Travelers might come to Bowling Green at any time of the year and they will find that there is always something going on. Top picks include:
- Civil War Living History Days – This is a summer event which celebrates the impact of the civil war on the history of the area. See
for more information on that history.
- Corvette Birthday Bash – Travelers who are in the area during the month of April should be sure to celebrate this event at the Corvette Museum .
- International Celebration – This is one of the most diverse events in the area, featuring live music and entertainment reflecting various cultures and backgrounds. See
for complete details about this September festival.
- Lone Star Rodeo – The rodeo takes place in February of each year and is enjoyed by people from all throughout the area.
- National Corvette Homecoming (
www.nationalcorvettehomecoming.com) – The area is known for its relationship with General Motors Corvette Manufacturing, a fact which is celebrated with an annual corvette fair taking place each August. Activities include parades, races, and car shows.
- Southern Kentucky Book Fest (
www.sokybookfest.org) – Fans of the literary arts should not miss this April event.
- Christmas Tour of Homes - Tour several historic homes in the Bowling Green and Warren County area, generally the first Saturday in December. Landmark Association (www.bglandmark.org)
- Trees of Christmas - In December, over 25 decorated trees adorn the beautiful Eloise B. Houchens Center, built in 1904. Civic groups decorate the trees according to that year's theme.
Updated information about events in the area can be obtained from KY Festivals at