per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 4–12 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Brewery tour
- Entry/Admission - The SNUG
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick ups from Inverness, Elgin, Pitlochry , Fort William Larger groups up to 7 people can be accommodated on request
- Inverness Airport, Inverness Scotland
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 192414P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Cairngorm National Park tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Cairngorm National Park tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Cairngorm National Park tour?
- Private Cairngorm National Park tour price starts from $405.68. Discover and book Private Cairngorm National Park tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Cairngorm National Park tour cancellation policy?
- Private Cairngorm National Park tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Cairngorm National Park tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Cairngorm National Park tour?
- Private Cairngorm National Park tour is hosted by GrandTours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact GrandTours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Cairngorm National Park tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 192414P2
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Highland Folk MuseumStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2Ruthven BarracksStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Loch MorlichStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 4Cairngorm MountainStop: 45 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in September 2019
#1 of 46 Transportation in Inverness
- leoniemh00Clava CairnsThis is an amazing site to visit. It must have taken the people who built them a long time because some of the stones are very large. This is a must for all ages. Easy walking.
- JKHiggison00Wonderful day in Skye!We had a wonderful day with Carole. We were in Scotland for my father's birthday and she made sure we saw everything we wanted during our single day in Skye, plus brought us to a great local restaurant for lunch!
- RangeRon7800All We Hoped And More!!Our private Isle of Skye tour out of Fort William with Callum was all we hoped for and more than we could have imagined. Like the prior reviewer, we were on a group tour that included a ferry crossing from Mallaig and then a very brief drive in just the southern part of Skye; it didn't include the iconic sights I most wanted to see. My wife encouraged me to search for a private tour and Gordon, the owner of Grand Tours of Scotland, was extraordinarily helpful and responsive in scheduling one for us even though he personally already was booked with someone else on the day that worked with our group tour schedule. I had confidence in his selection of just the right person to take us and it was the best decision we could have made. Callum immediately noticed I had my Nikon DSLR camera and deduced, correctly, that I was looking for amazing photo opportunities. From that point on, his primary motivation seemed to be making sure we got to enjoy as much as we possibly could of his beloved Isle of Skye. And, boy, did we! Almost as much as that, though, we felt we made a great friend with whom we had much in common. We truly regretted parting at the end of our wonderful day with him. We will book tours through Grand Tours of Scotland and ask Gordon to schedule Callum with us on our future trips to Scotland -- and there WILL be future trips to Scotland!!
- a1nJen00Fantastic Day with JimWe had an absolutely fantastic day with Jim. We toured through the highlands. He took us to Tain as I wanted to visit my family ancestry. The rest of the day we let Jim provide suggestions and take us to places that he thought we would enjoy. My travel tip is book a trip with Jim and let him do what he does best and show you Scotland. He knows the country better and take you to places less traveled. Our day with Jim was our favorite day in Scotland. He is fun and funny! He really listens to you and what you are trying to get out of vacation and find place that you will enjoy. He was on time, polite, fun, and owns a comfortable and clean Audi! If we ever return, we will hire Jim for the full trip!
- lhE9492PB00Wonderful Tour and Guide!A group of six needed a ride from Inverness to Edinburgh with a few stops in Cairngorms. Gordon was a delightful guide! The ride was perfect as well as our stops, including a brief hike. We can't say enough about Gordon--delightful, full of local and Scottish facts and lore, comfortable vehicle, flexible and accommodating, good conversationalist. He was also extremely responsive during the booking process. We'd book with him again. Gordon, thank you so much for making our Scotland trip so smooth!
- VicM00700Gordon was amazing !We booked Grandtours for 3 days. Gordon communicated with me months in advance and provided recommendations for distillery visits as well as made all reservations for distillery tours. He picked me and my family (4 people) in his spacious van from the Inverness airport. He drove us to all the distilleries (Glenlivet, Cardhu, GlenFarcis to name a few) and on the way gave us a wealth of information about Scotland. He also accommodated a last minute change and took us to see Loch Ness. Finally Samatha from his team drove us to Edinburgh Very patient, very helpful, just genuinely very nice ! Highly recommend !!!!
