What better way to learn more about the architectural traditions of a schist village than to build one yourself? In this creative experiment, we’re going to discover the patterns and building rules that are used in these houses, creating our own miniature schist house. In a journey to the past, bring a special memory of Cerdeira home with you. All creatives experiences in Cerdeira link traditional techniques with a modern approach.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 4-90, max of 5 per group
Duration: 2h 30m
Start time: Check availability
- Materials and tools
- Departure details
- Cerdeira Home for Creativity, Lugar da, 3200-509 Lousã, Portugal The activity takes place in our Atelier at Cerdeira - Home for Creativity. When you arrive in the village, please go to the reception where you will get directions.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 67112P2
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children are welcome to participate, when accompanied by 1 paying adult.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Miniature schist house workshop?
- Miniature schist house workshop price starts from $48.98. Discover and book Miniature schist house workshop on Tripadvisor
- What is the Miniature schist house workshop cancellation policy?
- Miniature schist house workshop cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Miniature schist house workshop on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Miniature schist house workshop?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 2h 30m. Discover and book Miniature schist house workshop on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 67112P2
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Cerdeira - Home for Creativity
Joined in April 2014
- Navigator23373900Disconnect and connectWe enjoyed our stay at Cerdeira. Loved the village and the project is very interesting as well as the philosophy of the place The peace and quiet was wonderful and we really liked it ! Allowed us to connect with nature and disconnect from the busy world out there. We will return !!!
- pmartinslux00Unique villageUnique place for an escape from the noise and stress of the city. Nice cabins, comfortable yet true to their initial purpose as poor rural houses. And a magnificent environment, truly perfect for a relaxed stay.
- Departure4677623965800Heaven on earth!Great place to spend a few days, and even better when combining the holidays with an interesting course on ceramics, greenwoodworking or other topics. Wonderful experience I have just been through, with six wonderful days creating my own chair with green wood, using mostly simple tools and artisanal methods. Excellent course by an excellent teacher, Peter Lanyon, in the midst of a paradise on earth. Better spent in a cabin than in the hostel, where the conditions (two rooms with 6 beds for women and 6 beds for men, common kitchen, WCs for men and women) tend to be less comfortable than ideal to fully enjoy the utter quiet and peacefulness of the place.
- josephmZ9508OE00AMAZING !!My wife and I spent three nights here in the room overlooking the valley and loved every minute. This little village is a true wonder, and the first wonder is, how did they build it with primitive tools ? We ate our meals here, and they were very, very tasty. Every employee bent over backwards to help and give advice. This is a true DIAMOND to see and enjoy !!! Thank You from your guests from Canada.
- JohnO42200ExcellentExcellent service, warm welcome & charming accommodation. I must say the accommodation is very comfortable and warm! This is a fascinating place and some of best service we’ve had in Portugal. Highly recommend staying here. The breakfast is good and plenty of local walks.
- Y6336UAemilyt00Magical place - healing home for the soulI don‘t attempt to put in words the inner peace and gratitude this place created in me. It is a beautiful space! I left a little more whole than I arrived. Overlooking the green Lousã-Jungle, the wooden Terrasse was my resourcing and creative spot - perfect for yoga, a morning coffee, inspiration, or the copo do Vinho along with a lovingly made dinner ✨🍷 I will definitely come back with my mum to enable her the magical experience as well! The place is only one side, the people are what gives Cerdiera Home for Creativity it‘s peaceful family character. Very passionate and kind souls🙏🏼 I felt so warmly taken care of, whenever I needed something! I spent my day hiking the incredible green paradise (yes, paradise!) and shist villages (of which I think Cerdeira is for sure the most beautiful one) and unluckily got lost at dawn, Ricardo saved me that night picking me up and bringing me home🙏🏼 Muito Obrigada Cerdeira Village! Love, Emily
- Titacardoso00Family short amazing vacationsCome here and just disconnect!!!The stone houses are amazing with great conditions!You can cook there if you want!You can have your breakfast in one of the main houses...a lot of homemade sweets...cakes....and they are very very friendly...and you must go along with their rhythm and not be hurry!!!Highly recomend this place to releave stress,and be in contact with the nature!You can do some workshops and walk a lot in the mountains!If you visit in September you will see the veals coming to visit you!The kids run free and forget the Tv...that doesn’t exist ❤️👍👌✅price is high...but those houses are the best from Lousã...I heard there are some more and cheaper but don’t have the same charm😁
- AandGGetaways00Highly RecommendPeaceful, tranquil, very relaxing. The multi lingual staff are very friendly and polite. The lodges are clean and well equipped. Each lodge has a very handy guide for nature walks along with a directory of local facilities and eateries. Basic supplies are available on site or a good selection of supermarkets are a short drive away to stock up. If you dont fancy rustling up your own meal there are light bites available in the cafe, or for a short journey into town there is a good selection of restaurants.
- 0000aabbcc00Unique AccommodationsI spent 3 nights here and it was a wonderful and unique experience. This a previously deserted small village that has been remodeled adding electricity and modern furniture. Very comfortable and very delicious dinner on two evenings,
- Diana N00TranquillityWe had a fabulous week in Cerdeira. It's so tranquil and the stone houses have an amazing ambience. Away from the noise of the internet, the city and all that chatter it is quite restorative. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, the breakfasts are delicious and the views over the mountains and valley are breathtaking. Don't go if you need constant internet or you don't like steps!
