Las Cruces is a culturally diverse location which tends to create an environment where the performing arts thrive. Venues and performing arts groups to consider checking out during a stay in the area include:
- Fountain Theatre (
www.foundtintheatre.org) is located in nearby historic Mesilla. The venue shows art films and historic films throughout much of the year.
- Las Cruces Chamber Ballet is the local professional ballet company.
- Las Cruces Community Theatre offers year-round performances.
- Las Cruces Symphony Orchestra (
- New Mexico State University – The college campus is an excellent place to go to explore various types of performing arts options. The biggest venue on campus is the Pan Am Center which features musical performances from students as well as from professional groups. The college is also home to the Hershel Zohn Theatre where both student plays and professional plays are performed. Another thing to be sure to see on campus is an opera, performed by the Dona Ana Lyric Opera.
- No Strings Theatre Company (
www.no-strings.org) is the best bet for viewing plays written locally. The company also produces both timely and historical plays with challenging and humorous content.
Visitors can obtain more detailed information about these and other performing arts options throughout Las Cruces by visiting the Las Cruces Convention and Visitor’s Bureau Performing Arts page at