This challenging yet rewarding ride is ideal for intermediate and advanced riders. Although this is a full-day ride requiring some mountain bike experience, there are ride options that feature non-technical riding, ideal for road riders that have a good level of fitness. Enjoy great climbs, epic descents, fast-rolling trails and/or technical features such as logs and bridges. Rides are customized to the interest of each group.
Your guide will select a trail based on the weather and terrain conditions. Your guide has extensive knowledge of the region and will choose trails or activities as conditions dictate. Lunch is also provided at a local cafe or a packed lunch depending on where we ride.
You'll be contacted prior to arrival to assess your technical and physical ability and will help you select the level of riding that's right for you. There are two ride options:
Blue Ride: Recommended for fit riders with basic skills
• Duration: 4 - 6 hours
• Distance: 25 - 37 miles (40 - 60 km)
• Surface: Moderate single track that will include riding over tree roots, small rocks and some man-made bridges. There will be a combination of ascents and descents on mostly packed dirt (ungroomed) trails
• Elevation change: Up to 3,937 feet (1,200 meters)
• Max altitude: Approx. 5,905 feet (1,800 meters)Black Ride: Suited for experienced and very fit riders
• Duration: 5 - 6 hours
• Distances: 25 - 37 miles (40 - 60 km)
• Surfaces: Remote, mountainous, exposed terrain with steep ascents and challenging technical descents, uneven trails with loose features, rocks, roots and man-made features
• Elevation change: Up to 4,593 feet (1,400 meters)
• Max altitude: Approx. 7,217 feet (2,200 meters)