Interested in Miami?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Miami each week.
You may also be interested in these hotels within five miles of Miami:
Miami is a big city, and it has crime and safety issues that you need to take care of . It's always wise to keep in mind the same basic safety precautions you would take in any other major metropolitan city.
- Watch your luggage at the Airport, during hotel check-in and check-out, and at all times.
- Be aware of your surroundings, have a detailed idea of where you are or where you are heading.
- Identify the friendly neighborhoods. Always carry a map. Know where you are.
- Don't answer the door in a hotel room without verifying whom it is. If a person claims to be an employee, call the front desk to check its authenticity.
There are some extra precautions in case of a hurricane. Some of these include:
- Listen to the radio or television for up-to-date emergency information.
- Stay away from downed power lines and flooding.
- Avoid walking in water. You can get into a hole, or hurt yourself with broken glass, metal fragments, and other debris.
- Find out what roads you can drive. You can get this information from public announcements or the authorities. As well, know what areas and neighborhoods are safe.
- Avoid driving flooded roads. Cars can be swept away or break down.
- When traffic lights are out, treat the intersection as a four-way stop.
- Be careful when entering a building that you visually consider damaged.