During this excursion, we will visit two archaeological areas: Chichen Itza and the city of Ek Balam. These two archaeological areas are in Yucatan State an hour’s drive from each other. Despite the proximity of these areas, these cities are completely different. In Chichen Itza, the influence of the Toltec culture brought to the city by the conquerors of central Mexico is very noticeable. The city of Ek Balam is built in an authentic Mayan style.
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Russian, English, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Professional multilingual guide
- Transfer from Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya Hotels
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Chichen Itza
- Entry/Admission - Valladolid
- Entry/Admission - Ek Balam Village
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks at the restaurant
- Use of professional video devices in the archaeological site (MXN $45)
- Personal expenses, tips and souvenirs
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We can pick you up at your hotel
- C. 11 Sur 77712, Ejidal, 77712 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico Diversland Mexico
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 14937P67
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam?
- Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam price starts from $1,076.09. Discover and book Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam cancellation policy?
- Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam?
- Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam is hosted by Diversland. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Diversland on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 14937P67
- You'll start atC. 11 Sur 77712Or, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Chichen ItzaStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2ValladolidStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Zona Arqueológica de Ek BalamStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in December 2014
#54 of 463 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Playa del Carmen
- bryanrB7460HM00Amazing experience with Diversland!! Thank you Andrey for making this unforgettable!!Andrey was an incredible instructor and our dives were amazing. Thank you for helping us with our advanced open water certification!!!
- rodrigomW9682UK00Amazing. The best staff to hire for a diveThe staff provided an amazing experience. We got our open water certification with them and I couldn't have asked for. I'm looking for them everytime I go back to Cancun
- Kaylene G00Best Experience EVER!I will say that Olena was amazing! She was honest, up front and taught us what we needed to know. When we made a mistake she gently explained it so that the next dive we could correct it. She was safe and we never doubted her ability to keep us safe! This was probably the best 3 days we had on our vacation. I highly recommend Discover Scuba. Giving a 5 star review is not an easy thing for us. This was definitely a 5 experience. We saw stingrays, a sea horse, a really HUGE eel! So worth it. Olena was an excellent teacher. Thank you for your time, and effort in teaching us. DO IT people this is a great place to learn!
- Mattharrison27100You could not expect better than thisI came with high expectations, and was absolutely blown away. Every part of the experience was amazing. You feel like you're being taken care of every step of the way, and you can just learn a new skill in an amazing place with incredible people. Andrey was so fun, and such a good instructor. You can tell he has a passion for what he does and he consistently went the extra mile to make sure we learned what we needed to, and that we had a blast while doing so. Eugenia was so sweet too. We had some unusual logistical constraints and she was super helpful and flexible to make everything work. 10/10 experience and people, I would recommend to anyone!
- poroshka700Safety, fun and with love.The most important thing is that all instructors are great professionals. On land and under water, I felt safe. All dives were fun, easy, very helpful and I have a video from my dives. It's amazing! . I am very grateful to my instructor Dmitry for the care, support, safety, fun and for now I'm in love with the underwater world!
- Colin v00Great experience 10/10This was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had on vacation. Dmitry and Julie wet both very professional and personable. They made sure that I was both competent and confident in all of the skills necessary, not to mention I had a lot of fun on all of the dives, including the pool dive
- 442zikis00A phenomenal scuba diving experience!The Pit and dos ojos are quite different dives. The Pit is essentially a bottomless sinkhole where you dive along the wall. The upper layer is fresh water, and at approximately 14 meters below, it changes to salt water. The overall experience is eerie, sometimes meditative. If you've only done ocean diving before, then this is highly recommended. We reached max depth of 34 meters. A very, very unique experience! Dos ojos is a much shallower 4-7 meters mostly, of a narrow cave, with plenty of stalactites and stalagmites. Beautiful!
- The Dogs Doodah... P00Amazing and professional dive centre!I first dived with Diversland in 2019 when I did my PADI Open Water with them. Julia was my dive instructor and she was brilliant. I decided to come back and dive with them this year (Sep 2022). I can't rate them highly enough. Everything was arranged on time and in plenty of time. Julia would give me all the information I needed in advance. And I was picked up on time every day. I did 12 dives in total with Diversland whilst I was there. We did Cenote and sea dives. I had Julia as my guide for some dives, and Sergei as my guide for others. Both of them are very professional, friendly, and fun to dive with. I've dived in lots of places around the world, and Diversland is one of my favourite dive centres for their professionalism. My equipment was always triple checked. They'd always ensure everything was OK with all my stuff before diving. I felt very safe and looked after. Also, Julia and Sergei were so good. I'd forgotten my Gopro, so they filmed for me without any charge and shared the footage every day. Julia even made some great videos of the best bits. Overall they're great, and I'll definitely be going back 😁👏🏻
- KristinaRazmerova00Loved it!I did an Open water course and Cenote diving with these guys. And I am i loooove with Julia. She explained things in a very simple but detailed way, was attentive to all the details, very organised and flexible with changes at the same time. Looking forward to coming back soon!
