On the web:
- Frommer’s Boston
- Let's Go Boston
- Ethnics & Enclaves : Boston 's Italian North End, by William M. De Marco
- A Century of Boston Sports, by Richard A. Johnson
- Mystic River , by Denis Lehane (would also add his previous five novels in the Patrick Kenzie/Angie Gennaro series, beginning with A Drink Before The War)
- Back Bay or Harvard Yard, by William Martin
- All Souls : A Family Story from Southie, by Michael Patrick MacDonald
- Coma, by Robin Cook
- Black Mass: The True Story of an Unholy Alliance Between the FBI and the Irish Mob, by Richard Lehr and Gerard O'Neill
- Common Ground, a Pulitzer-Prize winning book about Boston public school busing by J. Anthony Lukas
- Fitzgeralds and the Kennedys, Doris Kearns Goodwin "
- The Bostonians, by Henry James
- The Brothers Bulger, by Howie Carr
Travel Pictorial - Country or Natural Wonder
Always browse any or all Travel Pictorial books about a country, region or a natural wonder of the world . You will find excellent photography to view at leisure. Check out any bookstore or library ( lending or reference ).
Travel Guide(s) - Country, Region or City
Always glance through any Travel Guide for the region you are planning to visit. You will always find some nuggat of useful information. The layout and content will always vary with the publisher. Every traveller should make it a priority to browse one or all of the guides listed below. It will be a great education to browse the layout and view the excellent photography. You decide which of the travel guide(s) you like the best.
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide(s)
- Insight / Discovery Channel Travel Guide(s)
- Lonely Planet Guide(s)
- AA Explorer, AA Key or AA Spiral Guide(s)
- Note: You will find about thirteen ( 13+ ) other publishing companies travel guides in bookstores.
Travel Books - Children or Junior
Browse the children's or junior section of your local library for travel and geography guides. You will find a variety of guides to countries, regions or natural wonders of the world. The majority of these guides will be less than fifty pages in length. They will contain an excellent overview of a country etc. They are an excellent introduction to travel for a novice traveller.
Travel DVD or Video Viewing
- These are a few ideas for finding Travel DVD's in your local area.
- Local Video Rental Store
- Local Library - Travel Video or DVD
- Any large music store will have a range of travel DVD's or Video's on sale.
- Travel Video Store has an excellent internet site.
- BBC Video series website section
- Pilot Travel Guide series
- National Geographic Travel DVD or Video Series