Koh Ker Pyramid, Beng Mealea Jungle Temple Visit & Bamboo Cake Testing – Local Market Tour - VIP Lunch Box- 021
After your beautiful breakfast from your hotel, we head into the bush to the remote Angkor capital of Koh Ker is an Angkorian site in northern Cambodia 70 miles northeast of Siem Reap; it was briefly the capital of the Khmer empire between 928 and 944 under king Jayavarman IV and his son Hasavarman II. After the Khmer empire had been established in the Angkor area (Roluos), Jayavarman IV moved the capital in 928 to Koh Ker.
Here a vast number of temples were built under his reign, until his successor returned to the Angkor area about twenty years later. The Koh Ker site is dominated by Prasat Thom, a 30-meter-tall temple-mountain raising high above the plain and the surrounding forest.
Picnic Lunch Box Break After visiting the Privear Temple
Enjoy your riding after having your Picnic Lunch Beng Mealea, the titanic of temples, a slumbering giant lost for centuries in the forests of Cambodia. It is the most accessible of Angkor’s lost temples, a mirror image of Angkor Wat, but utterly consumed by the voracious appetite of nature.
Constructed by Suryavarman II (1113-1150), the builder of Angkor Wat, the forest has run riot here and it is hard to get a sense of the monument’s shape amid the daunting ruins. Here it is possible to enjoy an Indiana Jones experience clambering about the vast ruin.
• After Mini tour sightseeing if the time permitted, hotel for refreshment.
• Departure: at 7:00 am
• Return: Evening
• Experience with Picnic Lunch Box as our VIP set up
• Remarks: Basic level of fitness required, walking on uneven terrain, sturdy shoes recommended
• Sites you will visit: Koh Ker Pyramid Temple , Beng Mealea Jungle temple and Bamboo Cake testing tour, local market tour
• Highlights: Architecture, history, nature, people,
Note: Base on the above program