You can enjoy tea fields surrounded by Japan's beautiful nature, which is usually prohibited to enter. ( Depends on the weather/season, we cannot enter there) Escape the big city as a family! The central Kyoto is too crowded and don't know what to do/ where to go with your kids? You should come and join our Ujitawara tour! You can be surrounded by beautiful Japan's nature, and enjoy tea picking (If it is the season), having tea outdoor. Your children can also enjoy running and playing outdoor! Sometimes our guides bring their children, too. So your children can make local playmates!
per group (up to 5)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 4h 30m
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Equipment for making matcha and some games and toys children can enjoy.
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Soen Koyuan Yantan
- Entry/Admission - Birthplace of Soen Nagatani
- Entry/Admission - Ujitawara-cho
- Matcha sweets at the cafe
- Departure details
- 宗円交遊庵 やんたん, Japan, 〒610-0221 Kyoto, Tsuzuki District, Ujitawara, 湯屋谷尾Obana−華２１ We stand in front of the Yantan center.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 124397P7
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Family picnic in a Tea Field?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Family picnic in a Tea Field on Tripadvisor
- How much is Family picnic in a Tea Field?
- Family picnic in a Tea Field price starts from $269.19. Discover and book Family picnic in a Tea Field on Tripadvisor
- What is the Family picnic in a Tea Field cancellation policy?
- Family picnic in a Tea Field cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Family picnic in a Tea Field on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Family picnic in a Tea Field?
- Family picnic in a Tea Field is hosted by Kyoto with Kids. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Kyoto with Kids on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Family picnic in a Tea Field on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 124397P7
Reserve your spot
- You'll start at宗円交遊庵 やんたんJapan, 〒610-0221 Kyoto, Tsuzuki District, Ujitawara, 湯屋谷尾Obana−華２１We stand in front of the Yantan center.See address & details
- 1Soen Koyuan YantanStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Birthplace of Soen NagataniStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Daijingu Shrine (Chaso Myojin Shrine)Stop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Kyoto with Kids
Joined in February 2019
#9 of 144 Fun & Games in Kyoto
- codyvo00Our kids loved it!We were looking for somewhere the kids could get some cultural experiences and this was great! In an afternoon they made rice balls, did origami, wore kimonos and much more. Thanks to the amazing team for showing our kids a great time.
- Gavin Oliver Ai... F00Great experience for the whole family in Arashimaya!Travelled with a family of 12 with an 8 month old, 6, 7, and 8 year olds. Though the hike up the hill could potentially pose a challenge for the elderly, it sure was worth it after reaching the top! The kids really enjoyed feeding the monkeys and the view from the top was breathtaking! We also visited a bamboo forest and a little temple while Yumiko, our guide, taught us how to pray to the Gods the Japanese way. She also recommended a restaurant that offered traditional food and that was to die for! Highly recommend!
- DionneKaye00Beautiful ArashiyamaArashiyama is one of the most picturesque cities near Kyoto. This was my second time visiting this beautiful town and having a guide surely helps navigate this touristy town. We enjoyed our tour with Kyotowithkids because they are very flexible and easy to communicate with. We were picked up from our accommodation and we used the train to travel to Arashiyama. We visited the monkey park and the kids had a blast feeding monkeys! The hike up is pleasurable but can be a little tiring for older people. My five year old was able to do it with no problem! We also got to experience the bamboo grove and we visited a local temple where our guide Yumiko was able to explain Japanese customs and traditions. After the tour, our guide helped us pick a lunch spot and it was excellent and most of all kid friendly. She also pointed out a store specializing in warabimochi that I would have otherwise missed. This tour is great for families to experience what Arashiyama has to offer!
- brookejas00Kids ClubOur 2 daughters joined this ‘Kyoto With Kids’ class and enjoyed it immensely. They loved all the activities and we loved having 4 hours to ourselves that we could use to discover Kyoto on bikes, enjoy a more special meal and experience the temples. The girls completed so many activities, arts and crafts and learned a lot about Japanese culture during their time there. The ladies were so lovely, doted over our kids and made them feel so special. No wonder our kids begged us to go back the next day, of which we were more than happy to oblige. We felt very lucky to have been part of this experience - it was the kids highlight in Kyoto. Highly recommend.
- Chikayo T00Fun and excellent hospitalityThey are well prepared and accommodated my daughter perfectly! Lots of fun Japanese traditional activities and we felt comfortable right away. My daughter learned many things very quickly as she got much attention from organizer. Highly recommend this program for kids from overseas with any age!
