Interested in Vail?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Vail each week.
To start, in the winter, there are many different ski lessons available for children. Ranging from private lessons to group lessons, kids of all ages can participate and learn great skiing techniques. Lessons normall take place during the morning hours while parents and adults are off skiing on their own. The instructors are specifically trained to teach children, and the lessons provide a fun and educational experience that can last several hours a day, and may even include lunch.
There are also several other activities in Vail that members of an entire family can enjoy together – no matter what the age differences. There are hiking trails that range from very easy to difficult, museums (such as the Colorado Ski Museum), evening concerts in the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater, the Vail Nature Center, snowshoeing areas, and fishing trips in which children can attend.
Vail is a town not exclusive to adults. Most of the activities here encourage the entire family to participate and have fun together.
Some tips for families to help make your Vail vacation a bit easier and hassle-free:
1. Shop around and book your vacation early to enjoy the best discounts and lift ticket packages
2. Plan an evening at Adventure Ridge atop Vail Mountain
3. Scenic 4 Eagle Ranch offers a wide variety of fun family activities centered around a real Western Ranch, including horseback rides, cattle round-ups and Western nights with dinner and a Wild West show
4. Contact your hotel concierge to set up babysitting one night and enjoy a romantic dinner
5. Get your ski/snowboard rentals the night before you start skiing - the lines are much shorter than in the mornings
6. Book an airport shuttle for your family; save on car rental fees and you won't have to worry about winter road conditions
7. Don't forget your swimsuits for the pool and/or hot tubs - kids love swimming in the snow!
8. Purchase multiple day lift tickets for big discounts (and be sure to purchase at least 10 days prior to arrival!)
9. Check the special events taking place - Vail is known for the many concerts, plays & dance performances at the Vilar Theatre & Gerald R. Ford Amphitheatre
10. Take a ski or snowboard lesson. Whether you want to learn a new sport, improve your skills or just want to find the stashes that only the locals know
11. Stay in a condominium; they have fully equipped kitchens to make it convenient for in-house meals