per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Donation for entry to the house of John Wesley
- Entry/Admission - Wesley's Chapel & Museum of Methodism
- Entry/Admission - St. Giles Cripplegate
- Entry/Admission - St Botolphs Aldersgate
- Entry/Admission - Postman's Park
- Entry/Admission - St Alphage Garden with ruins of St Alphage Church
- Entry/Admission - Bunhill Fields
- Entry/Admission - The Charterhouse
- Entry/Admission - Wesley's Chapel & Museum of Methodism
- Transport to and from the tour.
- Entry/Admission - St. Paul's Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - London
- Entry/Admission - Church of St. Bartholomew the Great
- Entry/Admission - London
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We can meet you at any Central London hotel, not just those listed here. We;d then go off by Tube to the tour starting point.
- Panyer Alley, London EC2V 6AA, UK We can meet you at your hotel or at the starting point which outside the Caffe Nero by the exit of St Pauls Underground Station
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Museum of Methodism, 49 City Rd, London EC1Y 1AU, UK
- 100 City Rd, London EC1Y 8AF, UK
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8607P61
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- We have earmarked this tour as especially safe during the Coronavirus outbreak due to generally quiet places that we visit where social distancing is generally not a problem. All of our tours are private so it is just you/your family and your guide. To make it easier and safer for all concerned we would suggest starting this tour a little later than the usual time, perhaps around 10.30-11am which allows us all to miss rush-hour. We are happy to still come to your hotel to meet you but for the moment we would suggest meeting us at the tour starting point. This allows you to arrive by a taxi or uber rather than public transport. Please feel free to wear masks throughout or at times during the tour. Your guide will also have a mask with them.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with John Wesley Methodist Private Walking Tour Of London?
- How much is John Wesley Methodist Private Walking Tour Of London?
- John Wesley Methodist Private Walking Tour Of London price starts from $177.49. Discover and book John Wesley Methodist Private Walking Tour Of London on Tripadvisor
- What is the John Wesley Methodist Private Walking Tour Of London cancellation policy?
- John Wesley Methodist Private Walking Tour Of London cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book John Wesley Methodist Private Walking Tour Of London on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides John Wesley Methodist Private Walking Tour Of London?
- John Wesley Methodist Private Walking Tour Of London is hosted by Ye Olde England Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Ye Olde England Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book John Wesley Methodist Private Walking Tour Of London on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8607P61
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atPanyer AlleyOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Wesley's Chapel & Museum of MethodismStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Finsbury SquareStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 3St. Giles CripplegateStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Threadneedle StreetStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 5St. Paul's CathedralStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 6St Botolphs AldersgateStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 7Postman's ParkStop: 5 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 8Little BritainStop: 5 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 9WIlliam Wallace MemorialStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 10Great Rising of 1381 MemorialStop: 10 minutesSee details
See 6 more stops
About the operator
Ye Olde England Tours
Joined in July 2013
#120 of 1,846 Tours & Activities in London
- Q8218VFbrianm00Knights Templars, Crusaders & Freemasons Tour, LondonAn excellent Tour. Stephen, the Tour Guide has a wealth of historical knowledge in the city of London, and knows the city like the back of his hand, and took us to places well off the tourist beaten track. Although our interest was mainly the Knights Templars, Stephen also informed us of many other fascinating historical facts. Furthermore, as we found it all so interesting the normal 3 hour Tour took nearly 4 hours and we were never rushed; and in fact the end of the Tour was determined by our agenda, rather than his. Highly recommended, and good value for money.
- T6648HQbrianl00Superb visitI recently took a friend from the US to the RAF Museum as we hadn't been for many years and opted for a private tour. Well worth the money as you get a very detailed talk as well as some fantastic insights. There have been many changes since I last visited including opening up of the Sunderland Flying boat and the recovered Halifax bomber. Well worth a visit.
- 958SteveL00Enjoyable AdventureStephen was a fountain of information and actually wrote the book on the secret gardens we visited. Meet us at our hotel and walked with us to the underground, to get us to the start of the tour. Weaving through the city of London to gardens that the average tourist would never know existed. What a great time we had. Thank you Stephen
- gailm5700London History and Pub TourFantastic tour. Stephen is an amazing guide. It’s not just a Pub tour but a tour that provides interesting historical information. Stephen is an entertaining guy and we enjoyed every moment of our tour. A great way to spend a day.
- DBar9700Great tour and awesome guideStephen Liddell is an amazing tour guide. We covered a ton of ground in England and learned all about the history along the way. We look forward to coming back and doing another one of his tours.
