My family rented The Shamrock Lodge for Thanksgiving, a real mistake. The interior was decorated in what I suppose was intended to be shabby chic, but was actually shabby cheap. "Dining chairs" were too short for the table that had exposed nail heads sticking up on top. The dressers were so cheap that the drawers were barely functional.
The house cleaning crew did what I considered to be their job, clean beds and a surface cleaning. However, this house is NOT clean. The walls are grimy, the closets have spiders, and the overall effect is dark and dingy. It is in serious need of a deep cleaning.
The bar top in the kitchen is not food safe. It is made of wooden planks with gaps between them and is not food safe. The gaps between the boards are full of detritus and God only knows what bacteria. It cannot be cleaned adequately to make it sanitary.
We also had the upstairs apartment. It was lovely, light and airy and appeared clean. However, anyone... more