trail to Elephant Spine – Knuckles on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides The backpackers trail to Elephant Spine – Knuckles?
- The backpackers trail to Elephant Spine – Knuckles is hosted by Sri Lanka Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sri Lanka Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book The backpackers trail to Elephant Spine – Knuckles on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 54366P20
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
12 days Sri Lanka tour with Upul
My husband and I have unexpectedly decided to spend our vacation in Sri Lanka. One of our friends who had previousl…
Wonderful memories and excellent trip to Sri Lanka with the best local guide
We’ve recently spent 10 wonderful days with the best guide and driver in Sri Lanka, WASANTHA SILVA ( 0094 716 054…
Touring around Sri Lanka (with a 6yr old!)
We’ve just come back from Sri Lanka, spending 16 wonderful days enjoying the amazing life and sights that this beau…
A wonderful experience
A wonderful way of seeing Sri Lanka you get there in the Dark and watch the Ballon been inflated and take off as th…
Secred city of Anuradhapura
" pilgrimage to anuradhapura atamasthana tells about our ancient heritage.pilgrimage to anuradhapura is a must to l…
It was good. Recommended!
I did 3 times trip around Sri Lanka. Each time 2-3 days visiting Candy, Sigiria, Nuara Elia, safari etc. Each time …
Friendly, hassle free & safe experience driving around Sri Lanka
I wanted to come by and drop a review for our lovely tour guide and driver Mr Nihal Wijesooriya.. he was patient & …
we went today madolduwa small iland around with boat . That's superb experience ., boat travel and jungle work out…
I love this Day Tour planner
I love this trip a lot because my newly married wife never seen elephants in a group. We visit first time to Sri La…
Best driver - Nisha through Lalith Chaminda
Me and my wife had our honeymoon at Sri Lanka this Feb. and one of the main things to help our vaccation be that mu…
Sri Lanka Holiday
Sri Lanka holiday Sri Lanka holiday By Suresh Rao We are a group of retired friends from Banngalore, fond of trave…
It is important to find a comfortable car with guide/ driver who is not in a hurry to complete the tour,The driver/…
Ride from Weligama to the Airport
Great guy who knows a lot! we had a very good and exciting 3 hour drive to the airport. We talkd about politics an…
Holidays in Sri Lanka
During our vacation in Sri Lanka, we spent 5 days with Wasantha as a driver. He made us discover beautiful places e…
We went on a couple trip for the first time to Sri-Lanka. After several discussions we decided to leave with Wasan…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Had a fantastic hike arranged, good communication throughout planning stages and leading up to the trek and easy online payment. We were collected by driver and guide (good safe driving, with tea stop!) and brought to the hike starting point. Our guide was excelllent and gave lots of explanations on the wildlife/ecosystems and history of the area we were travelling through and throughout the hike, pointing out different bird calls, insects/crabs etc. Hike was a good, moderate difficulty (bring lots of water!) with amazing views along the way and from the top. Lunch in the village afterwards was really delicious and a nice way to finish the hike. Highly reccomended!
Written October 30, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
We are overwhelmed to read your amazing review. Thank you for your encouraging and supportive comments! It is heartwarming to read about your experience during your stay with us. It makes all our hard work and effort worthwhile. We hope we will have the pleasure of greeting you again.
Written November 25, 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.