Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 4-99, max of 60 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tour escort/host
- Use of buggy and helmet
- Mini-cooler with snacks and drinks for each vehicle
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and alcoholic drinks
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Complimentary pick up is offered from most hotels, provide us please with your hotel information. If you are staying at an Airbnb or such, we encourage you to contact us 48 to 24 hours prior the tour in order to confirm exact time and pick up location.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 17295P31
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age suggested is 4 years old
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach?
- Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach price starts from $78.03. Discover and book Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach on Tripadvisor
- What is the Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach cancellation policy?
- Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach?
- Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach is hosted by Hoyo Azul Excursions. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Hoyo Azul Excursions on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 17295P31
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Hoyo Azul Excursions
Joined in March 2014
#234 of 489 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Punta Cana
- paigeengerer00Never showed or contacted - Miches and Salto de La Jarda tourThey never showed to pick us up at the hotel nor did they ever contact to inform us what happened or reschedule. Had to go through trip advisor for a refund.
- bdbrett00Fantastic riding experienceThis was amazing, we had read that the riding was brilliant but they put the hard sale on the photos they took. We didn’t find this at all. The people were lovely and the ride was magnificent. Definitely a must do!!! They collected and delivered us back to hotel couldn’t fault at all.
- kaylalalah199500DON’T DO ITTHEY NEVER PICKED US UP!!! We were told in our confirmation email we would receive a pickup time. We never received this email… even after sending multiple other emails inquiring about a time. The cruise was supposed to begin at 3:00. We decided to wait at our hotel pickup area at 2:00. After countless phone calls made to the number on our confirmation email (it would say it has been disconnected,) and googling other numbers to try… we couldn’t reach anyone. DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!
- zellanie0800Worse thing everWe had never been picked up no pictures available because they didn’t even give a care to show up. And when trip advisor tried to reach out to them they had someone answer the phone that couldn’t speak English. Waiting on a confirmation email for my money back highly disappointed in this service. Very non professional.
- Steve H00Captain and first mate really worked to catch fishI have fished beforsd in Punta Cana with less than desirable results. Captaina nd crews have been lathargic and didn't seem to really care if you caught fish. |This time it was different. Ibbke through George right next to the Punta Cana Princess. Not only did he hook me up witha good captain and crew who were seriou sabout catching fish, I paid $80 instead of the $125 the agents within the hotel were asking. Decent boat with good Penn equipment. Had several baits ready to go. We hooked 2 Wahoo who broke off after a few minutes and then this nice white marlin. All the time we were trolling the first mate was woking trying different techniques to catch fish.
- Dezeray M00Best excursion for your price!!!We had the time of our lives getting dirty and seeing some of the most amazing sights in Punta Cana. It was fun and worth every penny but seemed rushed.
- LisaBrian44400TerribleWe took this excursion with our older daughters (26 & 21). They picked us up at our hotel on time and with great ease and it was very organized. They brought us to the ranch where there were many goods being sold. We waited there for 15 minutes before they organized us into groups. I think the delay was on purpose to get us to spend money. They had lockers you could rent for $5.00 and bandanas you could buy for $7.00. (Bring your own bandana if you’re planning on this excursion). I brought my things with me in our 2-seat buggy (really no need for a locker). Our specific tour had WAY TOO MANY buggies. There were probably 35 buggies in total. We traveled in a caravan on a dusty road until we reached a beach where there were more goods for sale. We booked this excursion for the “buggy adventure”. We had a beautiful beach at our hotel with no one trying to sell us stuff. The stop at the beach was, again, to get us to spend money. Back to our dusty buggies. The line of buggies just never thinned out and we breathed in dust, fumes and we were pelted with rocks from the buggy in front of us. This was DEFINITELY NOT AN ADVENTURE. If you’re looking for a thrilling off road ride this is not the excursion for you! Our daughters’ buggy broke down 3 times. The first time it broke down they lost the brakes. Good thing there was a car in front of her and we weren’t going fast! They tried to fix the brakes with a cable tie! The passenger’s seat belt was broken and they literally tied it in a knot. They finally gave them a new car. We did stop at a cave which was very cool but they did not educate us about it. When we got back I did some research on it and that was pretty cool. Overall I’d say it was organized, they were friendly but it was a very slow, hot, dusty caravan of loud buggies. There was no freedom to go faster as the caravan went at a snails pace. On a previous trip we took an ATV excursion that was very thrilling. Wishing we did that instead!
- pmjsk00The Blue Hole of DRThe water is so amazingly clear! it looks photo shopped, but you are seeing it with your own eyes! Wear swim apparel, water shoes and bring a towel because you want to get into this water! It's an experience you want!
