Biobay Kayaking With Transportation
By Zipline Tours in Puerto Rico
Meet your guide at your hotel in the San Juan, Rio Grande, or Fajardo areas. Pick up times starting around 4:00 p.m. approx. If you have your own car check-in is at 6:00 pm approx. With your small group and your guide, head to the “Big Lagoon” to begin your kayaking tour of a bioluminescent bay, one of the most popular attractions in Puerto Rico. Paddle through a mangrove forest and watch the lagoon light up with the natural glow of bioluminescent organisms that produce a blue-green light. Although it is generally too dark for photos, the patterns of light and movement on the water are memorable in their own right. Learn about the organisms as you go from your guide, who will provide narration throughout the tour. Return to your hotel at the end of the trip. Please note: This tour is recommended for travelers who feel comfortable paddling about one mile. Visitors who come between November and January may not see as much bioluminescence due to cooler temperatures.
Explore other options
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Ages 4-99, max of 25 per group
Duration: 2–4 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - El Faro de las Cabezas de San Juan
- Food and drinks
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Old San Juan, Santurce, Ocean Park, Condado, Isla Verde, Carolina, Rio Grande, Fajardo.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Fajardo, Puerto Rico
- Río Grande, 00745, Puerto Rico
- Humacao, Puerto Rico
- Bayamón, Puerto Rico
- Dorado, Puerto Rico
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 18848P14
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 18848P14
- You’ll have 6 starting optionsOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1El Faro de las Cabezas de San JuanStop: 2 hours - Admission includedBahia Grande in FajardoRead more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
A great excursion to El Yunque and Luquillo!
We had a great experience with our driver/tour guide, Vincente. He picked us up at our hotel in Isla Verde and drov…
Thrill of a lifetime!
One of the most exhilarating experiences ever! The staff was knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Highly recommen…
If you want to see the rain forest, skip this tour.
I booked this tour through Viator, but Zipline Tours actually did the tour. Overall, this was a disappointing exper…
My favorite part was going down the rock slides in El Yunque. The views were beautiful and it was worth some of the…
Rueben saved my life. No, seriously I am extremely scared of heights and didn’t expect to be climbing up and down s…
Wow- Must see
Amazing breathtaking views from the trip to ToroVerde to the end of the zip line. Definitely recommend. Don’t forge…
Tour guide was very knowledgeable and highlighted landmarks and history on the van ride there. He was also very hel…
I had a really good time! The young man did a great job touring us. I forgot his name, I think it’s Ramon. Had an a…
San Juan stop on Cruise
Wolfgang was our guide. he was awesome. he was very imformative and helpful. Pickup was on time and the up to the…
Ruben was our tour guide. He was so enjoyable, educational and just soooo much fun!!! My husband and I had a great …
A fantastic day ziplining over the treetops!
My 14-year old daughter and me had such a great day! I would really recommend this to all who enjoy heights and adv…
Don't do it!
We were under the impression we were taking a leisurely stroll through the rainforest, then do the waterfall/slide …
A Must Do Day Trip for Anyone! :)
This day trip was very fun for my husband and I. We loved the walk through the rainforest and being able to climb t…
Not worth the money
No really worth the money to see a water slide and swim in a river. There was no waterfall. The beach and shopping …
A must do trip. Great solo experience. The tour guide was very fun and nice. I had a great time :) thanks!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Oct 2021 • Couples
Bus ride was rough to get to bay. No shocks… Instructions were also poor from start to finish. Kayaking in the dark with only glow sticks on kayaks-cheap. Other tours had nice lights….. To see the bio effect you had to put a tarp over all kayakers….wow 5 mins then head back. Would not recommend…..
Written October 29, 2021
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Estaremos alojados en Condado - San Juan de Puerto Rico. Nos llevan desde San Juan y nos devuelven al hotel? Creo entender que nos recogen a las 4:30 pm y en coche nos llevan hasta el Ferry de Fajardo, cruzamos a la isla y hacemos el tour nocturno? El tour es en español? El precio total es de 92,05$ todo incluido? A que hora nos devuelven al hotel?
Hi, My husband and I along with our 2 teenage kids would like to join one of your tours. Can you please tell me what the weight limits are. Cheers Catherine Reid
What is your weight limit per kayak or canoe?