Long Beach sometimes gets overshadowed by Los Angeles, with its bustling nightlife and celebrity sightings. However, Long Beach is the fifth largest city in California and its nightlife reflects that fact. There is plenty for people of all ages to do during the late, late hours of their Long Beach vacation. Downtown Long Beach is the best place to be to go from bar to club to bar, although other areas of Long Beach do have a nightlife as well. Popular hotspots include:
- Basement at the Broadlind – This is a snazzy place with a martini bar and a combination of DJ’s and live music offered throughout the week.
- Blue Café – This bar has eight pool tables, two stages and two full bars. What more could a traveler ask for?!
- COHIBA – This is a nightclub which is favored by the more trendy and upscale of Long Beach visitors, but it also has pool tables and welcomes in a diverse range of guests.
- Laugh is Hope – This comedy club is the place to go to get the laughter flowing. Several big name comedians got started at this spot and the venue is home to a number of comedy festivals throughout the year.
- Mai Tai Bar – This is a true beach bar, an experience which should be had by any Long Beach visitor, especially those visitors who do not have the luxury of beaches back home.
- Vault 350 – Live music concerts and plenty of space are the hallmarks of this new club.
- Wine Crush – Travelers interested in wine tasting don’t have to go to Northern California to get their fix; they can just spend an evening at Wine Crush.
More information about the nightlife in and around Long Beach is online at