- patrickfX8805QE00Incredible scenery and guidanceMy wife and I had sort of an odd itinerary (ferry across from Mallaig for a day on Skye, then bus onwards to Inverness) and it seemed like a private tour would be the best option to make the most of our limited time on Skye. I had no idea how much we would enjoy the tour, though! Many of the group tours we've taken ferry your group to a number of places just to tick the boxes, but give you no real time there to experience the awe and beauty of a place, and Skye is far too beautiful of a place to leave that to chance. Because we started early (ferry arrived at 8:00), we had a full day with Callum, who accommodated even our off-the-beaten-path requests. Callum was incredibly knowledgable and seamlessly interwove history with local lore and, all grounded in his deep family roots in the area. To say he went above and beyond is an understatement. Thanks so much to him, and to Gordon for his professionalism in setting everything up!
- ScottsdaleReviewer00Simply The BestIf you're looking for a custom tour then look no further than Gordon at GrandTours! Gordon will with with you to create an itinerary that fits your needs precisely. Almost as important his vehicles are new and comfortable. And if you're one of those people that require prompt start times, know that he is the most prompt guide we've ever had the pleasure to work with--often times being 30-45 min early just to be safe. Gordon is just awesome!
- Jermagical00Best Scotland Tour GuideGordon took us on a fantastic tour of 4 Spyside distilleries with a lovely lunch. Gordon is fantastic, he is a great driver/guide with an extensive knowledge of the area and distilleries. We had a lot of fun with Gordon and would highly recommend booking him.
- S7762TBlauram00Amazing history and landscapes - Culloden to Isle of SkyeWe booked 2 full day tours with Gordon - the Culloden tour and the Skye tour. Both days were amazing! Gordon adapted the tours to suit our different interests and mobility limitations. We covered a lot of ground and hit the highlights and some hidden gems, from castles to distilleries to natural wonders. The entire area is absolutely beautiful. Gordon is extremely knowledgeable and a very kind guide.
- Y1270IElawrenceh00Drams in the HighlandsAmazing and well informed tour. Definitely helps when the guide is a local and knows the area. Would highly recommend.
- H7989ESjustinr00Great personalized whisky tourGordon wish a tremendous host and guide. He took great care and attention to every detail of our day! We loved the way that Gordon also included a few historical stops to complement the whisky tours. We highly recommend Gordon to anyone!!
- JFRAYBAE00Private tour with Gordon over-delivered and was outstandingGordon was absolutely fantastic from before the trip through to the end. We booked a 10.5 hour tour from Inverness to Isle of Skye. Before the tour, Gordon reached out days ahead to confirm pick-up and drop-off as well as understand our expectations of the day. He also shared local Inverness restaurants and when to reserve. The day-of the tour Gordon arrived early to our hotel and took us to a local bakery to start off the travel. For the entirety of the day Gordon was incredibly knowledgeable and personable, sharing vital information about the history of the journey as well as stopping along areas that are iconic as well as some off-the-beaten path. The roads were a bit narrow but Gordon was an incredibly safe driver, which was important since we were traveling with our young daughter. Given the uncertainty of Scotland weather, Gordon was incredibly flexible and offered up many different options and suggestions as back-up. The trip from Inverness to Skye was well worth the private tour with Gordon. I would recommend it to anyone and would also do it again myself.
- steelejen2700Grand Tours of Scotland - The Only Way to See Scotland Properly!Gordon at Grand Tours is Scotland's best ambassador! We spent 2 days with Gordon touring the Highlands, the Isle of Skye and the North Coast. It was nothing short of spectacular! We saw more in two days than we could ever have imagined. Gordon's easy going manner and wealth of knowledge of both history and local lore is what made this trip truly memorable. If you want to see the real heart and soul of Scotland, you need to see it through the eyes of a local like Gordon, who embodies the spirit and passion of this magical land.
- C3524EYstevenm00A proper personalised service!I had never been to the Highlands and I had never liked whisky, until spending one day with with Gordon. He had already taken my friends on a few distillery tours in the summer and upon learning I was not a whisky drinker, he imparted his wisdom on all things whisky and even suggested which ones I would like. He must of been right in his knowledge, as I walked away with two bottles of the stuff. Gordon also provided us with lunch and drive us back to our accommodation, a proper gent is all I can say.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Very professional, friendly and accurate.
Very professional, friend and accurate service.
Very professional, friend and accurate service.
Written September 12, 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thanks for your kind review, apologies for delay in response. Glad you enjoyed the day and the history, folklore and scenery Haste ye back
Written April 1, 2021
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Private Cairngorm National Park tour provided by GrandTours
Product Overview: Private Cairngorm National Park tour
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos