Choose between a single or double kayak 1-hour hire for while exploring Bribie Island National Park. This is one of the best self-guided adventures you can do in the Sunshine Coast region. The helpful staff are always ready to give you the best advice regarding negotiating the wind and tides out on the water, so you can make the most out of your time on the Pumicestone Passage.
Upon arriving you will need to:
• Complete paperwork, i.e. waiver and hire agreement
• Fit safety equipment, e.g. PFDs. All PFDs (Personal Floatation Devices) and paddles provided with kayak hire.
• Safety briefing, recommendations and limitations while out on the water.
• Paddling instruction and proficiency check if required.
• If confident on the water, participants can explore the passage on their own, within stated limits, dependent upon tide direction.
• If not so confident on the water, participants can stay close to the business and instructors while they perfect their stroke, while they gain the confidence to paddle independently and return to starting point.
• After exploring the passage, return equipment to the point of hire.