We stayed at Fortune House from July 5, 2014, through July 12. The location was perfect! The beach was beautiful. The house – not so much. This home needs quite a bit of work and updating. The living area and kitchen was not so bad, but the bedrooms and bathrooms were pretty disgusting. Some of the problems we noticed included the following:
1. Sloppy, broken molding around the flooring in the bathrooms.
2. Outdated linoleum floors.
3. Missing toilet paper roll holder in the common bathroom.
4. Broken windowsill in one of the master bedrooms.
5. Missing blinds and broken blinds in the double queen bedroom – had to dress in the bathroom or in the dark, otherwise the people across the street or on the road would receive a show. ☹
6. The queen bed mattresses were lumpy and on old box springs and rusted bed frames.
7. No headboard on one of the king beds and 2 queen beds that led us to discover dusty dirty box springs when the pillows fell behind the... more