- crickettemarie00FABULOUS afternoon at the Daruma Kids Club!My family spent three months in Japan this summer and our afternoon at the Daruma Temple was definitely a top highlight of our trip! My sons (ages 2 and 6) adore the staff of Family Experience Japan who were so caring and fun that the kids were immediately at ease. I did quite a bit of research on childcare in Kyoto, and can attest that this company is FABULOUS. Their staff is not only delightful and competent, but exceedingly professional. Daruma temple is located in a quaint Enmachi neighborhood and a treasure for all those who have a chance to visit, but the Kids Club was special in that we were able to enjoy many areas unseen by the public. And while the kids were playing in the garden with our hosts, my husband and I learned about Zen and even had a moment to meditate with the resident monk. It was an unforgettable afternoon that left us all feeling uplifted. Thank you so much to wonderful Noriko and Miho of Family Experience Japan!!! We will miss you … until our next trip to Kyoto!
- yumcomnet00Wonderful service!We were lucky to discover this program just before we left on our trip. Our daughters, aged 7 and 2, loved everything so much they’re saying they want to come to Japan to join the program again! While they were being taken care of, we visited the national museum and Sanjusan Gendo and we could enjoy both places in peace and quiet.
- torikuma2700Great experience!!子どもも大人も楽しめました。子どもへの教え方も上手で・・よかったです。6歳になる、息子ですが、着物を着て友禅型染の体験はとっても楽しかったようです。We had a wonderful experience. Thank you for the simple and understandable manner in which you are teaching. My child aged 6 was having a lot of fun especially for wearing kimono to try yuzen experience. It was Really valuable experience for our whole family. Additionally, he enjoyed to make a green tea (Matcha) in an ancient style using Chasen. Horin temple（Darumadera）is very impressive place for us.
- Pheldda00English speaking fun for kids!I found them through a Facebook Group. I brought my 2 year old , even though I knew he is a little young for the activities. The temple is super easy to find and very close to the JR lines ( and lots of buses too!) I was greeted by two friendly “ Children Ambassadors “ who spoke really good English. Then I met the mothers and got to see the beautiful temple. My Son was too shy to leave my side, but if he had they would have played with him while I got to drink some Local tea by myself in their zen garden. We dressed my son up in Kimono and took him to the bell- which they encouraged him to ring! I am looking forward to doing another event with them- Maybe even a cooking class for myself!
- Emi D00Japanese cultural experience for kids, highly recommendedWe visited the event at the temple with friends from outside of Kyoto. All kids really enjoyed tons of Japanese cultural activities. Highly recommended for expats family and tourists who need babysitting and kid-sitting services in Kyoto.
- mmmtrv00Great experience traditional Japanese culture with the whole family.娘と一緒に参加しました。様々な日本の伝統文化を体験できてとても楽しかったです。 娘は着物を着た事がとても嬉しそうでした。娘が折り紙の体験をしている間、私は茶室で抹茶とお菓子を頂き、ゆったりとした良い時間を過ごす事ができました。 スタッフのみなさんもとても親切で家族で楽しめる素晴らしいイベントでした。
- J1638LEemmap00Very sweet Family FestivalMy husband and I and two kids (5yr and 3yrs) are visiting Kyoto and picked up a leaflet about this festival at the tourist office. We took the train and it was only a short walk to the lovely temple where this festival is. Everyone was SO friendly and helpful, the kids had a go at everything - painting, origami, kimono costume, ringing the big bell in the temple. We even had our picture taken with the resident monk. Entrance is free but bring cash because most of the activities are extra.
- Anyuri21200impressive experienceMy daughter enjoyed the program for two days. They provides many kinds of activities and nice meals. Kids canexperience Japanese traditional activities such as India ink paintings and fabric dyed by the Japanese 'yuzen' technique. Teachers are all fluent in English and professional for taking care of children. The location is easy to walk from subway station. We definitely want to try this again!
- dadazo57400家族で楽しめました！子供はトートバッグの型染体験が楽しかったようです。好きな型と色を使って、オリジナルのトートバッグが出来上がりました。子供を預かってもらい、普段は非公開のお茶室でお茶をいただくこともできます。My children had a good time with making an original bag. That was a valuable experience for her.
- lovekyoto33000子連れで楽しめました！達磨寺のイベントに伺いました。こどもたちは、エコバッグの型染体験、大人はお茶室でお抹茶をいただきました。こどもたちはスタッフの方が見ててくださり、普段未公開というお茶室で静かな時間を過ごすことができした。 Children enjoyed Japanese paiting experience. The staff are so kind, and they were taking care of my kids while we enjoy ed Match, green tea experience . We had a great time! Thank you so much!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
No results found. Try removing a filter, changing your search, or clear all to read reviews.
Buy it with
Family picnic in a Tea Field provided by Kyoto with Kids
Product Overview: Family picnic in a Tea Field
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos