This is the perfect tour for die-hard Doctor Who fans! Starting in the morning with the Doctor Who Walking Tour of Cardiff which takes in Cardiff's National Museum, City Centre, and Castle after a brief stop for lunch (where you will also be able to explore Cardiff Castle) we will then travel to the filming locations of Farringham Village, Leadworth, and Bad Wolf Bay before finishing in Cardiff Bay. Whilst exploring these filming locations you will uncover the history and importance of the filming locations that you are visiting, how these locations were used in various episodes, how filming was managed, and even some behind the scenes secrets! During the tour, we will visit the famous Bad Wolf Bay, which is approximately an hour's drive from Cardiff. Because of the tide, we will require some flexibility in the itinerary in order to travel to and from Bad Wolf Bay, but all our planned locations will be visited during the tour.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Experienced Guide
- Lunch and any other refreshments purchased during the tour are not included in the cost of this tour.
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We can pick clients up from any location within Cardiff city centre, including Cardiff Bay.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 192133P18
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Doctor Who Tour of Cardiff and South Wales?
- How much is Private Doctor Who Tour of Cardiff and South Wales?
- Private Doctor Who Tour of Cardiff and South Wales price starts from $380.34. Discover and book Private Doctor Who Tour of Cardiff and South Wales on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Doctor Who Tour of Cardiff and South Wales cancellation policy?
- Private Doctor Who Tour of Cardiff and South Wales cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Doctor Who Tour of Cardiff and South Wales on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Doctor Who Tour of Cardiff and South Wales?
- Private Doctor Who Tour of Cardiff and South Wales is hosted by Tours Of The UK. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tours Of The UK on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Doctor Who Tour of Cardiff and South Wales on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 192133P18
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Cardiff BayStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Wales Millennium CentreStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 3Ianto's ShrineStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 4SeneddStop: 20 minutesSee detailsPass byRoald Dahl Plass
- 5Portland HouseStop: 10 minutesSee detailsPass byThe Coal Exchange Hotel
- 6St Fagans National Museum of HistoryStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 7SoutherndownStop: 45 minutesSee details
- 8Llandaff CathedralStop: 30 minutesSee detailsPass byCardiff
- 9National Museum CardiffStop: 80 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Tours Of The UK
Joined in August 2019
#202 of 1,850 Tours & Activities in London
- Ken P00Wonderful Day in Cardiff!Our private day tour with Dewi was unsurpassed! We had the best time-we learned so much, and we now share Dewi’s love of Cardiff and Wales!! We highly recommend this tour- and please give Dewi hug for us.. Best regards! Mary and Joe
- X455NMlaurap00Thank You Dewi!!!Oh, our absolutely goodness!!! What an AMAZING day touring with Dewi!!! He was prompt on pickup, took us EVERYWHERE… was a wealth of knowledge, funny, accommodating, and so incredibly nice!!! If he didn’t know the exact answer to a question, he immediately referenced if on his smart phone!!! We ABSOLUTELY loved our time with him!!! We highly recommend this tour… ours was a FULL day…. Thank you, Dewi for hosting us!!! Much love from the USA- California and Colorado in particular!!! Xoxox Ken and Laurie Mary and Joe
- anitadD2230TZ00Spend a lovely day with Bill!Michael was our guide extraordinaire! He was friendly, charming & informative. His knowledge of the area was interesting and extensive. He took us to a delightful place for lunch (Hobsons) and gave us plenty of time to shop at the locations we visited. Scott drove our taxi and he was wonderful as well. I would highly recommend Michael's expertise to anyone wanting to visit Stratford-upon-Avon!
- KingBooScaresYou00Amazing day at HighclereTreated my mum who is a huge Downton Abbey fan to a day trip seeing all the sites and we had a wonderful time! Our guide Dewi seemed to know everything there is to know about Downton and we had an awesome time being shown around the filming locations! Highclere castle (Downton Abbey) was a lovely place to visit and I would recommend this tour and specifically Dewi to anyone!!
- Rebecca R00Shakespeare at our own paceMichael was very knowledgeable and friendly, and he set the pace to accommodate my disability. He and our driver, Scott, were excellent.
- scouller00Fabulous tour of CardiffI did a wonderful half day walking tour of Cardiff with Dewi who was an absolutely fabulous guide with so much knowledge of Cardiff. I learnt a lot about Cardiff and Wales which I would never have been aware of unless I did this tour. Thanks Dewi.
- Mitchell G00The Heart of CardiffDavid (Dewi) was very personable and entertaining. He shared a wealth of knowledge re the history, culture, and people of Cardiff and Wales. We enjoyed the entire tour and learned so much. We would recommend him to any of our friends who follow in our footsteps.
- Y7772OWmarkt00The Man, The Legend, The DewiOur guide, Dewi, was incredible. The level of detailed history that he gave us at historic churches and beautiful castles was amazing. He showed us hidden gems that the “podcast” tour wouldn’t have given us. He recommended an amazing restaurant for lunch. Then we asked him for some important places for my daughter who is moving here for university. He showed us the market, shops, and great restaurants and pubs!
- Roving6427962702900Absolutely amazingOur tour guide (Dewi) was amazing. He was so fun and knew so much about the area. He catered the tour to what we were interested in knowing and doing.
- Dena T00An amazing day in Cardiff with Dewi .My family and I had the most amazing day with our tour guide Dewi. He was not only informative but personable. He really made our experience amazing in every way.
- Wander67496900A Must Tour With DewiWhat an amazing time we had visiting Highclere Castle and Stonehenge and all was made possible by our fabulous tour guide Dewi Evans. It was like having one of your friends take you out for the day. He was full of knowledge and humor which together made for a perfect day.
- justinhW9724CE00Having a personal guide was so much better than being in a group.Michael was very knowledgeable, best time to get to the changing of the guards, best place to stand to get the best view. At Windsor Castle he knew the best way to get round and spoke about the history behind the paintings.
- cathybT8683HZ00Great day, loved itGreat time w the trip advisors guide and driver. Our guide knew the ins and outs to help us manage the general crowds well w little delay and best picture locations etc Our driver was prompt, courteous, and brought us umbrellas when it started to rain. His cab was neat and clean.
- FarAway51994100“Be not afraid of greatness”What an experience, Dewi takes you back in time and paints a picture through passion and his humour adds to the experience. The 2 of us had a ball and if we could we’d give Dewi 10 Stars.
- Go75664300Wonderful day in London!!Michael was very knowledgeable about all things Bond (and a bit about the Beatles too!!) Very engaging !! Would recommend to Bond fans everywhere. We had a great time!!
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
Private Doctor Who Tour of Cardiff and South Wales provided by Tours Of The UK
Product Overview: Private Doctor Who Tour of Cardiff and South Wales
Number of Photos