You observe the traditional performing arts: Kenbai literary means dance with a sword. Kenbai has a long history. In the Edo-period it was performed in order to pray for dead Samurai. Now, local residents including children take over the performance. You can feel the spirit of the local history and interact with dancers.
Duration: 1–2 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Japanese, English
- Private transportation
End:This activity ends back at the meeting point.
- Suehirocho, Miyako, Iwate 027-0084, Japan
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 238553P4
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 238553P4
- You'll start atSuehirochoSuehirocho, Miyako, Iwate 027-0084, JapanSee address & details
- Pass byIwate Prefecture
- You'll return to the starting point