This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: George Square, George and St. Vincent Sts., Glasgow Scotland
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Glasgow and we will be drive through Scotlands beautiful Trossach National park where the lowlands meet the highlands before we arrive at our first location, Invereray. We will stop here for a refreshment break before driving into the Kilmartin Glen, which is home to over 800 prehistoric and historic sites.
• Achnabreck rock carvings - We will then visit the incredible Achnabreck rock carvings, which are to believed to be over 5000 years old. This is one of the finest examples of prehistoric rock art in Scotland. Spread over several outcrops, the carvings are extensive and complex, with spirals and massive multiple ring marks, some reaching over one meter across.
• Dunaad hill fort - We will then take the short drive to Dunadd Hill Fort, which was home to a fort 2,000 years ago and a royal power centre of Gaelic kings in the 500s to 800s AD. Enjoy the spectacular views from the rocky outcrop over the Moine Mhor and place your foot in the footsteps of the kings of Dal Riata.
• Kilmartin Glen - Kilmartin is our next destination where we can be inspired by the ancient burial cairns, stone circles and standing stones. The oldest monuments in the Glen are believed to be over 5000 years old and probably used for burial sites and other Neolithic practices.
• Kilchurn Castle - We will then drive north by the banks of Loch Awe and enjoy the breath-taking views of Kilchurn Castle, once the home of the mighty clan Campbell of Glenorchy. Kilchurn Castle was constructed in the mid-1400s, and it remained the base of the mighty Campbells for 150 years. After the first Jacobite Rising of 1689, Kilchurn was used as a garrison stronghold, but was abandoned by the end of the 1700s.
• The Drovers Inn - We will then enjoy a traditional Scottish meal in the famous Drovers Inn by the north shore of Loch Lomond.
Duration: 10 hours