- CaMiSwiss00Fantastic Dives!We have been diving with Diversland Playa del Carmen end of february 2020. All in all we did 18 dives in 9 days. Everything was at all time very good organised, the dives were guided by Sergey and a true experience. Every Cenote was different and just magical. Settling the bill at the end was smooth and easy, all office members are very friendly and customer orientated. We would do it again, right away.
- NeonUrban00Great team, great divingAmazing dive center, top notch service, super attentive to all details! Best cenotes diving experience you can have, smart planning of trips, all safe practices followed and most importantly team of friendly, dedicated professionals who enjoy what they are doing!
- eugene92dot00Totally recommend DiverslandIt is a really great dive center with great people who are ready to help in any case, even if it is not connected with diving. I booked a few dives with Diversland. I could not go for the first dive because of backache and sent a message few hours before the start - guys did not cancelled this attempt and I made it on the next day. Then I could easily select the day of diving and the dive site that I want. Divers are super qualified and very pleasant to talk to. If to speak about their help outside of diving, they usually gave us different advises regarding organizational questions in Mexico - where to make money exchange, make shopping, even the better way to buy tickets for a flight. So, totally recommend this center as they provide high quality service and are ready to fulfill all your needs
- 4_travel_addicts00Great dive at dos ojos and perfect dive centerThe trip was perfectly organized. Pickup from Hotel was in time, dive equipment was good. Our guide gave us perfect dive briefing and the dives were awesome. Dives are easy (we are advanced divers with >200 dives) also for owd. Can recommend dive shop snd dos ojos very much.
- DmitryK64000OutstandingWell, guys...I have seen that there were 2 reviewers out of 151, who evaluated Diversland Very Good (1) and Poor (also 1).... Assuming that I have all the right to say, that I know Diversland staff well: over 4 years I keep coming there on the annual basis. Thus said, I state that these 2 reviewers, probably, should come back at least one more time and to stay with Diversland at least one more day :-))))) Seriously, I hardly understand, how Diversland can be given less than Excellent. And trust me: I am very picky and bloody selective and sometimes capricious.. But not the case with Diversland! The secret of their sucess, IMHO, is very simple and lays on the surface: these guys know what they do and, most importantly, they love and enjoy diving in all its' aspects. If you have never seen the open water before and scared to approach the sea closer than 100 m - welcome: with Diversland you will not notice, how you'll start loving it; if you consider yourself a professional diver - come on, give me a break: go to Diversland and you will shortly undertand, that you still have horizons to look over.. Dima, Anna and all permanent and properly selected (properly is the key word here) freelance instructors' staff are extremely professional; friendly; meticulous, and punctual; always smiling and very easy to get along with. After 1 day you start thinking that you know them for years already. Together with the family we've been returning to Diversland 4 years in raw already.. And we will keep it going this way. We just left Playa, but already missing them all. Guys, we'll be back!:-)))))
- deniskilseev00One of the few places around the world I would like to visit again and again!I gotta give it to them: it is never boring to go to Diversland in Playa Del Carmen. Me and my parents were there for the third time, and it is one of the few places around the globe where I would like to spend yet another vacation. I have done my OWD, AOWD, and sidemount courses with Diversland. It was incredible! Dima, who taught me all the courses, was great! Great sense of humor, great way of teaching all the theory, which if taught the other way than Dima's is so boring; practice in the pool and then in the open water. If you want to become a real diver with the necessary certificate, it is the place you want to go to. The best part for me was that you can "arrange" some malfunction with Dima while being on the surface, to realize how that is going to affect you and to train your reflexes. During my sidemount course we've practiced regulator's freeflow, and I guarantee you: without that practice I would have panicked in the real-world situation. Speaking of diving itself: it is something you are not going to find anywhere in the world. Me and my dad have dived almost every cenote you can find in the Quintana-Roo: Angelita, Zapote, The Pit, Kin-Ha, Tak-Bi-Luum, Taak-Bi-Ha, Kasa, you name it. It is always thrilling. You feel the power of nature itself while being there. I have been to some of them twice, and every time you visit them again it is like you erase all your memories and dive there again. I hope to dive there more often! Last but not least: instructors. We have dived with many of them: Patrick, Thomas, Steven, Dima. No matter what the name is, Diversland is the place of professionals. Everyone is going to make you feel comfortable, answer all your questions, be patient, and friendly! Diving is all about a) joy and experience b) safety. These guys will provide you with both! Of course, it is a nice touch that they always have bottles of water and food provided for you not to be hungry or thirsty between or after the dives. I would always recommend them to everyone who visits Mexico. Even if they visit Mexico City. I see that there is no point going to Mexico without AT LEAST saying "Hi" to the beatiful people which make this place so warming and welcoming.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Diversland is definitely the best in Playa del Carmen. The service is excellent. The best experience ever! Highly recommended.
Written November 30, 2020
Buy it with
Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam provided by Diversland
Product Overview: Private tour to Chichen Itza, Valladolid and Ek Balam
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos