My wife, our seven-year-old and I stayed for two nights in the lower of the property's two bungalows. We had a great time, and recommend GreenLagoon -- but it's not a bargain!
- An incredibly lovely site, high above La Fortuna on the edge of the cloud forest next to Cerro Chato, the Arenal volcano's dormant little sibling. Wonderful views of the valley and the forest from the bungalow's small porch.
- Right next to the La Fortuna river waterfall, well worth the short walk. With a 7-year-old we walked the longer, more rigorous trail to Cerro Chato for a little while (it's stunning and well-kept) but we had to turn around well short of the summit. Proximity of these trails means plenty to do without leaving the immediate area.
- Very clean, spacious, and well-designed accommodations. A well-functioning kitchenette.
- A very friendly and accommodating staff. Responded quickly to any requests.
- Costa Rican-owned and very committed to environmental... more