This tour is designed for heritage travelers who like to see not only the famous "Three Temples" to the west of Kandy but also three temples of the beaten path, namely in Hindagala, Danthure, and Dodanwala. Though much smaller in size, each of them is special and of some historical significance. Our knowledgeable drivers have 5 years experience at least. They will provide historical background information about the heritage sites you visit on this tour.
per group (up to 3)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 8–10 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Air-conditioned Car
- Knowledgeable English speaking driver
- Passenger Insurance cover 500,000 LKR P.P
- Total fuel cost
- Total Parking charges
- Replacement vehicle in case of unlucky events - with new driver
- Road Tax & Insurance Tax
- 1000 ml bottled drinking water per person
- Cup of Herbal Tea
- Cup of Black Tea
- Entry fees of visiting site or activities
- Extra person in vehicle other than those who booked
- Extra excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
- Food, meals, other beverages than water
- Entry/Admission - Hindagala Temple
- Entry/Admission - Embekka Devalaya
- Entry/Admission - Lankatilaka Temple
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Gadaladenia
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We will be welcoming you in the lobby of your hotel or for your convenience at a meeting point of your choice in Kandy City. In case all travelers are picked up at the same hotel pickup times is the same as departure time.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 241263P7
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Day-trip from Kandy to 6 historical temples - Off the beaten path?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Day-trip from Kandy to 6 historical temples - Off the beaten path on Tripadvisor
- How much is Day-trip from Kandy to 6 historical temples - Off the beaten path?
- Day-trip from Kandy to 6 historical temples - Off the beaten path price starts from $78.00. Discover and book Day-trip from Kandy to 6 historical temples - Off the beaten path on Tripadvisor
- What is the Day-trip from Kandy to 6 historical temples - Off the beaten path cancellation policy?
- Day-trip from Kandy to 6 historical temples - Off the beaten path cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Day-trip from Kandy to 6 historical temples - Off the beaten path on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Day-trip from Kandy to 6 historical temples - Off the beaten path?
- Day-trip from Kandy to 6 historical temples - Off the beaten path is hosted by Lanka Excursions Holidays. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Lanka Excursions Holidays on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Day-trip from Kandy to 6 historical temples - Off the beaten path on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 241263P7
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Embekka DevalayaStop: 30 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Lankatilaka TempleStop: 40 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Temple of the GadaladeniaStop: 30 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4PilimathalawaStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5DanthureStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 6DodamwalaStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 7New Ranweli Spice GardenStop: 30 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Lanka Excursions Holidays
Negombo, Sri Lanka
Joined in January 2017
#48 of 540 Outdoor Activities in Negombo
- Michelle G00Amazing fortnight in Sri LankaWe discovered Nuwan’s company online and were really impressed with the detailed knowledge about Sri Lanka and itineraries available. Unfortunately Nuwan was not available for our dates but he found us an amazing driver (Alex) so we were really happy. We also managed to meet Nuwan in Kandy for a drinks and dinner as we were there at the same time! We couldn’t fault the service at all - Nuwan a total professional, and Alex great. For the actual trip - we are a family of four - two adults and two teenage boys (15 and 17) and we loved Sri Lanka. We worked on the itinerary with Nuwan and tweaked it as we went along with Alex. The first week we did lots of activities (hiking, walking, zip lines, temples, tea factories, spice gardens etc) and second week more beach and relaxation. It was perfect. Nuwan’s company made you feel part of a family as opposed to just another group of tourists on a tour. I would highly recommend.
- 773dilinit00Nuwan was our Guide Sri Lanka & Highley Recommend his ServicesWe inquire him for a day out program for 8 families. And we were almost 25 persons with kids. So he booked a hotel with a swimming pool and arranged a swimming coach to give some swimming lessons for the kids. Food was excellent and the location too. We were using an other company since five years. And we came a cross his website so we thought to change the company. Likely Nuwan came with us and he showed us some sites en route to the hotel with a small city tour of Negombo. Which was not included and not in the itinerary we requested. But it was a amazing 1 hour tour in the city. Even though we are Sri Lankan we would have missed those places without him. We wish all the best for Nuwan and his company and we highly recommend!!!
