per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- All tours can be changed to suit, just tell us what you would like.
- Start time to suit you, if scheduled times do not suit you, subject to availability.
- Tours can be private upon request and up to a maximum of 12.
- No drinks or snacks included in cost
- Aberdeen City Hotel Pick up £10 payable on the day in cash.
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We can pick up from any Aberdeen City Hotel. Maximum of seven passengers. First come, first served. £10 additional charge paid directly to tour guide.
- St. Machar's Cathedral, The Chanonry, Old Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB24 1RQ, UK .
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 91620P8
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour?
- Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour price starts from $59.89. Discover and book Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour cancellation policy?
- Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour?
- Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour is hosted by Time Exposure Travel Ltd. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Time Exposure Travel Ltd on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 91620P8
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atSt. Machar's CathedralOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1St Machar's CathedralStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2King's Museum - Old Town HouseStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 3Old AberdeenStop: 45 minutesSee details
- 4King's College ChapelStop: 15 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Time Exposure Travel Ltd
Joined in December 2018
#12 of 41 Tours & Activities in Aberdeen
- Ramesh R00Aberdeen Castle visitIt was amazing to see the fall colors and beautiful castle’s. Malcom was very knowledgeable and friendly. We had the option to do this trip to our pace Recommended and arranged a delicious lunch.
- chrysiveyg00Malcolm is the best tour guide ever.Malcolm, our tour guide was just the best. Knowledgeable, flexible and really helped us make the most of our tour in Aberdeenshire.
- Hiram W00Super Trip in AberdeenMalcolm was a great, knowledgeable tour guide. He was also flexible in changing what sights I wanted to see, even at the last minute. It was a super day exploring Scotland’s castles and local countryside.
- U3567QVsusans00A Tour of AberdeenshireWe loved our visit to Balmoral Castle, the Royal Distillary, and Dunnottar Castle. It was an exciting experience for me to walk the grounds near River Dee where the Royal Family barbecues annually. The Royal Ballroom offered photographs and paintings of the RF to view. Ghillies dresses and Highlanders garb worn by the RF were on display and a delight to take in and remember forever. Learning about the methods of whiskey distilling and tasting the product of Lochnagar Whiskey was unique. I especially liked the whiskey tasting. My favorite was the whiskey that had been encased in sherry casks. Castle Dunnottar was breathtaking and a physical challenge for me to descend and then ascend the 260 steps in order to navigate the ruins. It was just lovely! Our tour guide Malcolm was very knowledgeable about each of the places we visited and was a great assist the whole day. 😊
- garrycT7540WH00A great day in AberdeenshireWe had a fantastic day with Malcolm visiting the castles and the distillery and learning about Aberdeenshire as we drove around. Malcolm was great to travel with. He was happy to stop whenever we needed a photo taken. We would not hesitate to spend a day with him again if ever we return to Aberdeen.
- margaretpE8602SZ00Amazing day!Amazing day with Malcolm visiting 3 wonderful castles ! Distillery was very interesting and entertaining
- Emily F00The best way to see castles in the Aberdeen areaOur experience with Malcom was incredible. He picked us up from our hotel and took us to 3 castles that we got to choose in advance. He even showed us around Old Aberdeen and dropped us off in the city center an hour after our tour was supposed to have ended! He knows a lot about Scotland and Aberdeen’s history so it was really interesting hearing some of that. Doing a private guided tour I think is the easiest and most enjoyable way to see the castles in the Aberdeen area and I am going to recommend Malcom to anyone who is planning a visit! Thank you so much Malcom for such a memorable experience!!
- ErickC15100Malcom rocksMalcom just rocked. My wife and I do not drink so Malcolm adjusted the schedule so we could spend more times at various castles And he does photography as well so my wife was able to get some professional photos done as well
- HBobo2700Simply the best!Malcom was the best guide we could have asked for! He accommodated my request to go to a different castle than what was listed and was ever so kind. (He even got us some of his favorite Aberdeen comfort foods, which we loved!) Absolutely will be calling him up again when we next come out to Aberdeen.