- mjs777900Historical Pub Tour is a must do!The Historic Pub Tour is highly recommended. Such a great way to get away from the usual touristy stuff. Stephen is a fantastic guide, very knowledgeable, engaging, generous and personable. This private tour (that’s right, a private tour so no large groups, or a guide yelling their boring script or wearing dodgy audio sets!) took us off the tourist tracks and showed us an interesting and intriguing history of London, stopping at numerous authentic historical pubs and enjoying a drink at each one (the drinks were included in the price). Conversation easily flowed with Stephen. We enjoyed his stories and the way he shared his knowledge. He is a passionate guide who wants to give you a great experience. This tour was exactly what we were looking for and we can’t recommend it enough.
- D5330ZZmichaelb00Dickens would have loved it.Our guide, Kevin, was THE BEST, knew his stuff. Met us right on time at our hotel and the tour started immediately. Down alleys, through parks, in and out of pubs. If you're a Dickens fan do not miss this tour.
- Olga W00Private tour of Mayfair and BelgraviaGreat time with Kevin touring Mayfair and Belgravia! 12,000 steps in and a lot of information. Highly recommend for everyone who wants to know hidden history of London and its areas.
- E5038RLwendyt00The Churchill Tour - a MUST!Our guide, Kevin, was amazing. He was incredibly knowledgeable and led us to so many interesting and out-of-the-way Churchill haunts! The tour was fun and informative and we would definitely recommend it.
- davehenkecedarburg00Wonderful mix of history and natural beauty.Wonderful mix of history and natural beauty set in London. Small churchyards, a hidden crypt, to to Rooftop garden at 120. Well paced walking tour. Stephen has an excellent command of history and local lore. We will return soon for the pub tour! Thanks again, Dave and Diane
- Stjohncomment00Great Tour and Amazing Guide!Our first activity on our very first visit to London - we traveled as a family and everyone loved this tour. So much info on the Sherlock Holmes saga - both past and more recent. Our guide, Kevin, was absolutely the best. He was kind, helpful, supremely knowledgeable! He pointed out so much that was nearby our walking path and helped us become familiar with the tube. Based upon information he shared, we went back to several places over the span of our visit. Kevin obviously loves what he does and it was clear that his top priority was to make our experience a great one!
- E8245SPsusanf00Simply an Amazing Tour Experience - Book NowWe had an amazing private walking tour with our guide, Stephen. Stephen was punctual at our hotel as agreed upon via text the day before. He is a very friendly, genuine and authentic person. His extensive breadth of knowledge of sites that we visited was impressive. I asked many questions and he managed to answer all of them. Stephen was very patient and stepped up to the task of letting my tween see and pet some horses. I would absolutely recommend this company. I look forward to taking more tours in the future.
- tsecoadventures00At the heart of things but off the beaten path - truly the best way to see London!Seriously the most cool walking tour available in London. No tourists. Just you, Stephen and the an insiders view at some of the most overlooked places with the most amazing pieces of London history: the place where William Wallace (of Braveheart fame) was drawn and quartered, the Templar church (yes, those of the Crusades), the bar where Stalin and Lenin argued (naturally just a few steps from the Karl Marx institute), the Old Bailey, the houses Dickens used as inspiration for Bleak House and Scrooge (and where the boy bought the Christmas goose), the Priory of St John (yes! the ambulance guys to this day!) and so very much more. It is an amazing trip through history and the personalities and proclivities that shaped it. Very much off the beaten tourist path. Highly recommend!
- tsecoadventures00Hidden Treasure on this Amazing Tour of the City of LondonThis was one of the best walking tours we've ever taken! Roman walls, secret gardens, bombing sites reclaimed by nature, wonderful new buildings framed by the ancients, private odes to unsung heroes, London haunts of those who left to become American icons...these are just the few of the treasures of this magnificent, private and serene walking tour that Stephen Liddell offers in the City of London. Strongly recommended.
- 463rosyb00Cultural London TourSuch an interesting, insightful tour of hidden gardens of London. Stephen, our guide is a font of immense knowledge on all things historical and made the 3 hours spent so interesting and fun. I'd highly recommend any of his tours.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Dec 2019 • Couples
Kevin met us at our hotel and helped us navigate the tube system for the first time! He is a wealth of information and knew the best shortcuts to find significant Wesley sites. We took in a few “on the way” attractions including the Roman Wall and a rooftop view of London near St Paul’s. None of our questions were treated as inappropriate and were answered with a smile. The site’s were important but Kevin made the tour special. We highly recommend this company and Kevin for tour’s!
Written December 4, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Kevin was so happy to learn that you enjoyed our tour and he very much enjoyed his time with your both. We only created the John Wesley Methodist Tour last year as we thought there were so many interesting locations and it is good to hear that you found them as good as we do. Thanks for your kind review.
Written March 3, 2020
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
John Wesley Methodist Private Walking Tour Of London provided by Ye Olde England Tours
Product Overview: John Wesley Methodist Private Walking Tour Of London
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos