per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 1-99, max of 8 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Departure details
- Shibuya Station, 2 Chome-24 Shibuya, Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0002, Japan We will send an email as confirmation
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 67236P12
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Snacks are vegan
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Discovering Shibuya?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Discovering Shibuya on Tripadvisor
- How much is Discovering Shibuya?
- Discovering Shibuya price starts from $28.18. Discover and book Discovering Shibuya on Tripadvisor
- What is the Discovering Shibuya cancellation policy?
- Discovering Shibuya cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Discovering Shibuya on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Discovering Shibuya?
- Discovering Shibuya is hosted by Urban Trekkers. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Urban Trekkers on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Discovering Shibuya on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 67236P12
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atShibuya Station2 Chome-24 Shibuya, Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0002, JapanWe will send an email as confirmationSee address & details
- 1HachikoStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 2Starbucks Coffee - Shibuya TsutayaStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 3Shibuya Nonbei YokochoStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in March 2018
#11 of 65 Tours & Activities in Asakusa
- Xing M00Tea Ceremony - Beautiful & Culturally FascinatingWhen I arrived I was pleasantly surprised to find I was having a private session, which, for me, was great because I always have hundreds of questions but feel unable to ask them all when others are in a group. A lovely Japanese lady, Yukiko, showed me the movements, techniques and courtesies of the Tea ceremony before performing the ceremony itself, and also answered my many questions with great detail. Very relaxed with no pressure, and very kind if I made an error or bowed at the wrong time. The tea itself and the wagashi sweet were delicious. Opportunities to take photos, a great insight into this cultural practise.
- Alessandra P00Enchanting Tea ceremony Experience.I attended a private tea ceremony and I really enjoyed my time there.A traditionally dressed woman, Yukiko, sat me down and explained all the formalities before gave me a very elegant and impressive Tea Ceremony demonstration. I was then able to ask her questions (she speaks Japanese, English, French and Italian) to which I received professional and knowledgeable answers. She was definitely very informative and her passion for this art was amazing. A thoroughly enjoyable and worthwhile experience!
- tcatlover00Wnderful experience!I have attended a Japanese sake tasting. The sake we tasted were all excellent quality from various locations in Japan and of course very good! The explanations about the sake were very informative and it was wonderful experience. Strongly recommended.
- rgeoffrion7700Tea Ceremony and Japanese CalligraphyThis is a highly recommended introductory activity to Japanese customs and traditions. It is located in a studio with partial views of Tokyo Tower and dedicated to this purpose. Mrs Yukiko and the hosts wore beautiful traditional Japanese kimonos and demonstrated the tea ceremony with great skill; overall it was a highly relaxing, meditative experience. We learned to appreciate the Japanese attachment to calm environments and traditional customs. We got to sample traditional green tea and Japanese sweets. After the tea ceremony, the hosts were knowledgeable and very patient with our minimal calligraphy skills. We even got to take home a souvenir of our family name in beautiful Japanese characters. Highly enjoyable for adults of all ages and likely suitable for teenagers. Offered in both English and French.
- Takayuki H00Very NiceGreatly appreciated their flexibility to give us the tea lesson and the Japanese calligraphy. The teacher was very nice and explained it well. The teacher made the experience much better. 5 star experience in Japan!
- Chirolin B00Wonderful experience of tea ceremony!It was as if dropping in a different world even though it is not far from Ueno. The tea room and atmospher was excellent. You can enjoy not only being part of tea ceremony but also making a bowl of tea with their help. The Japanese sweet was very good as well. They were friendly and I liked their explanations about Japanese tea, kimono and such. It was fun and meaningful. I'd like to visit there again!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Sep 2019 • Friends
Decouverte de Tokyo avec une bande d amis en compagnie de Marion. Une excellente guide. Des explications historiques, sociales très pertinentes. Tres à l ecoute de nos envies. Une super demi-journée
Written January 23, 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Discovering Shibuya provided by Urban Trekkers
Product Overview: Discovering Shibuya
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos