The naturalistic tour visit to the lakes of Monticchio will start from the small lake with the visit of the abbey of St. Michael Archangel and the ruins of the abbey of Sant'Ippolito. The lakes occupy the crater mouths of the ancient volcano of Vulture 658 meters above sea level. The ring route will take you to visit the shores of the small lake really pleasant and uncontaminated until you reach along a slight climb the abbey of St. Michael the Archangel of the eighth century, built around a cave built by the Basilian monks present with settlements throughout the Southern Italy. Managed today by the Capuchin Fathers, it will be possible to visit the cave with the church with three naves and a small museum with wooden sculptures of the major Italian monuments and some cells of the friars. The visit continues going down towards the lakes and visiting the ruins of the 11th century abbey of Sant'Ippolito, also built by the Basilian monks.
per group (up to 15)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Italian
What's not included
- Licensed guide
- Private transportation
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- To be agreed
- Lago di Monticchio Piccolo, 85020 Atella PZ, Italy
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 32810P120
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture?
- Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture price starts from $199.72. Discover and book Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture on Tripadvisor
- What is the Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture cancellation policy?
- Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture?
- Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture is hosted by Le Terre Di Federico. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Le Terre Di Federico on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 32810P120
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Le Terre Di Federico
Trani, Puglia, Italy
Joined in March 2012
#2 of 8 Tours & Activities in Trani
- kpalmer73400ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO SEEThis was my second visit to the Roman Villa and every bit as exciting as the first time in 2019. Constant excavation and research is going on so it was delightful to see what had been discovered or even reassessed in a historical context from my last visit. The villa is an outstanding example of both visual storytelling and of the architectural detail of the time. Each room contains tiny detailed mosaics of hunting scenes, athletics, mythology and daily living. The “grand hall” is breathtaking in its detail of the capture of exotic creatures around the world. The entire villa speaks of the wealth of its owner (still tentative as of 10/23 as to who this was) and the culture of the time. We stayed approximately 2.5 hours but could have easily stayed an hour or two longer! There is a museum on site that can be easily missed but is fascinating as well! Wear your most comfy walking shoes when visiting this site!
- Patti4500Terrific Walking TourSeven of us toured Ostuni with Flo today and it was wonderful! We loved her knowledge of Ostuni history and her readiness to answer our wide-ranging crazy questions. She gave us tour choices several times so we felt like she developed our tour just for us.
- Vincent S00Padre Pio’s ShrineOur guide Teresa was just wonderful! She did such a great job of guiding us through both the old and new churches while faithfully explaining the life of our dear Padre Pio. We highly recommend her.
- rinniej202300excellent ambience, excellent service from your employeesThe hotel has very reliable internet connectivity, friendly staffs, clean environment with creativity. However, there is need to have a separate washbasin in the dining room Motivate clients with complementaries
- 882katej00Allow plenty of timeMuseum is open until 19:30. We arrived at 18:45 and were warned that there was a lot to see, and that we wouldn’t have enough time but decided to go in anyway and whizz round. There IS a lot to see, very interesting and with English translations, we regretted not allowing more time. However, by 19:10, staff were screaming “USCITA! USCITA!” at us and we were forced to leave, having paid €9 each for 25 minutes of viewing with staff trailing us. Lesson learned.
- PWSKIBUMS00Francesca is awesome and Gallipoli is beautifulWe spent a couple of hours in Gallipoli with Francesca, a native of the town, who took us all over the old town telling us about the history and the people and the way of life in Gallipoli. I especially loved all of the stories about the saints that are important in the town culture, the churches of the brotherhoods, etc. And she gave us a wonderful recommendation for lunch.
- Y326ZOfrankr00OutstandingIf you like the view and sound of the ocean at your doorstep, coupled with outstanding service, dining experience as well as the most pleasant staff, then you will enjoy a visit to this boutique hotel on the ocean.
- IndyBee00Highly recommend!Our family of 8 (parents, 6 young adults including spouse and significant other) arranged for a ride from Rome to Vieste. Over months as our plans changed, Leonardo was in constant communication and was extremely flexible and accommodating. His van was clean and comfortable and he was very efficient in our journey but also ensured our comfort. We have recommended him to friends traveling to Vieste later this month and will use him for any return trip. Highly recommend!
- 441wendellc00Excellent tour with an outstanding guide... BenExcellent tour with a knowledgable guide. Ben was very good and really "knew his stuff." The tour is well worth your time, and it"s free if you have a card from a participating library!
- Ed V00Meh. Just enjoy the town on your own.The tour was fine but not very insightful. It’s a beautiful place to walk around and enjoy. Not sure we really gained much from it.
- Tuurtje7500Excellent old roman villa with beautiful mosaicsReturning from valley of the temples don't mis this one, Unesco site Villa del Casale is a must see site in Sicily. The very old mosiac's in spendid condition think belonging to the best preserved in the world
- Roving3488185404100Real Scary Museum. In Maine. See Stephen King's house a few miles away. Then get bizarro in Hinkley Maine. Odd off the charts.See photos. Taxidermy gone bad. Skulls. A full stuffed bison. Pink flamingo turned grey. Endangered birds, mammals, bird eggs, all from "remember the day" way back when. Wife too scared to visit basement. The Bates Motel is not as scary as this Bates Museum
- jitjumlongh00Great place, great guideThis was one of the best tours of our South Italy trip. Lecce was a great place, and it was even greater with the understanding in history and detail, which made possible by our knowledgeable guide, Ilenia. She led our walk through many interesting places and even went beyond our expectations by going into some churches which, as I understood, was not previously included in our tour. It was truly enjoyable and informative.
- Michael E00Private guided tourOur guide Filippa was very knowledgeable and made it so interesting. The hour and a half your seemed to fly by.Very good value. Would recommend to anyone.
- robertcH8197YV00Informative and funOur local guide, Aurora, was excellent. She was very knowledgeable and gave us a lot of historical information about the place. She also talked about how paper mâché in Leece came about. Unfortunately, at the time of visit, the paper mâché store was on a break. She also shared with us some of the local sweets and snacks...which looked amazing. All in all, we had a very informative and fun couple of hours. With a private tour, you also get the guide's full attention too.....which is well worth the extra dollars.
Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture provided by Le Terre Di Federico
Product Overview: Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture
Number of Photos