Outdoor and sporting activities to enjoy in the Bowling Green area include:
- Boating – There are lakes located all throughout the nearby area so visitors can enjoy boating, fishing and other water activities without going too far. Barren River Lake is one popular stop for such activities.
- Caving – here are numerous caves located all throughout the area. One of the most popular Bowling Green attractions is the Lost River Cave and Valley (
) which offers both walking and boat tours through the natural landscape. This is a place where both hiking and caving can be enjoyed. Travelers looking for something more intensive may want to head north to Mammoth Cave (nps.dov/maca/).
- Golf – Both gold and disc-golf are popular activities in Bowling Green . There are three full golf courses and eight disc golf courses to choose from.
- Indoor Courts – The Parks and Recreation Department runs the F.O. Moxley rec center which offers racquetball, handball, and basketball courts along with pool tables and board games.
- Motocross – That’s right, there’s a race track here that is not just for spectators. See
www.ballancemotox.com for more information.
- Parks – There are numerous parks all throughout Bowling Green where visitors can enjoy soccer, baseball, Frisbee, tennis, basketball, volleyball and jogging. See
for more information on which activities are offered by different parks.
- Spectator Sports – Make sure to stop at Beech Bend Raceway to watch the Stock Car races.
- Swimming – The lakes are not the only place to enjoy swimming in Bowling Green . Head over to the Russell Sims Aquatic Center or the Warren County Aquatics Facility for indoor swimming during the summer months.