- julians91700Great visit to Kandy Perahera festivalNuwan, the owner, is very knowledgeable, articulate and explains things well. He arranged a bespoke two day tour with accommodation to see the perahera festivals in Kandy and accompanied us throughout, including taking effective action at the time when we momentarily feared being crushed due to arbitrary action by the police. He got us good seats and advised us well on the best accommodation. He got us a free upgrade to full board and agreed at short notice to add in an extra tour to the gardens at no cost when we had previously said we would stay the morning in the hotel. Recommended. Not cheap but I think that was due to extra charges for the perahera.
- SILVIA M00Wonderful and amazing experienceWe contracted our vacation with Nuwan and it was the best choice we could do. Nuwan has been the best guide ever, his van is perfect clean and so comfortable it make our trip so easy and it is an excellet guide, he knows everything about his wonderful country and he is a passionate of it. He took care of every detail and also is a good solver in front the little things that can appear in the way. He also get along so good with the kids and help everything to go smooth. For sure, if we travel again to Sri Lanka we will contact Nuwan, we have a friend in Sri Lanka. Vam contractar les nostres vacances amb Nuwan i va ser la millor opció que podiem escollir, el Nuwan és un gran coneixador del país i et fa el viatge molt fàcil, amb els nens es porta súper bé, sempre busca activitats per fer amb ells i els nens queden encantats i els pares també, és súper flexible, i sempre t’ajuda, la seva furgoneta està impecable i si sorgeix qualsevol problema en ruta, ell el soluciona. Si tornem a Sri Lanka, segur que contactem amb el Nuwan tenim un bon amic a Sri Lanka.
- L4252IDwilliamb00Fantastic Day Trip to Delft IslandWe stumbled across this company whilst in Sri Lanka with the objective of discovering the best way to get to Delft Island. From the moment we got in contact with this company, Newan was unbelievably helpful. On very short notice, he arranged a 2 hour transfer to and from the boat pick up point and on even shorter notice, a speed boat. we were unfortunately directed onto the wrong boat by locals at the port, which took is to the wrong island. Be aware that if you miss the first boat, it will be nearly impossible to get to the island that day for free. At this point, Newan sprung to action and helped us get there via a private boat. I will say that although the boat was more expensive, certainly when considering the transfer should have been free, it was much faster and a lot more fun! I would not recommend if you have a bad back! When we arrived at the island, we were given a 3 hour Tuk Tuk tour of the island that was completely worth it (all arranged by the company); we were then taken for a lunch at a place called ‘village stay’. The curries offered were fantastic and we were also given some complimentary beers and water through the company. At this point we made our way back home, having all the transport pre-arranged was incredibly helpful. I would highly recommend this service, it was completely worth the price.
- Shantini1000More than just a guide … a reliable friendNuwan has been my trusted guide who also provides me with airport pick up services every time I land in Sri Lanka. My flights (from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) always land around midnight. He is always on time waiting for me and takes me safely to my family home. My family too does not worry about my safety as we all trust him. Trust is something built over time and with Nuwan, he has earned it. I first engaged Nuwan’s services when another horrible guide left me and my family stranded at Sigiriya. It was he who came to our rescue and this was 5 years ago. Since then, I have returned many times to Sri Lanka for short trips to visit my family and I have only engaged his services as it is always reliable. During my recent visit to Sri Lanka, I was wheelchair bound and he patiently waited for me and was very concerned of my situation. I have travelled the world but I have yet to meet a guide who is at par with Nuwan.