- ScottP9712400An Extraordinary ExperienceMalcolm was fantastic! My husband and I both have Scottish ancestry and have talked of a trip to Scotland for a long time, so when we booked a rail tour of the country, I knew I wanted to go to Dunnottar Castle, my ancestral home. The tour operator didn't have an excursion available, so we booked a private day tour through Time Exposure Travel. The list of sights for the day was long, but Malcolm told us from the beginning that we could choose where to spend our time and we'd see everything we could. Taking us to the various locations is one thing, but Malcolm did so much more. He explained so much of the history and points of interest, and then allowed us to explore Dunnottar without rushing. A talented photographer, he sent us photos he had taken of us which were so much better than we could have taken ourselves. Malcolm encouraged us to take time to learn and experience everything we could. It was a major highlight of our trip and worth the modest cost. He then took us to other places in Aberdeenshire that we would not have seen otherwise, always adding historical information as we went. We didn't see everything on the proposed list, and that was OK. In the end, Malcolm made this day the experience of a lifetime. We are planning to return for another visit and expect to ask Malcolm to help us repeat the experience and see the rest of the sights in the area.
- roadtrip9900Wonderful Tour!Malcom was a fantastic tour guide. He was very knowledgeable and professional. Through genealogy research, our son found a connection to Drum Castle. We were able to tour it and go into the family room to sign the book. It was amazing! Malcom recommended a great local Inn for lunch and we throughly enjoyed everything about our tour. We highly recommend Malcom and will definitely book with him again to do a distillery tour on our next visit.
- BBbank00Worth every penny!!Malcolm did an excellent job in coming up with a fantastic experience in and around Aberdeen. In addition to many other historic attractions we visited Dunnottar Castle, Drum Castle as well as Crathes Castle. His van is new and an excellent way to get around. He even took us for coffee (our treat) before we started on our adventure. We never once felt rushed, which we have experienced with other tours. Oddly enough the very next day my wife and I wandered down a dead end street on the backroads of Balmoral the day after and ran in to Malcolm, who had another couple with him. We talked a while and he explained what a Scotish "dead end" looks like and directed us to a secret Castle not far from where we were. We could not recommend him more. Thank you Malcolm for a great time!
- 776ashleighg00Seeing as I was only 14 at the time, my dad was the one to take this photo and gave me a brief synopsis.Pub trivia knowledge and it's about a cat that did her job so well records still holds! she receives letters every single gear even though she's been gone since the late 80s and every Hillary has adopted or taking care of cuz either been placed with old from family of people that work at The distillery or they've needed homes through the rspca there has not been a bread cat that works there and yes I would consider couser working at a distillery.
- OntotheFuture00On CaminoWorth the entry fee £7.0 on a nice day. Plenty of spots to shelter behind if is windy or rain. Fascinating look back in history. I'd have liked to have lived here too. All those years back the occupants would look out of the windows and admire the very same view as you. No mobile phones, not even thought of in their wildest dreams. It's an easy walk either from Southport along the footpath or from the nearby carpark. Great views of the cliffs, sea birds, and the ocean activity.
- Shb87600The perfect day!We contacted Time Exposure Travel for a private tour that had to include Balmoral for a trip in early December. Easy to organize our own trip with a guide. Our guide Neil picked us up at the hotel and we had a fantastic trip into the Highlands, including castles, whiskey, amazing scenery and a very hearty and delicious lunch at a small farm cafe close to Balmoral. Great conversations, lots of history. Neil left us back at the hotel at 6 at night. This day really made our trip! We van absolutey recommend Time Exposure Travel.
I would like a little more information. We arrive Thursday, Sept. 19 and have full day Friday, Sept. 20 for a tour (2 adults) I want a good overview of Aberdeen and see the highlights as well as the architecture and history. Do you have someone to do a good private tour or would this tour meet our needs. My daughter is now working in Aberdeen and we are coming to see her. We have about 4-6 hours on Friday early.
Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour provided by Time Exposure Travel Ltd
Product Overview: Aberdeen Historical Walking Tour
Number of Photos