- tyro200000Terrible customer serviceI just returned from my trip to the Dominican republic. I have to say this with a caveat because I don't want anyone to have a false impression of what this opinion is about. Suffice it to say I did not really enjoy my trip to the Dr at all.now that I got that off my chest let me discuss this particular excursion. The reason I selected this excursion is because I heard wonderful things about saona. the main reason I booked this excursion is because it promised a pickup from our resort in la Romana.the pickup time was slated to be at around 6 in the morning. However after waiting almost three hours the tour director showed up. I had to call New York internationally at considerable expense to myself. Only to get a run around several times and when the tour director actually showed up he made no apologies for the inconvenience. Nor did he seem to have any concern for being almost three hours late. I found that completely unacceptable and I'm not sure if this is a common practice for them although it seems to be. as for the excursion itself they took us via speedboat to the natural swimming pool area. This was certainly fine and without any issues. Then they took us to a lunch area where it was supposed to be a national park. There was no viewing of the national park it was simply a place for us to unwind and get lunch. This area was fine although I wish that they provided more meat they were bit stingy with handing out the pieces of chicken which were quite tasty. the catamaran ride was also fine I had no complaints with it whatsoever they were more than happy to provide drinks. And if anything it seems like everyone was on a constant mission to get all the Taurus drunk not sure why that was. overall I don't think I would come to this country ever again but for those of us who are choosing to travel here and pick this excursion please be aware that they probably will show up fashionably late and never own up to it people in my group were diabetic and so eating out of an appropriate time was very important these folks didn't seem to care less.
- Katrina K00Great Half-Day ExcursionGood: The staff was very friendly and we got an unexpected Caribbean dance show by the cave swim. Cave swim was very refreshing and clean. Felt very safe - the staff stopped traffic whenever we needed to cross the road and they had drivers go up and down the line to make sure everyone was okay. Macao beach is a MUST see! Beautiful beach (much better than Catalina Island). Overall, great trip if you are looking for a fun few hours! Critiques: It was very fast paced and you felt rushed with everything unless you "wanted to buy." Lots of hagglers on Macao beach wanted photos with animals (monkey, parrots, lizard). Helmets were available but not provided. Don't expect to go too fast as everyone is in a large line for safety (they won't let you drive if you zigzag or purposely tag behind to pick up speed). Notes: Not recommended for people prone to headaches as the pick-up/drop-off vehicle is open and is very bumpy - plus the boogies bottom out alot on the trails. Bandana is recommended (they are sold there for about $5-7USD). They also provide a free water bottle once you get to the beach for refreshment. Lastly, not recommended for anyone 5'4 or shorter (I am 5'2 and with 2 cushions behind me, still had to reach far to hold the wheel).
- Yvette S00Full day out on the water, to Saona Island with lunch providedWe booked this on the plan. It would be better to book at your hotel, and cheaper, but overall it was a great day away. Boat takes us to a chest high natural 'pool' and from there to Saona Island. Lots of fun finding tiny shells on the beach, with lunch provided. Vendors selling goods were not pushy there at all. Trip back is on a sailboat. Music was WAY too loud for most of us, and many seniors had cotton in their ears. Lots of drinks provided, and some very drunk passengers, but we could choose to participate or not. Overall a very nice day away from the hotel, on an adventure that the whole family could enjoy.
- 00IslandThey canceled on us at the last minute. Got an email day before at 11pm. Gave us no time to schedule anything else. This would not work both ways. Still waiting for refund.
- Amanda G00HorribleWe booked this and received an email from Viator stating that we had to call a number in order to "reconfirm" for a pickup time at our hotel. The number was not in service, so we paid a bunch of money for nothing. We also provided a phone number during booking, but were never contacted.
- Darkberri00Tui excursionsDo Not Dress for this … T-shirt and shorts, or t-shirt over your bikini or costume. Water pumps are as good, as you can rinse them on arrival back to the hotel. You are given a bandana to wear, because of the dusty road. If you can take your own pics, do so. We paid $45 U.S and received a Disk with our pics some of which had our heads chopped off, also taking irrelevant pics of the back of our heads, and someone else's holiday pics. The reason for only giving 4 * is that midway through the tour after you have taken the dip into the cold water of the cave, you are offered alcohol and a little snack to soak it up with. Be under no illusion that the pineapple wine tastes weak, on a hot day its easy to drink like water, but then the kick comes in when you get back in the 4x4 to drive. Macao Beach in March and the Blue Azul water is warm, I'm not a swimmer but I waded straight in...Lush. We returned for a 2nd time late June to the same beach but there was seaweed, that the water almost was brown. (Be aware hurricane season begins 1st week in July and causes the seaweed to churn up to the beach) We upgraded so our buddy had a roof to it.
- ajw036800Great Trip but Where are My PicturesEveryone could not have been nicer during our visit. The staff was great and accommodating and it was a ton of fun. Only disappointment was that when we got back they told us they could " not find the pictures" This was the main excursion we did and to not have any pictures really is not acceptable and incredibly sad. We were the group of four at 11:00 a.m. Please find our pictures.
Buy it with
Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach provided by Hoyo Azul Excursions
Product Overview: Punta Cana Buggy Adventure to Macao Beach
Number of Photos