Laguna Beach has been made famous by the MTV television show of the same name, but it still manages to retain its artsy, laid-back vibe.
- Each summer, it hosts the
Pageant of the Masters, where paintings by artistic "masters" are brought to life by actors. Come check out the tableaux vivant.
- Each summer, the Festival of the Arts displays artwork by the best local artists on the grounds in Laguna Canyon. The artwork is all for sale.
- The Laguna Art Museum is a fun museum overlooking the ocean. The permanent exhibit features artwork by California artists.
- The First Thursdays Art Walk - walk or take the free shuttle to Laguna Beach galleries from 6-9pm July - September.
- The HIP District (Historic and Interesting Places) features great shops and galleries on PCH between Thalia and Bluebird Canyon. Laguna destination shops like Laguna Nursery and Studio Arts along with historic accommodations like Hotel la Casa del Camino are worth the visit.
Sawdust Art Festival
- Laguna Beach is beautiful and sun-kissed. Play in the waters, lay on the beach, shop the galleries, see working artists, visit the Pacific Marine Mammal Center, Laguna Playhouse and book a room overlooking the ocean. The Laguna TidePools are a great place to see wildlife in its natural setting.