- akshayk202300Nuwan - best guide in Sri Lanka!Nuwan was amazing! We are so glad we chose him to be our guide, driver on our short Sri Lankan trip! His car is clean and very well maintained. We were 3 people and we had the whole car/van for ourselves! I would suggest Nuwan to anyone who wants to have a lovely person show them around Sri Lanka
- kumarswamydental00Excellent and comfortableNuwan was an excellent and entertaining driver.His van was very comfortable.I recommend that the people travelling to Sri Lanka travel with him. Atharva Kumarswamy 8 years Mumbai
- TheLlDs00Five Star Holiday with a Five Star GuideAn amazing bespoke three week trip with our fantastic guide and driver, Nuwan. As a registered tourist agency guide, Nuwan could get priority fuel at bus depots all over Sri Lanka, so fuel was not a problem. Highlights were seeing the elephants, climbing Sigirya mountain, going to Yala National Park, surfing at Arugumbay, Snorkelling at Pigeon Island, seeing sharks and turtles .. we experienced it all in beautiful Sri Lanka. We encountered no problems as reported in the media and even drove past the presidential palace. Nuwan was such great company and so knowledgeable, he really looked after us all and made our holiday unforgettable.
- F1831PAdavidr00An amazing tour guideNuwan is by far the best guide I’ve ever had in my life. He’s always taking care of every detail to make your stay as good as it gets. 101% recommended
- Mike S00Highly Recommend Nuwan and Lanka Excursions for your Sri Lanka adventuresI went to Sri Lanka in Feb 2022 with a small group of travel bloggers. Nuwan, the owner of Lanka Excursions, was our guide for this remarkable two week excursion. We have all traveled the world with lots of tour operator experience, Nuwan and his team are the best in the business! He truly cares about his guests well-being and over all experience. Nuwan is very passionate about his country and enjoys sharing it with others. His mini-van is clean, comfortable and well maintained. His knowledge and communication skills are outstanding (he speaks very good English, as well as Italian). If you're looking to visit Sri Lanka, I encourage you to reach out to Lanka Excursions for custom or per-planned vacation packages. Drop me a line if you have any questions.
- Sherazmanzoor199700Awesomewe had a tour from kandy. Our driver, he is very nice person and very knowledgeable person. Car very clean and new car, i would recommend him to everyone.
- 376divyag00Excellent Trip with a Great Tour OperatorAmazing and Memorable trip. Mr Nuwan , our guide cum drive cum tour operator made this trip a memorable one. He is very passionate and explained about the culture, traditions and history of Sri Lanka. With more than 20 years of experience, he has a good network. The trip to Kandy - Tooth relic temple and to the stunning beaches of Bentota and Weligama was very exciting. Though our whale watching got cancelled, he tried his best to reschedule it for another day. Thank you Nuwan!
- 704shanakap00Sri Lankan best tour operator.Excellent driver, always followed Covid-19 guidelines. Sanitized the all touching places whenever the vehicle stops at any place. Vehicle was superb and very comfortable. We are highly recommending Lanka Excurtions Holidays
- prashantsF158XB00First House stay & visit to near by tourist attractionsIf you are looking for a place which is out of daily hustle of the city and love to be with tranquilizing nature then 'First house' in Mihintale is the one you need. Hosted by Nuwan a modest man who is well experienced in tourism industry and is ready to extend all possible help to plan your trip. His mother a very soft spoken lady, great cook and takes all the pain happily to maintain all house and premise. Rohan, Nuwan elder brother a real kind hearted person who always spare some time from his busy schedule to make your smooth visits to all nearby tourist attractions with 'Rangana' by his side. Rangana is well behaved and has articulated the best tourist guide in his tuk tuk ride. Having hot Sri Lankan breakfast in the varandha whilst watching and listening to the chirps of all the birds around makes me relive my best memories. Even, I was fortunate to attend Rohan's family function and short tour for wild life watching. For me the First house will be certain place in the next Sri Lankan visit to meet my buddy Nuwan, Rohan & Loving Amma