The biggest danger issue with the cabin is the stairs leading into and out of the cabin. The owner himself took a fall while trying to help us up the steps. He and his wife told me during our stay that his injury was bad enough for him to have to go to the hospital and be unable to come back to the cabin for our departure as originally planned. My son in law, an architect was surprised that such short steps were approved by the code. When we were leaving my husband took a fall on the steps that caused his arm to be bruised and beyond scraped. My husband literally wiped off the stairs and dried them with a towel before our grandchildren came down them when we were leaving. The owners also told us not to use the fireplace if there were children because it was not safe.
On the comfort issue - If the heat is turned on the upstairs gets way to hot (the owners told us not to turn the heat over 60 at night), When the heat is turned down the people downstairs are uncomfortably... more