- BJCWPG00Affordable, yet extremely rich experienceWe toured Portugal for a month staying in cities and rural locales. We were looking for unique experiences. Cerdeira certainly gave us that. We were intrigued by the shale construction of the homes and the marvelous work that has restored this village. The village was absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed that it was isolated and it was fun driving on twisting mountain roads to find the village nestled on a mountain-side. The village was entirely free of vehicles. Steep paths led from one part of the village to another. We enjoyed the picturesque hike between Cerdeira and Candal. What a treat to have the village dog show us the way. The nearby stream, birdsong, and mountain vistas enriched our experience immensely. Casa da Azeitona was spacious, well-equipped, comfortable, and clean. We enjoyed our private outside terrace. The bed was reasonably comfortable although the pillows were a bit flat. The staff were welcoming, friendly, helpful, and hard-working. Without exception, they provided excellent service. Every morning we were greeted by a friendly staff member with a beautiful breakfast. Another staff member was willing to chat with us providing a history of the schist villages and the recent changes. These are the insights that visitors to a new country are interested in. The variety of options available at breakfast were more than satisfactory and we enjoyed the homemade preserves. The rice duck dinner which delicious. Cerdeira was an affordable yet extremely rich experience.
- Discover6711459479300In the heart of PortugalIn Cerdeira village it is difficult to find something wrong. Marvelous and unique place to stay !!! There is a lot of foxgloves plants, nice fountain with mountain water to drink, unique old schist architecture, quiet and peaceful atmosphere. It is appreciated there is no mobil signal.
- lucy597600Magical and very special placeMy partner and I rented one of the eight houses available in this village for three nights. One must park the car outside the village and walk in and we left the car until we had to leave. The house was well equipped for cooking meals and it was very clean, cozy and warm (we did have some drizzly damp weather). One day, we hiked on a well marked trail to another village and back. Cerdeira itself, seemed to provide endless opportunities for photos. We sat on our balcony that looked out to the valley and read. It was a tranquil and lovely three days. The staff that we met were patient, accommodating and so helpful. For those that don't need internet in their house, don't mind walking and who enjoy nature, history and art, this is an amazing place to spend some time.
- VickyWClaire00Otherworldly place, very relaxingOn advice from a friend we booked in for 3 nights relaxing and walking in the middle of our Portugal trip. It was very easy to find and although I was worried about getting the rental car up the winding road it was fine and there was ample parking. Although the parking is a short (200m) walk from the village up and down some steps so you will need to do some bag carrying. We checked in at the cafe and were shown round the house Via Avore. We loved it from the first impression, the kitchen was well stocked with all utensils and pans and there was games to keep us occupied. No TV which was nice and the only phone signal is Vodafone althu go there is WiFi in the cafe. There are supermarkets in the nearby town Lousã which were easy to find (Intermarche and Lidl) plus a CTT to pay your motorway tolls. It is easy to find and appears on google maps. The balconies in our house were lovely and we enjoyed watching the thunderous rain storm from them. The bed room was nice and bed very comfy and cosy, the bathroom was clean as well. We loved the silence and waking up to the birds. Lots of local walks which are accessible from the village or a very short drive from the village to other Schist villages, you can combine routes to make longer or shorter days and it is mainly walking in trees which provide shade from the the sun or protection from the rain. Walking boots advised as trails over rough ground not pre laid paths. The walks are fairly strenuous and go up and down hills. We had breakfast provided and went to the cafe. The bread was always fresh and tasty and liked the range of fruit, homemade jams and ham on offer. Delicious. The place is high up above Lousã and has an otherworldly feel to it, especially as the mist rolls in and up the hill. A great place for a pause mid holiday.
- AptosAmy00The Village is Charming and Peaceful but I am Reviewing the AccommodationThe Village of Cerdeira is charming and peaceful but I am reviewing the Accommodation. Don't confuse the ancient village with the modern business of selling tiny houses by the night. Home for Creativity is in Lugar da Cerdeira, Lousa 3200-50. We were told there would be parking in the church lot 100 meters away but really we had to park 200 meters away and haul luggage because day trippers and employees parked in the church lot. We had a private accommodation, a tiny house/cabin for four nights. The establishment maintains bright street lights that are on all night and they shine into your quaint little cabin. If you close the windows and shutters you are poisoned by the residue of very strongly chemically-scented laundry products. This place could get a lesson from Tassajara Zen Center in California. We came here for the hiking. These mountains have not yet burned. Dogs bark into the night and early in the morning, waking you in this charming Xisto village. The establishment says they use biodegradable laundry products but the room stinks of an intense cheap chemical scent of the laundry products. This stink does not biodegrade over 4 days and the smell was not rinsed out of the sheets when they were washed. Therefore the word "biodegradable" is an oxymoron and not appropriate for the toxic laundry products this expensive b&b uses. I asked for a substitute in advance and was denied an alternative. The breakfast is ok and typical of Portugal. The people who work here are friendly.
Buy it with
Miniature schist house workshop provided by Cerdeira - Home for Creativity
Product Overview: Miniature schist house workshop
Number of Photos