Enjoy touring without the crowds with your very own exclusive private tour of North Wales. If you are here on a time precious visit, then this tour will help you capture the very best of the region. Your tour is operated by a local professional driver guide who lives in the area. (We don't subcontract to outside driver guides). During your tour we will introduce you to the unique culture of Wales, it's amazing history and some of the best scenery in the country. During the tour we make visits to the medieval walled town of Conwy, visit the town with the longest name in Wales and Britain, Caernarfon Castle for a photo stop, tour through the Snowdonia National Park glacial valleys with lakes and the stunning mountain passes. We also stop off at Swallow Falls (entrance £2 per person) and visit the pretty Welsh village of Betws-y-Coed and the riverside town of Llanwrst. We are flexible to provide a custom designed tour based on the duration booked and the agreed pick up locations.
per group (up to 2)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Complimentary Ordnance Survey Touring Map in full colour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Entrance fees to any attractions
- Lunch or Snacks
- Entry/Admission - Swallow Falls
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- All our tours operate on a private basis and we pick up from all accommodation in the Chester, and Liverpool areas. Supplements may apply for other pick up locations
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Liverpool England
- Cruise Liverpool, Cruise Terminal, Gate, 2 Princes Parade, Liverpool L3 1DL, UK
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 15957P10
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester on Tripadvisor
- How much is Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester?
- Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester price starts from $772.73. Discover and book Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester on Tripadvisor
- What is the Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester cancellation policy?
- Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester?
- Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester is hosted by Boutique Tours of Wales. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Boutique Tours of Wales on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 15957P10
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1ConwyStop: 45 minutesSee details
- 2Llanfairpwll Railway StationStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 3Menai Suspension BridgeStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 4Caernarfon CastleStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5LlanberisStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 6Llanberis Slate QuarryStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 7Nant GwynantStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 8Capel CurigStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 9Swallow FallsStop: 30 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 10Betws-y-CoedStop: 30 minutesSee details
See 1 more stop
About the operator
Boutique Tours of Wales
Joined in July 2013
#1 of 21 Tours & Activities in Llandudno
- Roam490190221640010 days in Wales.10 days in Wales. There is so much to see and do...castles, beautiful vistas down very narrow roads and lots of sheep!! We were in the capable hands of John, our guide, who knows all sorts of facts, stories and antedotes. Well worth doing!
- Bonsw00Ten glorious days in WalesWhat a wonderful 10 day excursion in Wales. We had the most amazing experience from the mountains in Snowdonia to the coastlines. John was able to secure wonderful restaurants and access to fascinating historical sites. It is obvious that John is passionate about the Welsh history and culture. We are now huge fans as well. It is unlikely we would have explored under ground coal mines, Red Kite sitings and the seaside vistas on backroads without this specialized tour. I highly recommend this tour. Grab the time while you can.
- lynaer94600Wild WalesThis was our third trip to Wales and second tour with John. We had such a wonderful time enjoying the scenery through rural imagery on backroads to crashing waves on the ragged cliffs off Anglesey Island. He is great with his information on historic sites and really adapts to our interests as the day progresses. I just can't imagine knowing Wales without John's knowledge, experiences and care. We truly love Wales more every visit we make. Diolch John!
- gjones875100Wales tourJohn was great. Main reason for tour was to find my Great grandparents homes. We found both. My grandfather’s largely dur to info John had found. An old Platte map John found was extremely helpful. I had emailed him some info I had from a previous visit of my family in 1982.
- C1720EQerikac00An amazing Tour with an amazing guide!I cannot recommend this tour enough! My mother and I did a 4 day tour of Northern Wales. We were stunned by the beauty of Wales! We visited Conway, Snowdonia, Caernarfon, Llandudno and the Isle of Anglesey. John, our guide, was knowlegeable and attentive. He was great about adjusting the tour to meet our needs. We got to visit all the amazing and hard-to-get-to places that the big tours would never take you to! I fell in love with Wales, and can't wait to go back with my children!
- soniamistry00Wonderful day in Northern Wales!My sister booked a private day tour for our family (5 adults) as part of a cruise stop in Holyhead, including a visit to Portmeirion and Snowdonia. We found John, our tour guide, very easily and he whisked us away on a delightful day-long adventure, showing us and telling us the sorts of things that you only get from a local. Indeed, everywhere we went, he was recognized and greeted by local workers and other tour guides! We definitely felt like we were getting a much more enriching experience than we would on a big bus tour, seeing things we wouldn't be able to see, driving down roads a bus couldn't. And I'm sure wrangling a small party of people is much easier than a bus-load so we had extra time to make impromptu visits and unplanned stops. We returned to Holyhead with plenty of time left before our ship was scheduled to depart. Would absolutely recommend booking a tour through Boutique Tours.
