Green Grotto Cave Private Tour
By Trust Tours Jamaica
The central feature of this natural attraction is the large labyrinthine limestone cave with its numerous rock formations, its stalactites, stalagmites and abundance of overhead ceiling pockets. Your guide will explain the rich history of the caves, telling the story of the people who have used the caves for various purposes over the years. The discovery of cave paintings, tools and fragments of pottery indicate that the original inhabitants of the caves were the Taino Indians who would have used the caves for shelter. The next known inhabitants were the Spanish who, at the time of the British invasion of Jamaica (1655), hid in the caves to avoid capture. There is an underground tunnel which links the caves to the sand at Runaway bay. It is believed that the Spanish used the tunnel in their attempt escape the Island and flee to Cuba. Runaway slaves have also used the caves to hide from their former masters.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Admission included
- Entry/Admission - Green Grotto Caves
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Contact will be made to arrange pick up time Guests should be waiting in the lobby area of hotel for driver. If any changes, please contact us via telephone or email
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 115306P41
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Green Grotto Cave Private Tour?
- Green Grotto Cave Private Tour price starts from $100.00. Discover and book Green Grotto Cave Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Green Grotto Cave Private Tour cancellation policy?
- Green Grotto Cave Private Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Green Grotto Cave Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Green Grotto Cave Private Tour?
- Green Grotto Cave Private Tour is hosted by Trust Tours Jamaica. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Trust Tours Jamaica on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Green Grotto Cave Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Green Grotto Cave Private Tour?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Green Grotto Cave Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 115306P41
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Green Grotto CavesStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedThe professional driver is briefed and acknowledged of all information pertaining to the visitors, tour type, pickup point, destination and all other information regarding the tour. The selected mode of transportation is a top of the line vehicle whether it be car, mini-van, or bus to suite visitors in the most comforting way. Visitors will be picked up from their location provided, on time or 15 minutes ahead of time to ensure that there will be time to spare just in case of any other request from guests. While the tour is on going the driver will brief visitors with his knowledge and history as needed.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Waste of money
Very boring. You just float around a very short spot and do nothing. I would hoped for a longer trip down the ri…
Picture additions for prior posting
Our pictures to paint the true vibe beauty and enjoyment. Prior posting has our description and a great Youtube re…
This is the best place to visit. The staff is so friendly . The waiter at the pool Shane is absolutely awesome. H…
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE
Thanks for leaving us stranded at our hotel before our flight home. Do not use this service if you actually want s…
I recently vacationed in Jamaica for the first time. The only local excursion I had my heart set on was to see the …
Andre was the best!
I took a round trip ride to Negril from the airport during the holidays w Andre. He was punctual, patient, drove sa…
Andre was a really friendly guy always on time and showed us things on the way that were of interest to us. Would r…
Private Tour Around Montego Bay
Wah Gwaan!!!!! We booked our airport transfer transportation on-line, and Andre' was our assigned driver. During t…
Great day trip
Andre was very accommodating to our tour request including meeting times and pickup location. He showed us Jamica f…
Great Service Provided
After exiting the airport our driver Andre was there waiting with a sign and our name. He was very polite and patie…
Convenient but no AC!!!
This private taxi was convenient but there was no air conditioning. The ride to the resort took roughly an hour. If…
Airport transfer to montego bay
If you are looking for an On-Time, Safe and Comfortable transportation to and from your hotel and tours around Jama…
Great tour guide
We had him pick us up at the hotel and took us to Blue Hole. He was very informative and told us a lot about the pl…
Trust tours Jamaica
I used this service for my excursions and I have to say Andre was amazing he showed us the community's, answered qu…