Visitors to Memphis need to know where to go to get information about the city, the sights and the places to avoid. Luckily, Memphis travelers have a number of places to choose from to get this information.
Start online: In the modern computer age, the best place to get visitor’s information is on the internet.
- The Memphis Convention & Visitors Bureau is the official tourism and marketing organization of Memphis and Shelby County. MemphisTravel.com offers information on attractions, hotels, restaurants and things to do in Memphis for travelers and meeting planners.
- The City of Memphis website is located at
www.cityofmemphis.org and offers information for residents and visitors on everything from current news to business and governement guidance and links to Memphis tourist attractions.
- I Love Memphis (www.ilovememphisblog.com) is a local blog geared towards locals or visitors looking for off-the-beaten-path recommendations in Memphis. The blog has a focus on food, attractions and things to do.
- Memphis Flyer (www.memphisflyer.com) is the alternative newsweekly paper serving the Memphis metro area. The Flyer covers a blend of serious Memphis news and entertainment coverage from across the city.
Get out and go: Of course, it’s also important to just get out to the local visitor’s centers and peruse their options, talking to their customer service representatives about what you want to see and what you should stay away from.
Memphis Moobile Apps:
- The Memphis Visitors Centers are located at 3205 Elvis Presely Blvd near Graceland and 12036 Arlington Trail off of highway I-40. Visitors Centers offer information, brochures and tickets to Memphis attractions, hotels and nearby restaurants.
- The Tennessee State Welcome Center is located in Memphis at 119 N. Riverside Drive and provides tourists with Memphis information as well as information on visiting areas near Memphis.
Put a guide to Memphis in your pocket with these handy mobile apps.
- Memphis Zoo iPhone app is a must-have companion for your visit to the zoo. The app offers a daily schedule of events, an interactive GPS map and information on your favorite zoo animals.
- Memphis Travel Guide is the city's official travel app (iPhone and Android) and acts as your guide to the Bluff City. Memphis Travel guide lists hundreds of attractions, hotels and restaurants, has GPS location-based functionality to find nearby hot spots and offers mobile coupons and more.
- TNVacation.com has an optimized mobile site with thousands of Tennessee attractions, accomodations and events across the entire state of Tennessee.