(SKU: LK42877600) Enjoy swift, comfortable and hassle-free transport from Yala City to Udawalawe City. Your friendly, punctual and professional driver will drive you in the comfort of a private, air-conditioned vehicle. It’s that easy!
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 1–2 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- One-way ground transfer
- 1-Liter Water Bottle Per Person
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Food and drinks
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Yala, Sri Lanka Your Hotel in Yala
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Udawalawa, Sri Lanka Your Hotel in Udawalawa
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 16052P698
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Yala City to Udawalawe City Private Transfer?
- Yala City to Udawalawe City Private Transfer price starts from $34.00. Discover and book Yala City to Udawalawe City Private Transfer on Tripadvisor
- What is the Yala City to Udawalawe City Private Transfer cancellation policy?
- Yala City to Udawalawe City Private Transfer cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Yala City to Udawalawe City Private Transfer on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Yala City to Udawalawe City Private Transfer?
- Yala City to Udawalawe City Private Transfer is hosted by Lakpura LLC (Tissamaharama). Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Lakpura LLC (Tissamaharama) on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Yala City to Udawalawe City Private Transfer on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Yala City to Udawalawe City Private Transfer?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 1h. Discover and book Yala City to Udawalawe City Private Transfer on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 16052P698
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Joined in April 2013
#28 of 741 Transportation in Colombo
- 214dexs00Chamara is the man!!! Best tour ever!We had the best time with Chamara. He is a really down-to-earth dude who was funny and knowledgeable about the reserve's wildlife (his English was perfect too). He pointed out animals we would have never seen otherwise. At one point, we had 2 families of elephants all to ourselves bathing in the mud and drinking water (one baby fake charged us & did the trumpet noise). Be sure to ask him about male elephants during mating season- he has some stories! He brought sandwiches for our mid-day lunch that were surprisingly delicious. Near the end of the tour, he saw what was likely a leopard in the distance walking along the road before it turned away into the bush. They're a very rare sight, so we spent a good amount of time trying to track it to no avail (it was still very exciting and fun). Overall, the experience alone was 100% worth flying across the planet for, but Chamara made it even better. If you can choose your guide, choose Chamara.
- JimmyRajkot_India00Scenic Train Ride in SrilankaOne of the must do activity in Srilanka is to undertake a Scenic Train ride. We undertook the train ride early in the morning from Peradeniya Junction to Ela Station near Nuwara Eliya. Advance booking is recommended as this tends to fill up in tourist season. The train compartment is air conditioned and light snacks are sold by vendors who come to sell in your compartment.
- BasB0400Great experience, with a lot elephants :)Seen a lot of elephants! Nice driver, really did his best to get us close as possible and he wasn’t in a rush which was really nice.
- 115leena00Highly recommend!Experience was great start to finish! We were in mirissa and so we were planning on taking a taxi to the park. Mewan, the safari operator was super helpful and arranged a package for us that included transport to/from mirissa along with the park tickets, jeep, and guide. We had a beautiful afternoon driving through and saw lots of stunning birds (I didn’t think I’d be so amazed by them!), elephants, iguanas, and other cool animals. All round good time, recommend this tour :)
- Wendy T00Magical sunset elephants and wildlifeThis was such a magical experience for our whole family! To see elephants at sunset was one of the highlights of our entire trip. The guide and driver were both really experienced and answered all the questions we had about birds, wildlife and of course, elephants! My daughter kept a tally and we saw 30 elephants in 6 or 8 distinct groups. In addition to elephants, we saw numerous green bee eaters, kingfishers, storks, egrets, hawks and eagles. We watched as a crocodile caught fish and an eagle ate lizards from a tree. There were mongoose, hares and tons of adorable monkeys. We learned a lot about how old the elephants are and about their lives, as well as understanding more about how climate change is affecting their water supply and population.
- Q2285NKstephaniec00Maybe we were unlucky?We went on a morning Safari in August, starting at 6am - 9am. Our hotel booked a safari visit for us which cost $150 - which we later found out was very steep! In the park we saw lots of animals including deer, buffalo, wild boar, crocodiles, stalks and a few elephants (though only from quite far away). Our favourite moment was sitting at the lake watching the birds and crocodiles searching for and eating fish. Unfortunately we did not see a leopard and it was difficult to understand our guide as he didn’t speak clear English. We did three safaris in Sri Lanka (Kaudulla and Udawalawe too) and this was our least favourite though we may have just been unlucky! If you’re deciding between morning or afternoon, go in the afternoon!
- channa e00Great experience during last week1 / 1 It was a unique experience during your visit to Yala last week. The drought conditions might have indeed influenced the behavior of the animals and the overall environment. Drought can impact the availability of water sources, which in turn affects the movement and behavior of wildlife. Animals often congregate around limited water sources during such times, so it's possible that you observed fewer animals than usual due to the water scarcity. The presence of a lot of dust could also be attributed to the dry conditions caused by the drought. Reduced vegetation and lack of rainfall can lead to dry and dusty environments, especially in areas like Yala that are prone to seasonal droughts. Despite the challenges posed by the drought, experiences like these offer a unique perspective on how ecosystems and wildlife adapt to changing conditions. It's a reminder of the delicate balance in nature and how various factors, including climate patterns, can impact the lives of animals and the environment as a whole.
- Rachel_2748700Great Safari!I booked a private safari for 12 people as part of a company gathering with a team of different nationalities and ages. Ashan was very responsive throughout the easy booking process and made my life much easier! The team really enjoyed the tour and loved seeing the elephants but all of the different animals they wouldn't have spotted on their own. Great experience all round
- V7452MKchrisr00Great TripWe did a morning trip to see the elephants. If was a great experience and the driver was very knowledgeable as well as the park guide we had with us. This is a great way to remind ourselves that we have a lot to protect from climate change.
- beatrice g00Wonderful!!!My husband and I recently took part in the Polonnaruwa Ancient Kingdom and Wild Elephant Safari tour from Habarana. We had a fantastic time and received excellent care throughout the day. Our guide was both professional and friendly, making us feel completely at ease. Even during the safari, we had the opportunity to enjoy a splendid day and were lucky enough to witness a stunning location teeming with animals. We wholeheartedly recommend this tour!
- lwalawala00Tour with ChamaraOur tour with Chamara was great - he was very knowledgeable, attentive and had a good eye for where the wildlife is. We saw lots of wildlife (including numerous elephants up close). We would definitely recommend this tour.
- Hols96900Perfect if Elephants are your thingIf elephants are your thing then this is the place to go, so many to see, we were recommended the afternoon slot as more elephants around as they have come out of the forest to drink Fabulous guide supplied by the National Park as well who was very friendly and spoke excellent English (we booked via Navin Lanka Tours for a few days who was excellent as well but not on this safari) Make sure you have hats, sun cream etc as it is an open top jeep so you can stand up and admire them. Fabulous afternoon
- 392pennyl00A little disappointing- not as many animals around as we expected when we visited.We visited on 1st August 2023 and did the afternoon safari. We had never done anything like this before so probably had unrealistic expectations, based on the marketing material, posters etc. and were therefore disappointed. In the 4 hours we were driving around the National park we saw 2 elephants ( one in the distance and one closer, just visible through the trees), a few water buffalo, three deer and some peacocks and other birds. As we left the park we saw monkeys just outside. Unfortunately there were no leopards to be found on this occassion and even the jeep driver expressed disappointment that more animals couldn’t be found. All in all a pleasant experience but when you book you need to be aware that the advertised animals may not be visible. Binoculars would have been useful too so if you have them - take them with you.
- Trail1539598549900Great place to stay.The place is great but t being off season you could easily find the lack in detail. No offence, overall a great experience but not perfection. I am determined, in season this place is magnificent.
- 223palanik00Must visitVisiting Horton Plains National Park with my family was an unforgettable experience! The natural beauty of the park left us in awe from the moment we stepped in. The vast grasslands, mist-covered valleys, and stunning waterfalls created a picturesque landscape that was a treat for the eyes and soul. Exploring the park's trails together was a bonding moment for our family. The World's End viewpoint offered breathtaking panoramic vistas, and we were lucky to catch a glimpse of some unique wildlife, including sambar deer and colorful birds. The hike to Baker's Falls was refreshing and invigorating, surrounded by lush greenery and the soothing sound of the cascading water. The diversity of flora and fauna amazed us, and we appreciated the park's conservation efforts to protect its natural treasures. We were also mesmerized by the enchanting beauty of the cloud forest at the famous Mini World's End. The tranquility and serenity of the place made it an ideal spot to relax and enjoy quality time with our loved ones. Overall, Horton Plains National Park provided us with an opportunity to connect with nature and each other in a meaningful way. It's a must-visit destination for families who seek adventure, natural wonders, and unforgettable memories.