per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Roundtrip transportation from hotels located in the central area of Mexico City
- Professional guide
- Tour in Garibaldi
- Margarita cocktail
- Permanent and temporary guided tour room at the Tequila and Mezcal tasting Museum.
- Boat ride in Xochimilco
- Entry/Admission - Museo del Tequila y el Mezcal
- Entry/Admission - Trajineras Xochimilco
- Entry/Admission - Plaza Garibaldi
- Food and drinks
- Roundtrip transportation from hotels located iOUT OF the central area of Mexico City
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- WE PICK UP ALL CUSTOMERS FROM HOTELS LOCATED IN THE MEXICO CITY CENTRAL AREA. OUT OF THIS AREA, PICK UP WILL HAVE AN EXTRA CHARGE (200 PESOS WHICH WILL BE PAID DIRECTLY TO OUR GUIDE) OR WE CAN MET CLIENTS IN A MEETING POINT
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 9483P51
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Pick up at hotels outside the downtown area will have an extra charge
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco on Tripadvisor
- How much is Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco?
- Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco price starts from $282.78. Discover and book Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco on Tripadvisor
- What is the Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco cancellation policy?
- Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco?
- Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco is hosted by Trip To Mexico. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Trip To Mexico on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 9483P51
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Mercado SonoraStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2Museo del Tequila y el MezcalStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Trajineras XochimilcoStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Plaza GaribaldiStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Trip To Mexico
Joined in June 2016
#13 of 81 Food & Drink in Cancun
- Tazmocha00Beautiful Location and Awesome Local GuidesThe tour guide was outstanding and friendly. The guides at the reserve really helped us old folks get up the trail. We took horses most of the way, but had to hike the last part of the route. Our escorts looked after our well-being and safety. We didn’t see the monarchs fly, but we did see lots of them on the trees. We had a great experience thanks to the local guides and their attentiveness.
- mia15503200Excellent , will return ,beautiful ,clean , good service ,the best I have seenBeaches and del mer . Well maintained gardens with flamingos and peacocks .beautiful Spanish style . Well designed not to feel crowded any where . Loved smaller yet numerous restaurants Vast but shuttle very efficient , beautiful if you like to walk . `excellent service all the staff Good happy atmosphere by all the staff Food not extravagant but , very well balanced and acceptable .not the specialized appointment ones . Buffet arrbbest Beach beautiful , but the waves were high at that time . Specially impressed by the waiter specialized in allergies or gluten etc guests Christian such an excellent service and care.. only water pressure was low in my room , complained few times but did not correct .. but was not a major thing . Will return , I recommend !
- Voyager63822400Intoxicated Shaman; 1..2…3100 words is not enough to relay our experience. Shaman was high on SOMETHING, Shaman’s helper vomiting in the temezcal….NO English spoken other than Shaman: “You okay? Close your eyes….1,2,3” At one point we asked the Shaman, “Are YOU okay?” He opened the sweat lodge 4-5 times during the ceremony, almost had hot rocks flung on us, wanted us to stand by the pit and almost received steam burns. Our driver was great but when we got to the destination NO ONE spoke to us. Sat around a table for 30-45 minutes and then a hurried “Go! The Shaman is ready!” No further explanation. The “Shaman” had 2 helpers with him that appeared to be his teenage children. The older of the 2 helpers had to leave the sweat repeatedly, finally beginning to wretch and vomit. I have done sweats and this was NOT a sweat. My poor husband had never done a sweat, and I begged him to go with me, promising an AMAZING experience. I have sealed my fate that he will never go again! The San Carlos Ecolodge was a BEAUTIFUL place. Perfect surroundings. We paid a TON for a private sweat with a true Shaman. Could have been so amazing, but an out of his tits “Shaman” who could barely stand up and could barely speak other than slurred words while swaying and practically unable to stand at one point, turned the experience into quite the debacle. I’m a nurse, my husband a retired firefighter; we thought we would be providing medical care at several points in the 90 minute “experience” The San Carlos Ecolodge owner was mortified and very apologetic. He said he had never dealt with this “Shaman” before.
- Inspire4772938911500InexpressibleI have participated in Native American sweat lodges and was very curious about this. It DID NOT disappoint. Gustavo was a wonderful guide. It filled my heart, and the Mayans who did the ceremony, provided the feast - I feel part of them now. Yu’um bootik ❤️
- joymm231200Wonderful and amazingGeorge was one of the most amazing tour guides. We all have an absolutely fantastic time and learned. Our day went smoothly and fun. The Frida museum was sold out and Trotsky was closed due to covid. However, George found many more things such as wonderful coffee y charos. I highly recommend this tour. 💖
- johndZ7368BO00The definition of BAIT AND SWITCHWhat a disappointment. This tour started off bad and only because worse. Our guide informed us upon leaving the hotel that the van had been sterilizd and there was no reason to wear a mask. I asked if he has been vaccinated against covid-19. He laughed, "No". I informed him that he was to wear the mask as my wife had not been vaccinated as yet. Ek Balan was ok. It does not compare to the less expensive tour of Chicken it's, however. As a photographer, I was most excited to visit the bird sanctuary billed as a Pink Flamingo Bird Sanctuary. Well, zero birds. The bird sanctuary is at a commercial salt mine. The only thing that was pink was water. We abandoned the tour at this point. My wife and I opted to have drinks at the hotel in Cancun rather than have anymore disappointment.
- monav95500The cenotes are nice if you never been there before, but nothing impressive. Valladolid has a historical parroquia.Do not pay for a tour their ripping you off and they only charge 120 pesos to get in at each cenote. The city is not that big you can rent a car for 300 pesos a day.
- mcochran202000Best Experience Ever! Staff is Amazing!This was the most amazing and thrilling thing I have ever done. Well worth the money. I have to give a shout out to Julian (sp?) our guide. He was so full of excitement and friendly. He made us feel at ease when we were really nervous. I don't remember the name of the crew guy that swam with us but he was so great. He would take my hand and help me swim faster when I needed to keep up with the shark. The time on the island was very short but a nice little stop for lunch. It was too bad the beaches were closed due to Covid. I would have liked a little more time to shop on the island but only had enough time for lunch. Overall...this excursion was top notch and highly recommend it!
- 756bernardc00Visit poorly organised by the travel agency - overpriced with no serviceThe agency did not anticipate the crowd visiting the sanctuary. We waited more that 2 hours in the woods in a crowd of about 5000 visitors and after having heard that we had to wait at least another hour, we decided to leave the site without having seen the butterflies. This visit is overpriced and the value for money is close to zero. I could have done the trip by myself for 10% of the price as the added value from the agency is inexistant
- ifras202000Amazing experienceI would highly recommend this excursion. It was our favourite trip whilst in Cancun. Juan and Danny made the experience unmissable; they made us feel very comfortable and explained the meaning of the culture. We could of listened to Juan for hours. Will definitely be back!
- kristenl63300Monarch Butterfly TourEduardo was a great host on our tour. We left the hotel at 8:30 and got to the butterfly park pretty early. When we got there it wasn’t crowded. When we were leaving it just started to get crowded. Maybe aak the tour if you could go even a little earlier to miss the crowd completely. Eduardo spoke very well in English and Spanish and it came in handy when we wanted to hire the horses for the tour. The horses were the right way to go for us. The short hike was challenging mostly due to the change in altitude. I would suggest bringing a professional camera if you have one and enjoy photography. It’s very hard to get those closeup shots with a cellphone camera. Also bring cash, there are no atms and they won’t take credit cards.
- judyp196200Good timesMoMos restaurant this restaurant was by far the best we’ve experienced, and the servers are wonderful, the waiters are miquel angelcnz , Grick Bailey rgxnal,Belem hamas Barron,(the picture is of the names of all the staff that took very good care of us ! 😁👍we’ll be back .
- Keith A00Seven colors lagoon and fort tour is worth the $I purchased the Bacalar Fort & Seven Colors Lagoon with Lunch excursion directly thru Carnival and was very happy. They make sure that you get back on time an no issue with missing the time to get back on the cruise ship. It is also helpful if there are any problems with the cruise day and time changing to book directly. There is a bit of a walk on the long pier, about 10-15 minutes from the cruise ship, but you eventually get to the covered area where all the excursions are gathering. Make sure to get to the gathering spot at least 15 minutes early as our tour started to leave about 20 minutes early before the time on the ticket. It was warm in June but the bus driver will give you a bottle of water when you get on the bus and the air conditioning on the bus is nice after a few minutes with the bus on it eventually cooled off. The bus driver was very nice, friendly, professional, and it was a pleasant 90 minute ride to the boat and fort. There is some room for bags, supplies, etc. but if you have a large camera case, like carry on size, it will not fit in the overhead section so you will have to hold on to it. Carlos was our guide and was extremely friendly and professional. He told us all about the history of the area, the main road we would be traveling, the large fruit stand that sells sweet pineapples, the Mayan culture, and what we would be doing in the water spots traveling by boat, the lunch at the restaurant, the Fort Bacalar, and our trip back to the cruise ship. I appreciated his humor, story telling, and then letting us get some rest on the 90 minute ride to the boat. We get to the restaurant, I think it was Kai Pez, after about 90 minutes, there are some bathrooms to change into swimming attire, then get on the boat and head to the beautiful crystal blue water. There is a nice size boat to take about 40 people and you get a life-jacket. There was plenty of room for my large camera bag. You take a nice, easy, calm ride from the dock in front of the restaurant to some crystal blue waters, then to a 500 foot deep black cenote that you can't see the bottom of, pretty cool. Then you get to go to a spot where you can jump in and it is about up to your elbows. We spent about 30-40 minutes there, a little too long for me because I would have liked more time at the second water spot or at the fort. The first spot is very popular with many people and tours pulling up in their boats. Our boat had a large speaker and played some fun music to pass the time. We got to go to the second water spot, on the way you pass bird island which had some migrating birds, but not as much as other times. You also get to hear about the pirates and the fort and the stories of what happened to the pirates. The second water spot was fun, the water was only about belly button high, but there is a spot where people were putting mud on and some were jumping off a concrete structure into the water. Again the water was crystal blue. We only spent about 15-20 minutes and then we headed back to the restaurant for a nice lunch. The lunch at Kai Pez had chicken, rice, beans, fried fish, guacamole, and salad. It was very tasty. They gave you as much as you wanted and they piled giant ladles full of guacamole on the dish. In CA it would have been about $20 for all the guac. The meal was very filling and a nice change of pace from the food on the cruise ship. I think we spent about 25 minutes and were able to change out of swimming attire. The restaurant is right on the water and has some amazing views. We then got back into the bus for the less than 5 minute ride to the fort. We did not get to go in the fort but we got about 10 minutes to walk around the outside, take pics of the fort and the iguanas, the water, etc. The fort looked pretty neat but it was closed and there was an extra fee, and we did not have time to get inside. Oh well some other time. On the 90 minute bus ride back to the pier, Carlos had the bus stop at the large fruit stand and he got us some of that sweet pineapple. It was delicious and not acidic like the pineapples in the USA. I wish we had that here in California. The excursion was worth the price, it was great to get off the ship, explore, see some things I have never seen before, meet some people, try some things, and enjoy some time in the beautiful water.
- joanl11900The best!We decided to splurge on a private tour and are so glad we did! Our tour guide, Benjamin and our driver Adrian were so amazing! From the moment we were picked up outside our hotel, they were very nice! They provided a van, clean and the AC was running and we were able to control the temperature. Water bottles kept in a cooler whenever we needed one. Benjamin told us sooo much information about the maya culture and the roads, highways and vegetation in the area, it was great. Adrian was always kind, he opened the doors and he was a great driver. Benjamin even stopped to let us get some mangos and chili on the way to one of the ruins! They were very accommodating and kind. The tour was so awesome and we will always pick a private tour over the tour bus with 40+ people. Being able to talk to Benjamin and ask him any questions was great. This tour with Benjamin and Adrian was nothing short of amazing. We will be coming back for another tour with the two of them! Thank you!
- Alli C00Private tourHaving your own private tour guide was so nice and by far the best route to go. Our guide was Antonio (tony) and he was very knowledgable and experienced. The tulum ruins were beautiful but unfortanty the waves were rough so access to the beach was shut off. Still a great tour, we went mid day and it was pretty crowded.
Estaré en cd de México desde el sábado en la noche hasta el domingo 3 de la tarde q es la conexión a mi vuelo q puedo hacer frente este tiempo además q hotel me recomiendan quisiera hospedarse en el hotel Garibaldi es seguro ??? Quisiera hacer algún Tour??? Cuál podría gracias
Buy it with
Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco provided by Trip To Mexico
Product Overview: Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco
Number of Photos