- kathyg37900Caernarfon Castle & Snowdonia - 10 Stars!I just wish that TripAdvisor would allow for 10 stars. This was the highlight of our 16 day trip in the British Isles and Wales is as breathtakingly beautiful as you see in all the pictures on the Boutique Tours website. John is so knowledgeable about the area and about the Caernarfon Castle, which has an amazing history. The van is custom made and very comfortable for six passengers. Because it is a van and not a huge tour bus, John was able to take us places that very few people would ever get to see. If you have the opportunity to take this tour, don't hesitate. It is well worth every penny and we thought was an excellent value compared to Viking Cruise Lines excursions offered to us.
- Guide2414710009200A day in the Snowdonia National ParkOur family had a fabulous time and our guide John was great ! The views were spectacular and John’s knowledge of the area was impressive. I would highly recommend the tour of Snowdonia. We all had a wonderful time.
- cmakara200Excellent tour of Wales!Our tour was the most exceptional trip we have ever had! John, our tour guide, was so knowledgeable on the history of Wales, current happenings, and threw in a lot of his personal experiences of the country. Especially accommodating every step of the way. When we saw a boat tour and told him how nice that would be, he made it all happen while we were at lunch! When one of our party was sick and stayed in his room one day, John very willingly drove extra to circle back and pick him up so he could join his family for dinner. This was such an amazing tour, we would gladly return again to have Boutique Tours of Wales show us around more of Wales.
- bonniebackes1300Wonderful experience!Our group could not have enjoyed the tour more! John was a wonderful guide. Very proud of his homeland and it showed in his enthusiasm to show us beautiful Wales. The tour was perfect and covered everything from lovely towns to hidden places with lovely stops for lunch and treats! It was a highlight of our trip and left us with many fond memories! We will not hesitate to recommend John to family and friends!
- rlhavel00Beautiful borderlands!We truly enjoyed spending the day with John as our guide through the borderlands. He was very knowledgeable and gave us a great overview of the history of the area. We were able to reach places we never could have seen on a bus tour. The landscape is so beautiful. We appreciated his stories and personality as well!
- Anaco_Angler00The best of Wales: natural beauty and riveting history, presented by an outstanding guideIf you want to see the natural beauty of Wales with a small group, and you want to access those areas where the big your buses can’t go, there’s only one choice: book Boutique Tours Wales with John. He uses his local knowledge to bring you to the best views of the exquisite natural scenery of Wales, going down narrow roads and up twisting road climbs. We never encountered another tour group from our cruise ship. And John has a wealth of detail, bringing alive castles and cathedrals. On top of that he knows the best places for lunch, where the food and the views are superb. Thank you, John, for two memorable days of touring Wales.
- Sucie0400Wonderful Cruise ExcursionWhen you book a cruise excursion months ahead and based on reviews only, you wonder if it will compare to what you read. You will not be disappointed. John is an excellent tour guide. He is very knowledgeable about the history of Wales and so really enriched our tour of Caernarfon castle. During all our tour he had information to give us that enhanced what we were seeing and taught us so much about Wales and life there. The places we visited were not those you would see on a bus tour but ones that gave you a much more intimate vision of what Wales is really like, We were so lucky to have John as a our guide to introduce us to the beauty of Wales and the Welch people.
- Laura N00Exceeded Expectations!Our 2 day tour of North Wales with John was the highlight of our 2 weeks in Great Britain. His thorough planning, attention to detail, and knowledge of North Wales created an amazing family history tour. From finding homes and churches in little villages, to amazing scenic drives, to the best food on our trip - John didn't miss a thing! He not only showed us places, but helped us to understand what life would have been like for my ancestors. Truly a special trip! Thank you for creating such incredible memories!
- X4868JTtinah00Exceeded Our Expectations!The entire tour was stellar. John helped us plan the perfect trip - it included all the sights and experiences that we were most interested in. We were stunned how knowledgeable John is on such a wide array of topics. We learned so much! When the weather began to get a bit wet and cloudy, he adjusted our route so we could make the best of the sights we could actually see. We are all seasoned travelers and we all agree that we've never had a tour quite like it. Other reviewers have noted it, but his pride in Wales sets this trip apart.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We did two days with John and he made everything we wanted to do fit into the itinerary. He had great ideas that he incorporated into what we wanted to do and the days went incredibly smooth. Van was super comfortable and John was so pleasant and knowledgeable. We would definitely book him again!
Written August 13, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
It was my personal pleasure to be of service to you during your brief visit to Wales and I appreciate the time you have taken to submit a review about your private tour experience with me. I take great personal pride in looking after international visitors, helping them to make the most of their visit to the region. It's always nice to know that the delivery of the tour met with your expectations and I hope that one day you will choose to return to Wales where I would be delighted to show you so much more of our beautiful country.
Written August 31, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester provided by Boutique Tours of Wales
Product Overview: Taste of North Wales - 8 Hour Private Tour from Chester
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos